Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research tree, new everything...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research tree, new everything... Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/1/2014 2:22:38 PM   
Testmann

I was reading through this thread but I am still not sure:
Is there a way to make this mod compatible with DW Extended mod, More (& rebalanced) wonders and AI improvement mod?

Thanks for the info!

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 511
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/1/2014 2:26:03 PM   
Unreal2004

IIRC (could be wrong) this mod (Research Reloaded) will be included in a mega-mod in the future once all the bugs and kinks are worked out.

(in reply to Testmann)
Post #: 512
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/1/2014 2:49:18 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: DinoSaurus

Lurchi,

I have another question - but maybe not a new idea for you:

Do you have any planetary structures/buildings to increase colony happines/ growth/ income?!

Something like national parks (e.g. only for special planet types), theme parks or so.

Yeah, there are various new facilities like that. All in the form of wonders since normal facilities are way to restricted.

quote:

Would it be possible to add a new character: Entertainer?! Influences the tourist income, diplomatic issues, colony happiness and so on...

New character classes are not possible.

quote:

By the way. We talked above about new resources - please let me know if and what is needed and in the grafic style of the icon... maybe I will have time to work on next week...

Already done.

(in reply to DinoSaurus)
Post #: 513
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/1/2014 2:52:12 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Testmann

I was reading through this thread but I am still not sure:
Is there a way to make this mod compatible with DW Extended mod, More (& rebalanced) wonders and AI improvement mod?

Thanks for the info!

This mod is compatible with DW Extended. More & rebalanced wonders are included and Icemania is going to integrate his AI mod. So, no need to to anything.

(in reply to Testmann)
Post #: 514
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/1/2014 2:53:57 PM   
lurchi

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unreal2004

IIRC (could be wrong) this mod (Research Reloaded) will be included in a mega-mod in the future once all the bugs and kinks are worked out.

Yeah, that will be the mother of all DW mods.

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 515
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/2/2014 8:22:15 PM   
lurchi

K, since it seems there are about two more weeks before the next patch and I have to wait for it so I can release a complete beta I do another balancing spree to enhance the differences between the various variants of similar components a bit more.

I'll also recheck the usage of the new resources for the various components as well as the new luxuries.

Research projects and components are at the current limits, so there's nothing I can do there anymore until the developers change those limits.

The resources are also at the limit, but I guess there's really nothing new and interesting to add anymore anyway. Well, save the drug system I cooked up that doesn't work as intented until the developers enable me to define the various drug effects via more resource effect settings in the race files.

I sure hope I can start the beta test soon...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 516
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/2/2014 8:46:09 PM   
Unreal2004

Are they patching the 8-bit, 256 component issue in the next update? Or is that just when the next one is due down the line?

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 517
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/2/2014 9:59:55 PM   
Kizucha

quote:

ORIGINAL: lurchi
I sure hope I can start the beta test soon...

I hope this too, i urgently need a good research mod.

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 518
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/8/2014 5:13:11 AM   
danymatrix

come on lurchi!

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 519
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/10/2014 8:03:19 PM   
lurchi

So the new patch is out and not only fixed the component #256 bug, but also further raised components and research projects.

The good news is I can not only add the components I already have dummy settings for, but also some more I have planned as well as the two additional tech levels I mentioned some days ago.

The bad news is that adding more components and projects will take a few more days, so bear with me, it'll be worth it.

(in reply to danymatrix)
Post #: 520
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/10/2014 8:07:07 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

So the new patch is out and not only fixed the component #256 bug, but also further raised components and research projects.

The good news is I can not only add the components I already have dummy settings for, but also some more I have planned as well as the two additional tech levels I mentioned some days ago.

The bad news is that adding more components and projects will take a few more days, so bear with me, it'll be worth it.

I feel you buddy! Getting ready to do the same!

Here's a little something from the "Trek Team" to help you through these next few lonely nights in the
'modding lab' lurchi!

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 10/10/2014 9:09:47 PM >

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 521
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/10/2014 8:27:40 PM   
lurchi

Thanks, ehsumrell.

BTW, make an educated guess what one of the new luxury resources I added is.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 522
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/10/2014 11:22:13 PM   
ParagonExile

quote:

Thanks, ehsumrell.

Tell me you're joking.

Planets with it are going to be turned into balls of incandescence if I see them.

If I ever hear "Romulan ale is illegal in Federation space!" again... oh boy.

< Message edited by ParagonExile -- 10/11/2014 12:23:51 AM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 523
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/11/2014 12:34:17 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

Thanks, ehsumrell.

Ahhh....duh... VINTAGE ROMULAN ALE!!!

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 524
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/11/2014 12:41:07 AM   
Shark7

quote:

ORIGINAL: ParagonExile

quote:

Thanks, ehsumrell.

Tell me you're joking.

Planets with it are going to be turned into balls of incandescence if I see them.

If I ever hear "Romulan ale is illegal in Federation space!" again... oh boy.

Well its official, I'm going to have to build a new shipyard and cloning facility...just so I can supply the Star Destroyers and Stormtroopers to guard the Romulan Ale factory...built at its uber-secret, hidden location.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to ParagonExile)
Post #: 525
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/11/2014 1:45:39 AM   
Blackstork

Cookies! (Now they are real)
(I am OK with Romulan ones)

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 526
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/11/2014 6:51:38 AM   
Kizucha

Cookies?! Where?! Give em to me or i'll bite you!

I'm happy to hear that the mod is near to be ready for testing, yay! After a long time, i can play the game again with a research mod.

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 527
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 3:03:06 PM   
Tikigit

Been following this mod project for some months now and really does look to be shaping up great.

Though getting slightly concerned that there's a bit too much 'feature creep' present, rather than focusing on just the original scope and plan and pushing that out, seeing how it fares and then going from there.

Each time a roadblock is fixed by the developers to make the mod possible to get bolted down and rolled out as a beta, instead the scope of the mod then changes to reflect the new boundaries of what the game supports, which then encounters new problems that serve as a roadblocks to moving the mod forward, which then get fixed by the developers of the game, which then causes the scope of the mod to again expand.....

It's great to see such eagerness to push for more, but when it reaches the point of weeks if not months into that loop cycle then it may be a better idea to put two feet on the ground and just push out the current scope and plans into beta for wider exposure and feedback, then go from there.

< Message edited by Tikigit -- 10/18/2014 4:04:25 PM >

(in reply to Kizucha)
Post #: 528
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 3:42:43 PM   
PsyKoSnake

If Eric give him the possibility to make a 10 000 researh project he would do it.

Laser, Quantum Laser, Singularity Quantum Laser, Extra Quantum Singularity Laser, Twin Singularity laser, Blue Singularity laser, Radioactive Singularity Twin Extra Laser.

I think I will do a mod for laser, 1000 Laser project ;)

Damn I will need more type of visual effect! Cannot go on with the project...

Youhou patch 2.0 add 1500 visual effect but only 1200 researh project. :P

Add to my wishlist: I want the possibility to have more researh project.

1 month later.

Patch 2.1 Youhou 1500 reasearch project.
Noooo! I had plan for 2000 Research. And now I need 700 component.

4 Years Later.

Somone ask in the forum:
Will you finish the Laser mod project soon?

YEah YEah! I only need to balance the 4500 new laser and make the design for the 250 new race I have added to the mod. Almost done! 1-2 week!

Noooooooo! Distant world 2 is release in 1 week!

========================================================================================================================

HeHe, could not pass this occasion ;)

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 10/18/2014 4:52:32 PM >

(in reply to Tikigit)
Post #: 529
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 6:03:09 PM   
bugbear777

quote:

ORIGINAL: PsyKoSnake

If Eric give him the possibility to make a 10 000 researh project he would do it.

Laser, Quantum Laser, Singularity Quantum Laser, Extra Quantum Singularity Laser, Twin Singularity laser, Blue Singularity laser, Radioactive Singularity Twin Extra Laser.

1 month later.

4 Years Later.

Somone ask in the forum:

YEah YEah! I only need to balance the 4500 new laser and make the design for the 250 new race I have added to the mod. Almost done! 1-2 week!

========================================================================================================================

XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 530
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 7:09:15 PM   
Kizucha

We will neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeer get the mod nooooo~~~!!

(in reply to bugbear777)
Post #: 531
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 10:08:28 PM   
lurchi

quote:

1 month later.

4 Years Later.

Somone ask in the forum:

===============================================

You know the mod roadmap? You even know about the ultra secret Radioactive Singularity Twin Extra Laser! How?

K, now for something completely different. Sorry to inform you, I did not work on the mod the last few days. I had no time at all.

Alas, this changes now.

No, there will be no new features that I can't add now. That's why I threw out the elaborate drug system I came up with. A pity, really. I had 4 kinds of drugs, each with unique effects on all races, some positive, some negative. Like one raising troop strength but also lowering production. Oh well...

To make up for it I fell back to my contingency plan and added four new kinds of booze (well, one is non alcoholic) instead of the drugs, so there'll be lot's of drunks instead of potheads.

In addition to Romulan Ale there are now also Vurguzz, Ambrosia, Slurm and the PanGalactic GargleBlaster.

I absolutely have to add a whole bunch of new components, though. I just can't waste the opportunity. Dunno right now how much it'll be, but expect maybe 400. In a week, max two, I'll release the first beta.

< Message edited by lurchi -- 10/18/2014 11:11:01 PM >

(in reply to PsyKoSnake)
Post #: 532
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/18/2014 10:58:23 PM   
PsyKoSnake

Radioactive Singularity Twin Extra Laser

Watch out!

Copyrited

;)

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 10/18/2014 11:58:33 PM >

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 533
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/19/2014 9:44:19 AM   
Tikigit

quote:

quote:

1 month later.

4 Years Later.

Somone ask in the forum:

===============================================

You know the mod roadmap? You even know about the ultra secret Radioactive Singularity Twin Extra Laser! How?

K, now for something completely different. Sorry to inform you, I did not work on the mod the last few days. I had no time at all.

Alas, this changes now.

No, there will be no new features that I can't add now. That's why I threw out the elaborate drug system I came up with. A pity, really. I had 4 kinds of drugs, each with unique effects on all races, some positive, some negative. Like one raising troop strength but also lowering production. Oh well...

To make up for it I fell back to my contingency plan and added four new kinds of booze (well, one is non alcoholic) instead of the drugs, so there'll be lot's of drunks instead of potheads.

In addition to Romulan Ale there are now also Vurguzz, Ambrosia, Slurm and the PanGalactic GargleBlaster.

I absolutely have to add a whole bunch of new components, though. I just can't waste the opportunity. Dunno right now how much it'll be, but expect maybe 400. In a week, max two, I'll release the first beta.

*sigh*

And the cycle continues.

Look forward to seeing the mod sometime next year then I guess.

(in reply to lurchi)
Post #: 534
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/19/2014 8:09:51 PM   
Blackstork

I warn you again or resource distribution and impact on trade/balance/galactic economy. More you add more extreme balancing , tweaking will be needed. I advise you to try this car before you ride it. :)

(in reply to Tikigit)
Post #: 535
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/24/2014 10:59:03 AM   
Icemania

Hey lurchi, time to stop any more scope growth, focus on making what you've already done awesome. Once the tech tree is final I can start playing to figure out good Research Orders for the AI. We can always tweak damages/ranges/settings later for balancing but I need a final tech tree and a Beta to even make a start. Beyond Earth has just been released so no rush as I'll be busy playing that for the moment but not too long please!

< Message edited by Icemania -- 10/27/2014 4:34:56 PM >

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 536
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/24/2014 11:57:51 AM   
Blackstork

I agree. Better to make it playable now, and add things later. This will be very effecient for both mod alone, and megamod.

(in reply to Icemania)
Post #: 537
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/25/2014 1:13:24 AM   
Shogouki

I would definitely be grateful as well if you could get a test version out before doing anymore non-essential additions to the mod. Your mod along with Icemania's AI mod are what I'm waiting for before starting a new DW game as I don't really want a megamod but just new techs, components, facilities and such.

Not that I want to sound like I'm telling you what to do with your mod, I'm just really anxious for these features, and greatly appreciate your hard work!

(in reply to Blackstork)
Post #: 538
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/26/2014 11:21:16 PM   
Joshwoo69

Beta is out!

quote:

BUG FIXES
- fixed bug where games would not start when more than 256 components defined
- ensure characters with random appearance order now work properly, even when many custom characters defined and many random appearance orders used
- ensure Shakturi always properly use custom design templates when available

SHIP DESIGN
- added new flee when setting: Armor 50% or Shields 20% (also supported in design template files: use setting Armor50 for optional FleeWhen)

MODDING
- increased maximum number of research projects from 1000 to 1500
- increased maximum number of components from 300 to 500

(in reply to Shogouki)
Post #: 539
RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research t... - 10/27/2014 1:30:54 AM   
Falokis

WinRAR says the downloaded file is corrupt :(

Is this just me?

(in reply to Joshwoo69)
Post #: 540
Page:   <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: Research Reloaded - [DWU] [WIP] New huge research tree, new everything... Page: <<   < prev  16 17 [18] 19 20   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI