Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Database error found

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Database error found Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Database error found - 10/24/2014 2:56:35 AM   
Jim D Burns

Just found a database issue that appears to be across the board in all scenarios. The 44th, 45th and 46th Indian brigades point to line 2691 in the database for their TO&E’s, this line is blank and it means they have no TO&E and will not draw replacements or upgrade as the war progresses. Instead they should be pointing to line 2846 which is the line for all Indian brigades.

Not sure where one would post this info, so thought I’d put it in the main forum so as many modders eyes can see it as possible for possible future fixes. This would be an issue for any future patches to address as well, as every single scenario would need fixing.

I should note I did not do a comprehensive search for all Indian brigades in game at this point, so it is possible more than just these three units are pointing to a blank line.

I posted some screenshots showing the issue in my AAR starting with post #27:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3697828&mpage=1&key=

Jim

Post #: 1
RE: Database error found - 10/24/2014 3:51:31 AM   
PaxMondo

Better to post up in tech support, or in the Land thread stickied above.

Pax

(in reply to Jim D Burns)
Post #: 2
RE: Database error found - 10/24/2014 4:37:59 AM   
jcjordan

From your AAR, it looks as though you're playing a DBB mod so would post it there since they did the mod (they changed much from stock). If that problem extents to stock, it won't likely be fixed but I don't think it is in the stock scenarios

(in reply to PaxMondo)
Post #: 3
RE: Database error found - 10/24/2014 4:58:10 AM   
Jim D Burns

I checked stock scenario 1 as well, same issue. Unless installing DBB changed the database for all scenarios on my PC?

Would be great if someone without a mod installed could confirm this in their game install.

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 10/24/2014 6:04:41 AM >

(in reply to jcjordan)
Post #: 4
RE: Database error found - 10/24/2014 10:52:39 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jim D Burns

I checked stock scenario 1 as well, same issue. Unless installing DBB changed the database for all scenarios on my PC?

Would be great if someone without a mod installed could confirm this in their game install.

Jim

Installing a mod will not change the database in a stock scenario I believe. I'm going to take a look....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 5
RE: Database error found - 10/25/2014 7:37:54 PM   
CaseLogic

Huh, I just checked my Scenario 1, and there line 2691 contains "Ind 41 (only Ind) Bde", upgrading to TOE 2855 "Ind 43 Bde".
Stock database, so this must be some mod issue.

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 6
RE: Database error found - 10/25/2014 8:54:22 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

I checked DBB-C Scen29 (Dec 8th start) - only DBB version I use, so someone else please check the other DBB variants - and there line 2691 contains "Ind 41 (only Ind) Bde", upgrading to TOE 2855 "Ind 43 Bde" as well.

Beware that there are two sets of scenario files - the original official set from 2010 which contains errors like empty device and TOE slots and the unofficial JWE's+Andy Mac's scenario updates from 2012 which corrected many such errors. See http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3198064

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/25/2014 9:55:27 PM >

(in reply to CaseLogic)
Post #: 7
RE: Database error found - 10/25/2014 9:31:03 PM   
Jim D Burns

OK now I’m really confused. First I had the most recent official patch installed, then I Installed the DBB scenario. Then I installed the most recent beta patch.

Now I’m seeing these old files in your linked thread from 2012 requiring individual files be downloaded for each scenario. Do I really need to install all these old files one by one? Hasn’t the most recent beta patch incorporated all this by now since it’s been two years? Is there not a comprehensive patch file out there somewhere that incorporates all these old individual changes?

Finally is my current game screwed? Is this not repairable without a restart once I install the old 2012 files?

Jim

(in reply to LargeSlowTarget)
Post #: 8
RE: Database error found - 10/25/2014 10:46:54 PM   
tiemanjw

In my game with Lowpe, he had an error with some non existant AA devices. We updated to the Andy-mac scenarios and the units started taking devices (I think... He may confirm). That was stock scenario 6.

Post #: 9
RE: Database error found - 10/26/2014 6:30:02 AM   
LargeSlowTarget

Jim, the Beta patches are only concerning the .exe file i.e. the game engine - not the scenario database. You must update the engine via patch AND the database via the scenario files. Unfortunately only certain database changes will be imported into ongoing games - to enjoy all fixes and changes requires a restart.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/26/2014 7:31:05 AM >

(in reply to tiemanjw)
Post #: 10
RE: Database error found - 10/26/2014 7:59:51 AM   
Jim D Burns

Ok so if I’m understanding things now, DBB changes since these files were made back in 2012 will be lost if I over-write the current DBB databases with these older files from Andy’s thread. So how do I get both these old fixes and the DBB changes that have occurred since then to be in my game at the same time, or is that even possible?

Since your DBB 29 scenario works, perhaps it’s an issue with DBB 28 (that's the one I edited) not getting the corrected database updates back in 2012. Or have you simply not updated the DBB database yourself since 2012 due to an ongoing game?

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 10/26/2014 9:04:40 AM >

Post #: 11
RE: Database error found - 10/26/2014 2:23:36 PM   
Symon

This is an error in the databases for DBB-B and C. We've done some tweaking and some other things have fallen through the cracks. Guess it's time to thoroughly scrub the scenarios and fill as many of the bumps and potholes as possible.

If you would, Jim, please start a DBB Errors thread in the scen design forum as a place for everyone to collect all their little smelly bits. I promise it will be viewed and used.

Thanks. JWE

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Post #: 12
RE: Database error found - 10/26/2014 3:47:33 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Jim, Andy's files are for official scenarios so they will not overwrite DBB files - different scenario slots. I have mentioned Andy's files because I suspect that you still use the original 2010 files. That could explain why you have the same issue in scenario 1. That my DBB does not have the issue but yours have could indicate that your DBB files are an older version as well - or I have fixed the issue myself in the DBB files but cannot remember. Best to download the latest DBB files and check with the editor.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/26/2014 4:55:09 PM >

(in reply to Symon)
Post #: 13
RE: Database error found - 10/26/2014 4:05:11 PM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget

Jim, Andy's files are for official scenarios so they will not overwrite DBB files - different scenario slots. I have mentioned Andy's files because I suspect that you still use the original 2010 files. That could explain why you have the same issue in scenario 1. That my DBB does not have the issue but yours have could indicate that your DBB files are an older version as well - or I have fixed the issue myself in the DBB files but cannot remember. Best to download the latest DBB files and check with the editor.

I took a look Friday night after work and found no issues. But one of my older AE files contained a DBB's scenario I downloaded some time ago and it had some issues as mentioned. I think LST is correct in his assumption. I also think I need to update some of my own stuff....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

Post #: 14
RE: Database error found - 10/27/2014 8:22:25 AM   
Jim D Burns

As per the age of my DBB files, I recently downloaded this from https://sites.google.com/site/dababeswitpae/dabigbabes/dabigbabes-c in preparation for this email game I started. So I "think" I have the most recent files.

All the .dat files for scenario 28 have a date created of 6/15/14 stamped on em, so it looks like the most recent changes to the scenario data as Symon mentioned above is what caused the issue.

I also believe the extended map version of the game over-writes the core data files for stock scenarios as well due to the changes of that map. I doubt I could play stock scenarios any longer once I installed the extended map, so it was wrong for me to look at scenario one when I was looking for errors, since I no longer have stock data files installed.

This brings up a question though, does it matter what sequence you install the DBB files? In other words should you install the extended map before the scenarios or does it make no difference?

Jim

< Message edited by Jim D Burns -- 10/27/2014 9:36:33 AM >

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 15
RE: Database error found - 10/27/2014 2:40:25 PM   
LargeSlowTarget

Map files do not overwrite scenario files. Map files are in the ART folder - you can overwrite the original map with any map you want, this will not change the scenario files which are in the SCEN folder.

Of course map files and scenario files must be synchronized - i.e. extended map scenarios with extended map art files and normal map scenarios with normal map art files. This can be done either by swapping out the map art files (for examples using two ART folders and renaming them or simply by using two installations of the game).

I have checked Andy's updated Scenario 1 with a fresh download (scenario files created June 30 2012) - it does not have the issue, slot 2691 is the "Ind 41 (Ind only) Bde" updating to 2855 "Ind 43 Bde".

I have also checked DBB-C Scenario 29 Dec 8th start (file dates from November 2013) which I am playing (and used as baseline for my mod)- it does not have the issue.

Now, I have just downloaded DBB-C Scenario 28 Dec 7th start (file dates June 16 2014) and YES - the issue exists in this version, location 2691 is an empty TOE slot.

So confusingly, the newest scenario has this error, the older ones not.

< Message edited by LargeSlowTarget -- 10/27/2014 3:43:20 PM >

Post #: 16
RE: Database error found - 10/27/2014 3:57:52 PM   
geofflambert

We can correct these errors through the editor ourselves, right? All we need is a complete list of the errors that need fixing. Does anyone have that? If we do it error by error in the editor, will that fix a game in progress?

Post #: 17
RE: Database error found - 10/27/2014 4:09:34 PM   
Symon

quote:

ORIGINAL: LargeSlowTarget
So confusingly, the newest scenario has this error, the older ones not.

Sad but true. We diddled with expanding some Australian TOEs in B and C. That particular Indian TOE was an outlier on the CW list, so we concatenated it with 2846. Unfortunately, we neglected to update the TOE field for those 3 brigades that originally pointed to 2691. Our fault.

Hope that's all that we missed. JWE

Nous n'avons pas peur! Vive la liberté! Moi aussi je suis Charlie!
Yippy Ki Yay.

Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Database error found Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI