Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Matrix Taking Orders for SPWaW Desert Fox NOW!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Matrix Taking Orders for SPWaW Desert Fox NOW! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Matrix Taking Orders for SPWaW Desert Fox NOW! - 3/28/2001 3:16:00 PM   
David Heath

Hi Guys YES YES YES, I finally finished the Online Store. We have put a lot of time and effort into getting the best features and services for everyone here and Internationally. We have gone to great lengths to provide our international customers with cheap and fast shipping options. If you know of a possible better method or have an idea please let us know. Pre-Orders for Mega Campaign: The Desert Fox 1941 and our Desert Fox T-Shirt are being taken now. Also available is the full register version of Firefight. To place and an order or check out policies please go to http://www.matrixgames.com/orderonline.asp Also please let us know what you think of the online store. As you know we also try to make this just a little bit better.

Post #: 1
- 3/28/2001 3:38:00 PM   
Pack Rat

David, I've been watching this page for a while. I think you've covered the bases well. Looks great!! It's my hope that all at Matrix get filthy rich :)

PR

(in reply to David Heath)
Post #: 2
- 3/28/2001 3:55:00 PM   
ectizen

Woohoo! My card wasn't maxed!

ectizen's SP:WaW Tools - Map Thing (1.0a), Scenario W

Post #: 3
- 3/28/2001 4:03:00 PM   
Antonius

Just placed an order for the mega-campaign :) Seemed to work fine. Received the email confirmation a few minutes later. Was just a little bewildered to be asked for my company's name; finally used the "name" field for my sirname and the "company" for my name and the whole final address looked fine.

Wargamo, ergo sum

Post #: 4
- 3/28/2001 5:09:00 PM   
johansson

JIHHHAAAA.... Time to spend some hard earned cash! And I guess you guys earned it Hey we have freeloaded on you for quite a time now! :D

Post #: 5
- 3/28/2001 5:32:00 PM   
Joaquim

:eek: oooooppsssss... I just forgot to put credit card information before ordering.... :eek: and I cann't find a good way to enter that little info... :) I'll come back to this... now I'll look for a «fool testing» job... :)

Post #: 6
- 3/28/2001 5:42:00 PM   
Banjo

WOOOHOOO!!!!!!! {use best Homer Simpson voice for that}. Thanks guys, you deserve to get filthy rich. I hope this is only the beginning of quality programing from you guys. I feel like a little kid waiting for xmas for that game to get here!!!

Post #: 7
- 3/28/2001 6:28:00 PM   
Eagle-Talon

WOW David it looks great I'll be ordering on pay day.

Ten men wisely lead can beat a hundred without a head.

Post #: 8
- 3/28/2001 7:11:00 PM   
Fabs

Ooops! As soon as I saw this I headed over to your store, ordered one Megacampaign and 5 T shirts (I want you guys to make money!), proceeded to fill in the shipping details and then... I got this: ERROR: Couldn't contact rating server! Please contact website administrator. GoShip method has not been fully setup. Error message: Couldn't contact rating server! Dis I make a mistake or is it something else?? I was doing this from London, UK. I'm dying to give you my money, chaps, please make it easy for me. :D

Fabs

Post #: 9
- 3/28/2001 7:24:00 PM   
Resisti

Global Express cost for delivery in Europe: Italy,Germany,France,Belgium,U.K. : 44 USD Spain,Portugal,Finland : 52 USD this provided the envelope's weight doesnt exceed 1lb Sincerely speaking I'm not really enclined to pay more than twice the cd cost to US post service,while I'd really be keen to pay the 20 dollars to Matrix (sincerely,you guys,deserve even more than that...). So here my questions to Matrix: -how's the weight of a cd ? -are you sure there's no other way to have it shipped at a cheaper cost ? (normal airmail or something) -is it possible to have the cd "free delivered Matrix",if we find the way to come and pick it up paying less ? Last possibility(this is not involving Matrix,anyway):as somebody already suggested in another thread,some cumulative orders could be placed by 1 person or two for people living in the same country,cause most probably the costs for internal redistribution are much lower than to get each of us 1 cd shipped from USA.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 10
- 3/28/2001 8:14:00 PM   
AlvinS

My order is in and I am anxiously waiting for the CD to arrive. I noticed that while using the order page that if you hit the back button and the go forward again it increments the quantity ordered. Just something to pay attention to. Its easy to just re-enter the quantity and hit enter to correct the total. Great job Matrix!

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." ---Mark Twain

Naval Warfare Simulations

AlvinS

Post #: 11
- 3/28/2001 9:07:00 PM   
Wild Bill

Thanks so much for your patience and understanding, guys. We are new at this and trying to do it right. I'm sure David will correct all of these problems immediately. Without a doubt he is catching a few "z"s I talked with him at about 3AM this morning. He was working on the store and I was working on the campaign. We hope to have it out to you very soon. And thank you, thank you for your orders. I want one of those T-shirts too! They are just too cool...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

Post #: 12
- 3/28/2001 9:21:00 PM   
x6ftundx_slith

woohoo i can't wait just ordered it... commando solo :D

Post #: 13
- 3/28/2001 9:22:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

We are looking for alternatives to Overseas shipping, but lacking a distribution network, we have problems with shipping direct from the US to your door in a verifiable way (for your protection and ours). we found using normal mail to mail beta CDs that this was not as reliable as we require for business purposes. We are looking for alternatives, but a fully satisfactory solution has not been apparant yet. If you have ideas let us know!

Post #: 14
- 3/28/2001 9:34:00 PM   
Cirrus

Is electronic shop, that allows you to pay the product with credit card for example and then download it, totally out of question? That way we could get rid of shipment costs... -- Cirrus

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 15
- 3/28/2001 9:47:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

Our experience with downloading SPWaW has shown this particularly problematic overseas. If the file were small like Firefight (the full versionof which is now also available to purchase this way) we would do it, but with a 350+MB file it just is not reliable enough to support pay per download opperation.

Post #: 16
- 3/28/2001 9:55:00 PM   
Paul Goodman

OK, I ordered, worked great, no problems at all. However, I feel sure that I need an Edelweis cap and some #24 sunscreen. Is that included? Paul

Post #: 17
- 3/28/2001 10:49:00 PM   
AJH

Okay, well done...worked flawlessly, at least here in the States. This will be the perfect antidote for the seemingly endless winter we're getting in the Northeast. We sorely need some sun....

Post #: 18
- 3/28/2001 10:55:00 PM   
Joaquim

Wild Bill,
quote:

Global Express cost for delivery in Europe: Italy,Germany,France,Belgium,U.K. : 44 USD Spain,Portugal,Finland : 52 USD
Just an ideia... have you talked to Amazon? They have good channels here in Europe... and appears as they will get anything they can to sold... we still have to pay something more than over there in the US... but shipment will be very less expansive, I guess... Yours, Joaquim

Post #: 19
- 3/28/2001 11:14:00 PM   
Paul Vebber

The problem there is that we'd likely have to double the price to account for their share, if not put up money (significant money) to get them to waste their time. That is the wholeproblem with middleman distributers, they want a good chunk of change that can be aborbed if you are selling a 100K's of units. For something like this where 10K sales would be a great success, we can't afford to pay distributers their exhorbatant cuts.

Post #: 20
- 3/28/2001 11:27:00 PM   
Resisti

Paul V., I'm sure you did,but: have you checked private fast couriers like DHL,UPS,or others for international orders? I did it myself with DHL IN Italy and they asked me something like 65USD to come to NY and bring my precious cd back to Italy (if weight not exceeding half a kilo.

Federico "Resisti" Doveri

Post #: 21
- 3/28/2001 11:31:00 PM   
Zorfwaddle

quote:

Originally posted by Paul Vebber: The problem there is that we'd likely have to double the price to account for their share, if not put up money (significant money) to get them to waste their time. That is the wholeproblem with middleman distributers, they want a good chunk of change that can be aborbed if you are selling a 100K's of units. For something like this where 10K sales would be a great success, we can't afford to pay distributers their exhorbatant cuts.
Which leads me to a question... If I was on my way to England, France, Belgium etc TAD (Im military) and was to take a stack of the MegaCampaign that people had payed for but sent to me, whats the legal problems for a "courier" who has those disks in his seabag? I know you cant take multiple items overseas that are for sell (at least w/o paying a fine/tax), but what about stuff you are taking overseas that has already been payed for?? Not that Im planning on doing it, but Ive wondered since I used to go TAD to Europe quite a bit. I personally think there would be trouble, as you cant prove they have been payed for...

"AK-47. When you absolutely, positively got to kill every m****rf****r in the room. Accept no substitutes." Ordell Robbie - "Jackie Brown"

Post #: 22
- 3/29/2001 2:19:00 AM   
Don

quote:

I personally think there would be trouble, as you cant prove they have been payed for...
Sure you can - just print out your email receipt.

Don "Sapper" Llewellyn

Post #: 23
- 3/29/2001 2:32:00 AM   
panda124c

Oh goodie, goodie, goodie, drool, drool. can I wait that long.

Post #: 24
- 3/29/2001 3:27:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. Good news: The Mega-Campaign is ready to be ordered. Bad News: Here in Spain it costs 20 USD + 52 USD = 72 USD!!! Ummmh it's a little expensive... ...Now in Spain a new computer game costs aprox. 40 USD... Why don't you make possible for international customers to buy a downloable version? Or something else to make it a litte less expensive?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

Post #: 25
- 3/29/2001 4:11:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

Flawlessly placed order and received email notification of the order within minutes. Worked Great!!!

Post #: 26
- 3/29/2001 4:32:00 AM   
chief

Matrix: Went trough entire order process for Mega campaign, but could not get page for credit card info to come up...also have an additional question...why is USPS price at $5.00 when its only $3.55 on shipping info page, either way I'll order if I can give you my cc # on ordering site...I know you really didn't want to hear this but....... :confused: :(

"God Bless America and All the Young men and women who give their all to protect Her"....chief

Post #: 27
- 3/29/2001 4:36:00 AM   
Cirrus

From my point of view the price of 72 USD is way too high for me to order your great game. Only way I imagine I could do it is by paying it and downloading it then or then we have to find shipment method that cost much less. Of course pay per download wouldn't help as many as we want but with my internet connection I am pretty sure that atleast for me downloading would work fine. Isn't there a way to make pay per download system so smart that it recognizes failed downloads and your credit card won't be charged? And with succeded download you get charged and everyone would be happy. -- Cirrus

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 28
- 3/29/2001 4:45:00 AM   
Kharan

Matrix, check how Shrapnel and Esimgames are doing international shipping, they seem to have gotten the costs quite low.

Post #: 29
- 3/29/2001 6:07:00 AM   
McGib

quote:

Originally posted by Fabs: I got this: ERROR: Couldn't contact rating server! Please contact website administrator. GoShip method has not been fully setup. Error message: Couldn't contact rating server! Did I make a mistake or is it something else?? I was doing this from London, UK. I'm dying to give you my money, chaps, please make it easy for me. :D
I had the same problem Fabs, but I'm thinking its just the amount of people ordering thats causing the problem. Each time I've tried to order I get that error message on a different screen.

Ready Aye Ready

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Matrix Taking Orders for SPWaW Desert Fox NOW! Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI