Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Uncommon Valor Update???

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Uncommon Valor Update??? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Uncommon Valor Update??? - 2/1/2003 4:57:37 AM   
MojoRisinATL

I have tried numerous times to download the update for Uncommon Valor, and every time I get an error message "(line 99, #2)". What does this mean, and how can I successfully download the update? Thanks.:confused:
Post #: 1
- 2/1/2003 5:59:34 AM   
pasternakski

Are you using the TrueUpdate feature included on your CD?

Put my faith in the people
And the people let me down.
So, I turned the other way,
And I carry on anyhow.

(in reply to MojoRisinATL)
Post #: 2
HELP!!! - 2/2/2003 12:49:21 AM   
demonterico

I'm having the same problem, and yes I'm using true update. I've tried to update at least 6 or 7 times in the last two days without success.

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 3
- 2/2/2003 1:01:31 AM   
pasternakski

Shoot. Sorry, guys, I hate not being able to help. Which update are you trying to get? Do you have the v. 2.0 CD or the old v. 1.0?

Spooky has the downloads available on his site, uncommon-valor.chez.tiscali.fr/ Maybe those will work for you. Also, Matrix has an ftp page where all downloads are available. There's a thread under "bug reports and problems" where the ftp address is given. Good luck.

Any of you expert texpert choking smokers out there able to give these gentlemen a hand???

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 4
thanks anyway - 2/2/2003 4:08:29 AM   
demonterico

pasternakski
Thanks for trying to help. I have found the Matrix download site and I have downloaded all the UV patches. Now I'm working on getting them installed. The instructions say; find the icon in the program folder labled "true update", however there is no icon in my folder with that label. I'm going to start from scratch and do a complete new install. Then I'll work from there. Wish me luck, these computer jobs are always a big trial for me.
Thanks again, Dave

The world has never seen a more impressive demonstration of the influence of sea power upon history. Those far distant, storm-beaten ships, upon which the Grand Army never looked, stood between it and the dominion of the world. -- Alfred Thayer Mahan

Post #: 5
- 2/2/2003 5:02:29 AM   
pasternakski

If you have successfully downloaded the patches, you don't need to use TrueUpdate. You should be able to unzip them into your Uncommon Valor folder and they will automatically supersede the previous information where necessary.

It's a b*tch, isn't it? Good luck, and good shooting...

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 6
- 2/2/2003 5:14:39 AM   
demonterico

Okay I got it. I downloaded all the patches from the Matrix download site onto my desktop. Next I uninstalled UV and all its components and reinstalled a fresh new file. I then opened each of the zip files onto my desktop one at a time starting with 2.0, and then did the install before moving on to the next zip file. The install for each patch was easy; Open zip file onto desktop. Double click the patch icon and the install window opens up. Just follow the instructions from there. Now you'll have to excuse me I have some carriers to sink.

Post #: 7
- 2/2/2003 5:28:54 AM   
pasternakski

YEAH!

And I carry on anyhow.

Post #: 8
uv - 2/22/2003 6:08:56 AM   
SUNRAY225DF

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pasternakski
[B]YEAH! [/B][/QUOTE] could y tell us why true update will not work!!
why carnt it be made to work by matrix
:confused:

Post #: 9
Support? - 2/24/2003 7:08:11 PM   
Coleman

Is anyone from Matrix monitoring this thread? This question should get a response from Matrix. I really don't want to download and install all the patches manually. I want the auto updater to work. My problem started when I got a new computer with a win XP operating system. Before that the true updater worked fine (although I'm not sure about the latest patches because I haven't updated in a while).
My point is, it would sure be nice to know that Matrix personnel are actually reading the tech support threads.:confused:

Post #: 10
- 2/24/2003 11:27:43 PM   
demonterico

Coleman,
I'm not sure anyone from Matrix is monitering this thread. It is a support for gamers by gamers system. But what ever the case may be, I found that doing the download was quite simple and easy and doesn't take any longer than Trueupdate did. As far as I know Trueupdate still isn't working, although I haven't checked it lately, so I would encourage you to do the download yourself. Check my earlier reply to this thread for a discription of how I did it if you need more help along that line. One benifit of downloading the patches is you can save them and have them ready to use any time you need them for a reinstall. I burned them onto a CD. Now I'll always have them. If you have any problems let me know and I'll do what I can to help.
Dave

Post #: 11
true update - 2/25/2003 1:01:14 AM   
SUNRAY225DF

[QUOTE]Originally posted by demonterico
[B]Coleman,
I'm not sure anyone from Matrix is monitering this thread. It is a support for gamers by gamers system. But what ever the case may be, I found that doing the download was quite simple and easy and doesn't take any longer than Trueupdate did. As far as I know Trueupdate still isn't working, although I haven't checked it lately, so I would encourage you to do the download yourself. Check my earlier reply to this thread for a discription of how I did it if you need more help along that line. One benifit of downloading the patches is you can save them and have them ready to use any time you need them for a reinstall. I burned them onto a CD. Now I'll always have them. If you have any problems let me know and I'll do what I can to help.
Dave [/B][/QUOTE]
hi dont hold your breath bud, you may have helped, wow for the first time for some time it flippen did work wow metrix great jumping jack flash thank you
and you coleman:D

Post #: 12
- 2/25/2003 2:39:37 AM   
Marc von Martial

- Matrix is monitoring this forum even if it´s "gamers for gamers"
- True Update works fine, however personal security settings, firewalls, busy FTP, overall web performance etc. etc. may give you errors
- Every single patch you download via True Update also gets backuped on your hardisk (PATCHES) folder inside your game directory

Post #: 13
to your last!! - 2/25/2003 4:24:34 AM   
SUNRAY225DF

ok, but it was a long time before a reply to this was given!!
i even sent a email but it was not given a reply.
as for the things you say all that was checked army style sir.
i have time to reply to you sir.
thank you for your time.

Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [General] >> Unofficial Tech Support By Gamers for Gamers >> Uncommon Valor Update??? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI