Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them - 10/26/2014 5:51:28 PM   
Knickers

Say an allied empire asks me to honor a mutual defense pact and declare war on another allied empire, one that only has a free trade agreement. I don't want to go to war, but I want to keep my reputation intact. Can I simply honor the agreement and declare war, then go to the empire that I just declared war on and end the war?
Post #: 1
RE: Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them - 10/26/2014 6:02:06 PM   
Shark7

You can, but the empire you declare war on won't accept the ceasefire immediately. Give it a few game months and they will, especially if your MDP ally is winning the war.

Distant Worlds Fan

'When in doubt...attack!'

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 2
RE: Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them - 10/28/2014 7:01:53 PM   
synpax

No, you can do it immediately. This is one of the bugs in the game that sort of breaks it.

Just select 'negotiate an end to war' and you'll see the monetary value of ending the war. Give them something worth that, or maybe a little more, and they'll end the war immediately.

You can use this to cheat a lot by getting empires to give you money and research in exchange for declaring trade sanctions or war on their enemies, and then immediately lifting those sanctions or ending those wars.

(in reply to Shark7)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Question on Mutual Defense Pacts and Honoring Them Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI