Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy own colony)

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy own colony) Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy own co... - 11/8/2014 11:18:37 AM   
mvp

Hi,

Now two times in my game i get a message stating "We have invaded and taken over planet x". When i go to the planet, i see a bunch of pirate ships there. I have not asked the pirates to take over any system, and i have pirate missions on manual.

It was the same empire both times, first i was at bad standing with them, planning an attack. Second time was after my attack, and they surrendered to me, and became my subjugated empire

Is there any way to get rid of the colony? I have tried setting policy settings to exterminate, but it just leaves behind 10M people.
Post #: 1
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/8/2014 12:11:22 PM   
Bingeling

The pirates will try to control colonies. They gain control by hovering above them, and by having pirate structures there. The AI is not good at protecting against pirates, and minor AI colonies will often have pretty high pirate influence levels.

If you destroy any pirate structures that pop up, and patrol the skies so that no pirate ships are allowed to hang around, pirates will lose their influence, and will probably stop going there as much. If the colony becomes more powerful by some obscure measure (population, defenses, less pirate influence), small pirate forces will stop targeting the colony, and any attack ought to be by a sizeable pirate fleet.

Defend your colonies, bust any pirate bases nearby, and they won't bother you. As long as you bust their nearby bases, they won't have anywhere to attack from, and you will not see pirates in your area.

(in reply to mvp)
Post #: 2
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/8/2014 12:16:12 PM   
mvp

I might not have explained my problem properly.

For some reason i have invaded another empires colony, despite not having send any ships to take over or landed any troops. I want to get rid of those colonies, but i dont know how. I have tried exterminating the population, but it just leaves 10M people behind.

< Message edited by mvp -- 11/8/2014 1:17:00 PM >

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 3
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/8/2014 12:38:14 PM   
Unreal2004

Pirates dont land troops or fight a colony to take it over, all you have to have is a ship in orbit that builds (WITHOUT you telling it, it is automatic) a pirate base there, once it gets a high enough level you automatically take it over. If you do not want a colony do NOT park any military ships by ANY colony.

(in reply to mvp)
Post #: 4
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/8/2014 12:42:18 PM   
mvp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Unreal2004

Pirates dont land troops or fight a colony to take it over, all you have to have is a ship in orbit that builds (WITHOUT you telling it, it is automatic) a pirate base there, once it gets a high enough level you automatically take it over. If you do not want a colony do NOT park any military ships by ANY colony.

I'm not playing as a pirate faction.

I'm playing as an empire. All my ships are on manual control, i have not send any ships or troops to that colony. The second i took control i went to the planet, none of my ships/troop carriers were in orbit. I have no idea why the colony is suddenly mine, but i just want to get rid of it.

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 5
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/8/2014 7:48:30 PM   
Bingeling

Colonies can defect to another empire if unhappy enough.

If you get a message that you invaded, you probably did. Maybe everything is not quite as manual as you believe?

(in reply to mvp)
Post #: 6
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 1:02:31 AM   
mvp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

Colonies can defect to another empire if unhappy enough.

If you get a message that you invaded, you probably did. Maybe everything is not quite as manual as you believe?

Ahh man.. after having gone through all my ships, i found a capital ship with troop modules installed. Must have been an abandoned ship i repaired and forgot to retire.

Thanks! This has been driving me nuts.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 7
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 10:13:33 AM   
Bingeling

I am a bit surprised it did invade. Was it in an automated fleet? Is war and attacks automated? Automated single troop ships don't randomly invade in my games.

(in reply to mvp)
Post #: 8
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 11:12:32 AM   
mvp

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bingeling

I am a bit surprised it did invade. Was it in an automated fleet? Is war and attacks automated? Automated single troop ships don't randomly invade in my games.

No it must have been a capital ship that i repaired and took control over, and then forgot to set to manual. I did not have it in any of my fleets. Also it happened two times and i was not at war the first time. Just at "bad standing".

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 9
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 7:48:48 PM   
rch33z

Well... even though it was unwanted that capital ship seemed to fare quite well on its own, taking over an entire colony in the midst of a pirate fleet by itself and all. Most of the time my automated ships aren't that productive, or have much of a life expectancy.

Being a capital ship though, I just had one pirate capital ship systematically rape my home system of everything floating in space. Not much I could do to stop it as it had already easily decimated 6 of the 10 frigates I had defending there, I managed to get 4 of them out of there in time but lost a fleet admiral because enemy AI beelined for it with hyperdeny and tractor beams immediately after I jumped in. He was a really good fleet admiral too.

About the colony: I think you can lose it by increasing taxes to the max 100% and making happiness as low as possible, eventually they will rebel or something. If not then you can always use it as a prison world or something, if its left neglected enough someone will come along eventually and try to take it.

< Message edited by rch33z -- 11/9/2014 8:52:38 PM >

(in reply to mvp)
Post #: 10
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 9:19:52 PM   
ReadeB

This is a continuing problem. Need a way to abandon terrible colonies.

(in reply to rch33z)
Post #: 11
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/9/2014 9:47:29 PM   
PsyKoSnake

quote:

ORIGINAL: ReadeB

This is a continuing problem. Need a way to abandon terrible colonies.

You roleplay it with the Galaxy Editor. Bomb the crap of the planet remove all population and reduce quality drasticly.

< Message edited by PsyKoSnake -- 11/9/2014 10:48:28 PM >

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 12
RE: We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy ow... - 11/10/2014 4:58:04 AM   
Chet Guiles

Go into the game editor and you can delete items -- one option is to delete colonies. Just click on the undesirable colony and poof, it's gone.

(in reply to ReadeB)
Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> We have invaded and taken over planet x (destroy own colony) Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI