Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ge Inf under equipped

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ge Inf under equipped Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ge Inf under equipped - 3/29/2001 4:21:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. In version 4.5 the German infantry is equipped with ONLY 9 grenades. One for each man in the squad. If they don't have any AT-weapon (panzerwurmines, At-mines, explosive charges, molotovs, improvised AT-Weapons) until the Panzerfaust is available... ...Why ONLY one man/grenade?

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio
Post #: 1
- 3/29/2001 5:24:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by Mikimoto: Hello. In version 4.5 the German infantry is equipped with ONLY 9 grenades. One for each man in the squad. If they don't have any AT-weapon (panzerwurmines, At-mines, explosive charges, molotovs, improvised AT-Weapons) until the Panzerfaust is available... ...Why ONLY one man/grenade?
How many do you want them to carry? I am still using ver 4.3b and they will positively bombard my tanks with those rifle grenades. If anything the ammo allocation might be on the high side. I recall seeing someone post that each shot by an infantry unit might represent as many as 5 rounds of real ammo. The British Tommie carrying an Enfield carried 60 rds on his belt and 50 rds in each bandolier. I have tried simulating carrying a full battle load and the last thing I would want would be more weight added on. In a German squad more troops would be carrying extra ammo and barrels for the mg34/42 than grenades, the load of ammo for an 42 to fight a full battle would be several hundred pounds of ammo plus the weight of 3 or more spare barrels. Just be glad they didn't add the squad setup with 2 mg42's per squad to the game. thanks, John.

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 2
- 3/31/2001 1:26:00 AM   
Mikimoto

I'm sorry John, it's only an answer. I must supose it simulates (grenade launchers and han grenades) all the AT stuff that german infantry used until panzerfaust were disponible.

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 3
- 3/31/2001 1:43:00 AM   
Marder_MatrixForum

Perhaps there should be a random option for the third weapon in a german inf sqd: one will have some at-mines, some rifle grenades, some satchel charges,... marder

"klotzen nicht kleckern"
(H.Guderian)

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 4
- 3/31/2001 2:05:00 AM   
chaos45

Im working on a changed German OOB for 1943 right now if anyone wants it. It will include various types of squads, and German AT teams. If you want I can email it to you. My email is lord_chaos45@hotmail.com just email me and ask for the OOB and Ill send it to you. It wouldnt be much use in leagues but for private use it could be useful. I had to eliminate some german units like the calvary and ski troops to make room, but thats not that big a loss.

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 5
- 3/31/2001 2:13:00 AM   
john g

quote:

Originally posted by chaos45: Im working on a changed German OOB for 1943 right now if anyone wants it. It will include various types of squads, and German AT teams. If you want I can email it to you. My email is lord_chaos45@hotmail.com just email me and ask for the OOB and Ill send it to you. It wouldnt be much use in leagues but for private use it could be useful. I had to eliminate some german units like the calvary and ski troops to make room, but thats not that big a loss.
I guess you don't play with cav or ski troops enough to know how great that extra mobility is? I'll live without the added choices of inf-at troops to have the rapid response teams that cav, ski and bicycle troops allow. thanks, John.

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 6
- 3/31/2001 3:25:00 AM   
chaos45

Yes Calvary and ski add some mobility, but apart from in Finland im not sure they were used much esp in 1943. The man reason Im redoing the OOB is for Italy 43 type settings, and Russian front settings. I understand calvary and ski were used in russia, but in limited quantities.

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 7
- 3/31/2001 4:59:00 AM   
K_Tiger

Ey... dont delete the skitroops...i like it to play with them in the desert.. :p They r unstopable..if they comes "downhill" from the dunes..

(in reply to Mikimoto)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Ge Inf under equipped Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI