Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

1.0 gameplay comments

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> 1.0 gameplay comments Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1.0 gameplay comments - 11/11/2014 2:27:31 PM   
shaunchattey

1) Technology takes too long to research
2) Training takes too long
3) Not enough(any) access to high skills without training(for a higher wage maybe?)
*I will add to this as I think of more

Basically I think the game needs to be more intense. Raise the cost of things, crew, researchers, but double or triple their effectiveness. It just takes too long in my experience(of 1.0 and previous versions) and it's still way too slow.

Other than these comments, love it.

< Message edited by deadmeat1471 -- 11/11/2014 3:29:09 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: 1.0 gameplay comments - 11/11/2014 4:23:24 PM   
terje439

Really? I do not agree tbh. It does however require you to plan ahead (example, I always have four researchers that I start training for human rated rockets as soon as I have expanded the R&D centre).

"Hun skal torpederes!" - Birger Eriksen

("She is to be torpedoed!")

(in reply to shaunchattey)
Post #: 2
RE: 1.0 gameplay comments - 11/11/2014 5:14:35 PM   
shaunchattey

quote:

ORIGINAL: terje439

Really? I do not agree tbh. It does however require you to plan ahead (example, I always have four researchers that I start training for human rated rockets as soon as I have expanded the R&D centre).

I think you could be right, maybe I just didn't 'do enough things at once' to really have enough time. I lost my first game as 'Murca. I'm going to try one as soviets and 'try harder'.
Will report back.

What kind of strategy did you use? In the american one i spent really up until '64 mainly training people to be ready, I got the first satellite up, first manned, first two manned, but then I screwed my budget up from lack of progress and didnt get to the moon.

I've found it INCREDIBLY inefficient to use unskilled people in researching so I really focused on training them.

< Message edited by deadmeat1471 -- 11/11/2014 6:16:45 PM >

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 3
RE: 1.0 gameplay comments - 11/12/2014 2:19:05 PM   
terje439

For the USA;
1. Assign 4 scientists to the space plane to get that done as quickly as possible
2. Assign the last scientist to the first satelite
3. Build/expand all buildings except the control centre (?) (the one that allows you to have more open programs at once)

4. As soon as the various buildings are done, hire all the people you can, and get them training, the exception is the scientist, who you need to start researching as soon as they are available (for now).
5. Open a rocket program capable of getting a space probe to the moon.
6. Expand mission control once more so you can hire more ground crew (who are ofc also to be trained).

At this time you need to take a look at your expenses. You SHOULD actually be slighly in the red, losing money each turn.
If you can afford it (do the math, "money I have - (seasonal expenses x seasons remaining) - (cost to launch all space plane missions and two satelite missions") - 2500$ (a small life saving ammount to avoid you going banrupt) ), expand R&D and hire scientist.

As soon as you have four unassigned scientists, set them to train at human rated rockets. Set them on continious training untill the get to 80+ %, at that time use singular training missions for human rated rockets.

Before the first budget review, you should have completed all space plane missions, the normal satelite mission, the extended satelite mission. If you have the chance, try to get either a second satelite or a lunar probe as well.

After the first budget review, expand the vehicle assembly twice, expand R%D once more, hire scientist. Get lunar probes opened up, one man capsules, open a human rated rocket (I tend to simply go for the biggest one as that can be used for all missions). If you complete the one man capsule, open a two man capsule.

Another hint, in my oppinion, the Appolo is actually the hardest way to go for the USA.

Terje

Post #: 4
RE: 1.0 gameplay comments - 11/12/2014 2:44:32 PM   
shaunchattey

Pretty much identical to what I already do, I'll put more focus on completing missions early for added budget, I think thats where I've been falling down.

(in reply to terje439)
Post #: 5
RE: 1.0 gameplay comments - 11/12/2014 2:50:34 PM   
terje439

quote:

ORIGINAL: deadmeat1471

Pretty much identical to what I already do, I'll put more focus on completing missions early for added budget, I think thats where I've been falling down.

IMO with all space plane and both satelite missions, you are allready close to the max budget (slightly below), but it gives enough for the following budget season as I see it.

Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Modern] >> Buzz Aldrin's Space Program Manager >> 1.0 gameplay comments Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI