Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Security div corps HQ

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Security div corps HQ Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Security div corps HQ - 11/26/2014 9:11:03 PM   
GreenGoblin1898

Hi. I'm playing the Road to Leningrad scenario. At the start you (axis) get two security divisions, which can be broken up into regiments to use as garrisons. I'm wondering, what am I supposed to do with the single HQ unit which comes with the divisions? Obviously, the security regiments are going to be spread out all over the map, so most will be out of range surely?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/26/2014 9:52:56 PM   
Disgruntled Veteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreenGoblin1898

Hi. I'm playing the Road to Leningrad scenario. At the start you (axis) get two security divisions, which can be broken up into regiments to use as garrisons. I'm wondering, what am I supposed to do with the single HQ unit which comes with the divisions? Obviously, the security regiments are going to be spread out all over the map, so most will be out of range surely?

Thanks.

They don't need to be in range really. Most people eventually disband the RHG HQ's as they are near worthless.

(in reply to GreenGoblin1898)
Post #: 2
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/26/2014 10:29:08 PM   
Peltonx

quote:

ORIGINAL: Disgruntled Veteran

quote:

ORIGINAL: GreenGoblin1898

Thanks.

They don't need to be in range really. Most people eventually disband the RHG HQ's as they are near worthless.

Don't disband anything until after 41/42 winter.

Beta Tester WitW & WitE

(in reply to Disgruntled Veteran)
Post #: 3
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/27/2014 4:45:06 AM   
morvael

Range to first HQ doesn't affect leader rolls. Only supply is affected. These days you can attach cavalry and independent brigades and regiments to RHG. Maybe they can be put to some use like digging?

(in reply to Peltonx)
Post #: 4
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/27/2014 1:03:43 PM   
cmunson

quote:

These days you can attach cavalry and independent brigades and regiments to RHG.

Moravel, that was a great new feature. Thanks for adding. Slightly off topic but was there ever any consideration of adding some garrison benefit from large HQ's? They have so many men most of whom were armed in at least some way. Seems like 20k men ought to have more than zero garrison capacity.

Chris

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 5
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/27/2014 1:11:34 PM   
morvael

Wouldn't that be a big gamey to police big cities with O.K.H. and the army groups HQs? They are assumed to work on command & logistics at that time.

(in reply to cmunson)
Post #: 6
RE: Security div corps HQ - 11/27/2014 3:59:28 PM   
cmunson

quote:

Wouldn't that be a big gamey...

Somehow I knew you would say that but you can't blame a gamer for trying. Even if it only counted for 10 men though that would at least show a city as partially garrisoned. I agree, HQ's aren't focused on security matters. Small matter in any case. Love the changes you did in the new version.

Chris

(in reply to morvael)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Security div corps HQ Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI