Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!! - 2/28/2003 11:14:26 AM   
Iron Cross

Fellow SPWAW Fanatics!!!!

My name is Iron Cross (aka LtCol David Davenport USMC) and I need a serious favor from one kind SPWAW player. I was called up 6 weeks ago and am now deployed to support Operation Enduring Freedom in Tampa, FL. I thought ahead enough before I left my home to put SPWAW 7.1 on a CD to take with me. When I got to Tampa, I found that the zip file of 7.1 that I had brought with me was corrupt!!!! My internet connection here is absolutely pathetic (1.7K) and even GetRight has not helped. I would gladly pay for someone to burn a couple of cd's with SPWAW 7.1 unzipped on them so that I can play again!!!! I appreciate it more than I can say!!! 6 weeks without SPWAW is more than I can stand!!!! My address is below with my e-mail - thanks!

LtCol David A. Davenport
1805 North Westshore Blvd #142
Tampa, FL. 33607

[email]usmc0202@hotmail.com[/email]

Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)
Post #: 1
- 2/28/2003 11:17:21 AM   
Goblin

I'm on it! I will include H2H also. I will email you with my name and address so you know the return address to watch for. Go ahead and delete your address, I have it.

Goblin

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 2
- 2/28/2003 11:22:02 AM   
VikingNo2

Sir, would you like H2H as well?

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 3
Goblin and Viking#2... - 2/28/2003 11:28:35 AM   
Orzel Bialy

you guys are top rate for assisting a member of our Armed Forces so quickly and so willingly. :) I really mean that!

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 4
- 2/28/2003 11:37:02 AM   
Goblin

Thanks Orzel, but I think it just makes us 'one of the guys' here at these forums. If it wasn't one of us doing it, it would be any one of a hundred or more others. It's burned, with H2H as well. I will send it out tomorrow or Monday.

Goblin;)

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 5
Yeah...I know - 2/28/2003 11:44:13 AM   
Orzel Bialy

that our community would not have failed him...and that offers would have poured in from across the board...but I still think that good deeds should be noted and praised. ;)

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 6
- 2/28/2003 11:56:01 AM   
Goblin

Iron Cross,

It will be mailed out tomorrow. It looks like the burning went ok, and the files look like the right size.

Goblin

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 7
Re: Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!! - 2/28/2003 12:08:00 PM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Iron Cross
[B]

LtCol David A. Davenport
1805 North Westshore Blvd #142
Tampa, FL. 33607

[email]usmc0202@hotmail.com[/email] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hell, Gmenfan could have [I]walked[/I] a copy over! :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 8
- 2/28/2003 1:14:14 PM   
Goblin

Lol! Yeah, but he doesn't exactly have alot of free time either! We'll let the Postal Service earn their pay, lol.

Goblin

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 9
Holy Cow - You Guys Are Awesome!!!!!! - 2/28/2003 1:27:15 PM   
Iron Cross

To All (especially Goblin),

You guys are AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks so much for the help, I was out of options here. It is bad enough to be away from my family for up to two years, but without SPWAW to occupy the time, it would be intolerable!!!!! The guys that play SPWAW are the best!!! Thank Again!!!!

Iron Cross
aka LtCol Davenport
on General Frank's Staff - Tampa :D

Col David A. Davenport (USMCR)
MSSI - 0202/0210
JFCOM - JTC (Intel/Counter-Intel)

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 10
- 2/28/2003 2:43:36 PM   
Goblin

I just read your profile. Do you play Half Life? I don't, but there is a free mod for it called Day of Defeat (and CS, and ToD, and Natural Selection, etc...). It is a WW2 mod, and I do play that. If you do play it, let me know, I will give you my Clan server IP number to drop by when you have time.

Goblin

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 11
Well Yes - 3/1/2003 1:01:43 AM   
Hawk

Goblin does play DoD......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But how good is another story.....:p :p :p If you call camping on a flag and waiting for someone to come by and get shot....:eek: :eek: :eek: He's your man!!!!:p :p :p

=A82A=Hawk[Maj]|LP|
"All we knew was.....We were in this TOGETHER" ......Band of Brothers

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 12
- 3/1/2003 1:46:15 AM   
Supervisor

A little long for a walk (six hour drive by car) but if had more notice I might of been able to put it on Military airlift headed to Macdill AFB. But then by the time it got routed through Georgia, New Jersey, Maine, Azores, England, Germany, Turkey, Korea, Japan, Alaska, Texas, Alabama and Florida (Macdill AFB) Combat Leader would have been released and he would have been retired.:D :p :)
You guys are so great, it brings tears to my eyes.....................no wait thats hemorrhoids. :p

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 13
Re: Well Yes - 3/1/2003 3:39:01 AM   
Goblin

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Hawk
[B]Goblin does play DoD......:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: But how good is another story.....:p :p :p If you call camping on a flag and waiting for someone to come by and get shot....:eek: :eek: :eek: He's your man!!!![/B][/QUOTE]

I prefer the term 'defending' to camping. It is all in your point of view, Hawk.... Those that get shot by me say 'camper', and those that are on my team say 'lookit Meat defend that ground!!'. See?:p :D

PS- Iron Cross, Hawk is one of those Bozos that get killed by me fairly often in DoD, lol. Despite his less than friendly demeanor, he's a good egg...

Goblin;)

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 14
- 3/1/2003 7:05:00 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]A little long for a walk (six hour drive by car) but if had more notice I might of been able to put it on Military airlift headed to Macdill AFB. But then by the time it got routed through Georgia, New Jersey, Maine, Azores, England, Germany, Turkey, Korea, Japan, Alaska, Texas, Alabama and Florida (Macdill AFB) Combat Leader would have been released and he would have been retired.:D :p :)
You guys are so great, it brings tears to my eyes.....................no wait thats hemorrhoids. :p [/B][/QUOTE]

I was thinking of Elgin [I]was[/I] MacDill...good thing I don't work for the postal service! :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 15
- 3/1/2003 7:10:54 AM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Goblin
[B]Lol! Yeah, but he doesn't exactly have alot of free time either! We'll let the Postal Service earn their pay, lol.

Goblin [/B][/QUOTE]

Better watch what you say: they're also a 'uniformed service'...and better armed. :eek: :D

Jim NSB

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 16
- 3/1/2003 7:48:01 AM   
Goblin

:eek: :D :eek:

Goblin

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 17
- 3/1/2003 9:42:51 AM   
Supervisor

No Jim, Egiln is in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area. West end of the panhandle.

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 18
- 3/1/2003 7:54:08 PM   
tracer

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gmenfan
[B]No Jim, Egiln is in the Fort Walton Beach/Destin area. West end of the panhandle. [/B][/QUOTE]

I know...another goof-up like that and they'll take away my resident status! :D Three abbreviations only a true Floridian knows: FWB=Fort Walton Beach, NSB=New Smyrna Beach and WPB=West Palm Beach.

When trying to explain how 'long' Florida is, most folks don't believe me when I tell em that the western-most counties are in the Central time zone.

Jim NSB

(in reply to Iron Cross)
Post #: 19
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Mayday For A Marine!!!!!!! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI