Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Hardest linked campaigns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Hardest linked campaigns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/30/2014 1:43:03 AM   
Nox0s

I'm playing the grossdeutschland one from EF right now, and 6 battles in I'm enjoying myself but it's not particularly challenging (yet -- the losses are starting to pile up so that might show later on). With so much content in this compilation, which are the most interesting and/or challenging linked campaigns?

Thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/30/2014 3:26:08 AM   
Jason Petho

West Front Sealion LCG.

Can you make it to London?

Jason Petho

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 2
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/30/2014 3:16:23 PM   
lparkh

The very original version of Typhoon (1941 moscow germans, forget its name) was very challenging but i believe was was eased in later releases. However it starts easy so don't be fooled, wait till mud arrives and then snow ;) Arnhem many folks have found challenging. Interesting is the desert recon one.
The kursk one i suspect is very very hard ;)

< Message edited by lparkh -- 8/30/2014 4:17:38 PM >

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 3
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/30/2014 3:53:39 PM   
scottintacoma

Rising Sun. Operation Shoestring!!!

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 4
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/31/2014 7:39:44 AM   
Nox0s

Ok thanks guys. Speaking of campaigns, does anyone know how to start a new one without deleting the old? I can't figure out how to rename the campaign file, so it just keeps overwriting the old one if I try to start a new campaign. I can't seem to find where the game stores these files either.

(in reply to scottintacoma)
Post #: 5
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/31/2014 10:14:30 AM   
Big Ivan

Hi NoxNoctum,

This seems to work for me,

ccl's(linked campaigns) are stored under a ccl file. Start your linked campaign and save it. Go into your scenario editor and on the entry line type *.ccl.

This will bring up your saved ccl files. Right Click your last file usually marked campaign.ccl and rename it to something like campaign01.ccl or whatever you like.

When you go back to the campaign screen you will now see a ccl file marked campaign01.ccl or whatever you named it.
At this point you can start another linked campaign and your computer will save it as campaign.ccl. You can then rename that one if you want to start a third.

DCG (Dynamic campaign's) are saved under the character name I believe.

Cheers!
Big Ivan

< Message edited by Big Ivan -- 11/30/2014 12:08:00 AM >

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 6
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 8/31/2014 5:49:41 PM   
James Ward

quote:

ORIGINAL: NoxNoctum

Ok thanks guys. Speaking of campaigns, does anyone know how to start a new one without deleting the old? I can't figure out how to rename the campaign file, so it just keeps overwriting the old one if I try to start a new campaign. I can't seem to find where the game stores these files either.

On my campaign screen it shows all the different leaders of my campaigns in a box on the right. I just highlight the one I want to play and it loads that campaign.

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 7
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 11/29/2014 10:02:03 PM   
rpwood

WF Queen's Own Rifles Canada. I'm on my third try on the Juno Beach Landing. Careless and lost a lot points to mines. Second try was lousy mission planning and not planning my clearing plan. Latest try started better but forces got backed up on the beach.

This campaign is forcing me to study the battle space and use solid tactics. Frustrating but fun!

(in reply to Nox0s)
Post #: 8
RE: Hardest linked campaigns? - 12/5/2014 1:14:33 PM   
ThomasBear

The original Moscow one seemed easy enough at first. But your replacements never seem to keep up with your losses.

(in reply to rpwood)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Hardest linked campaigns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI