Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Ship control

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ship control Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Ship control - 2/28/2003 6:44:04 PM   
McGib

I just got the game and I admit I have alot to learn but one thing is confusing me.
I started playing the Coral Sea scenario after trying the tutorial several times, and something odd keeps happening. It seems at the start of each turn some of my ships and submarines want to return Nomea(sp?) No matter what movement I choose for my tf's next turn there target hex is Nomea. And yes I've set all my ships and subs to human control. Anyone have any ideas?

Ready Aye Ready
Post #: 1
- 2/28/2003 6:56:29 PM   
Chijohnaok2

If you wish your surface fleet or submarines to remain on station select "Do not retire" on the "Patrol/Do not retire" selector. Your ships will then remain on station in the hex you designated as the TF Destination hex.

Be careful though not to forget your fleet/ship in that hex though, otherwise it will not head back towards the Home Base when it starts running low on fuel. Your ships may run out of fuel and have to crawl back to base at a 1 hex per turn rate (unless you send a replenishment ship to refuel them).

John

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 2
- 2/28/2003 7:08:31 PM   
McGib

Thanks for the quick reply chijohnaok

Ready Aye Ready

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 3
- 2/28/2003 10:55:57 PM   
Mr.Frag

Read the table in the manual for Naval missions, it is quite good at seeing the impacts of the various settings based on mission types. Section 8.5 ... if you read nothing else, at least look these over as they are absolutely key to understand. :D

(in reply to McGib)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Uncommon Valor - Campaign for the South Pacific >> Ship control Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI