Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

We're Ready...Are You? Mega Campaign...worth having!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> We're Ready...Are You? Mega Campaign...worth having! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
We're Ready...Are You? Mega Campaign...worth having! - 3/30/2001 8:46:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Okay, we've kept our word to you. We have spent a long time developing our first offering on a cash basis. It is the Mega Campaign, North Africa. We are ready. The campaign will be going out before you know it. You said you supported us, you were ready to stand by us. Okay, stand by us now. You won't be disappointed. If you like SPWAW, you will love this campaign. It is not my work. I played a role where many others did too. Rick Cloutier, Louie Marsh, and a veritable host of designers and testers pitched in generously. This is quite a package. You don't want to miss it. And we need to know you are there, and you want Matrix to succeed. This is your chance. You can order it now, at the orders page of Matrix. The line is forming. Get your order in now. Check out those fine t-shirts too! You know, $20 for a complete 5.0 version without downloading as a gift, plus nearly 190 scenarios, and 13 campaigns, plus Mega Campaign..now where in the gaming world are you going to get a bargain like that? Where? http://www.matrixgames.com/orderonline.asp Oh, and look for the page tonight or tomorrow detailing what Mega Campaign is all about. David is putting it up any minute now. Standing by...Wild Bill

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant
Post #: 1
- 3/30/2001 9:04:00 AM   
parusski

As I once told you, I was willing to give you money. I NO LONGER use credit cards. I understood the ordering site to say I could order with payment through my bank account rather than mailing the payment. I tried to place order, but nothing happend and the option to pay through my checking account dissappeared at check out. What's up, I really need a fix and this mega campaign is it. see ya, dave

"I hate newspapermen. They come into camp and pick up their camp rumors and print them as facts. I regard them as spies, which, in truth, they are. If I killed them all there would be news from Hell before breakfast."- W.T. Sherman

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 2
- 3/30/2001 9:08:00 AM   
Wild Bill

David Heath is working very hard at getting our on-line store running properly. I'm sorry this happened to you Dave. David will read this I am sure. But you can always write him and let him know. Believe me, we want you to have it. davidh@matrixgames.com Thanks for letting us know...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 3
- 3/30/2001 2:35:00 PM   
Secapra

Would love to get on board but the ordering system doesn't want to know.Please fix this so that we can show our support as you request.

Secapra

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 4
- 3/30/2001 3:01:00 PM   
Yogi Yohan

I'm buying ASAP, when you get your online store in working shape that is. As is, I can't even get past the shipping information screen... :(

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 5
- 3/30/2001 10:08:00 PM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Wild Bill: You know, $20 for a complete 5.0 version without downloading as a gift, plus nearly 190 scenarios, and 13 campaigns, plus Mega Campaign..now where in the gaming world are you going to get a bargain like that? Where?
How about cutting down some salesman words here? Aren't we all brothers in this wargaming community?...no need to over-glorify here, like they do in Motor-Up commercials :) Other thing, would it be possible to download SPWAW 5.0 WITHOUT scenarios, since it feels like wasting my time downloading all that stuff because I delete all those scenarios anyway right after I have installed the game... Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 6
- 3/30/2001 11:10:00 PM   
Joe

Hi, I will order instantly when you can deliver THE game without me paying 52$ for postal. I find this very unreasonable. Since the total sum would be 82$ I would have to pay customs also and that would take the price to 102$. :( I will gladly pay around 10$ for postal. :D Joe ps. I will probably order the t-shirt too. :D

- Joe

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 7
- 3/31/2001 12:05:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

quote:

Originally posted by Colonel von Blitz: How about cutting down some salesman words here? Aren't we all brothers in this wargaming community?...no need to over-glorify here, like they do in Motor-Up commercials :) Other thing, would it be possible to download SPWAW 5.0 WITHOUT scenarios, since it feels like wasting my time downloading all that stuff because I delete all those scenarios anyway right after I have installed the game... Colonel von Blitz
Just a friendly comment Colonel, based upon the number of posts you have, you are obviously new to this forum. Please understand the effort by many that went into developing SPWaW. And, more importantly, please realize that the Matrix gang deserves support and have the right to promote their extaordinary efforts. Their efforts, support, and willingness to help those of us who enjoy this hobby is unmatched by any in the industry. Thanks

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 8
- 3/31/2001 12:13:00 AM   
Fabs

It's just too much of a thankless task trying to obtain this at the moment, guys. I have made 15 tries in the last three days to order one Megacampaign and FIVE extra-large T shirts. I fill in my shipping details and end up getting an error message. :mad: If I were you, I would shut the online shop until you can get it working properly. Not every potential customer is a die-hard supporter, and you could be damaging your future prospects with these annoying gremlins. The shipping for International customers is another potential business inhibitor. Not a problem for me personally, as I can get around it in a number of ways, but not everyone can. I've said it before, I'm dying to give you guys some of my money, even lots of it, but please, make it easy. ;)

Fabs

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 9
- 3/31/2001 12:38:00 AM   
Coachace

2 more cents. When word went out that orders were being taken I jumped in line and purchased SPWAWMC w/o problems! I even oredered and downloaded FireFight. I'm not gloating here, I just wanted other readers to know it IS possible to get your orders in. Also, keep in mind where thses guys are coming from. All we know about Matrix is the great website, the long list of gnarly games they're working on and a history of giving away an awsome game. I've seen better online transactions, but I'm in for the long run on these guys. Give them time to work out the kinks. Trust me, they want our money.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 10
- 3/31/2001 1:09:00 AM   
Colonel von Blitz

quote:

Originally posted by Panzer Captain: Just a friendly comment Colonel, based upon the number of posts you have, you are obviously new to this forum. Please understand the effort by many that went into developing SPWaW. And, more importantly, please realize that the Matrix gang deserves support and have the right to promote their extaordinary efforts. Their efforts, support, and willingness to help those of us who enjoy this hobby is unmatched by any in the industry.
Mmm, I think I was misunderstood here. I'm not trying to say that guys at Matrix haven't done incredible job with SPWAW. I hope you noticed that little smiley in my post :)...I was just trying to say that there is no need to sell new version of SPWAW like selling Motor-Up ;) No offence intended! Colonel von Blitz

--Light travels faster than sound, that's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak--

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 11
- 3/31/2001 1:42:00 AM   
Wild Bill

True, SPWAW is not new, Colonel. And we are not selling it. We can't. We are offering as a free gift for buying the Mega campaign. We are also offering the revision of nearly 190 scenarios (about 20-25 of them new) and 13 campaigns. And the Mega Campaign, which is NEW, using SPWAW as the basis for its construction. No, we are not selling SPWAW, but we are selling the Mega Campaign And even so, to have the completely updated game on a Cd with no downloading, just install and go...that is a pretty good deal. I know you meant no insult and none was taken here. I just want to clarify what the deal is for you and others. I know a lot of you are frustrated trying to spend your money. Think of how frustrated we are when we are trying to get it :mad: ! David hs been working day and night to get this thing right. And we will. You know we will. You've been patient so far. Please in kindness give us a little more. We are really trying guys. No rip-offs here, just hard work and trying to get it right. And thanks for voicing your support here. It means so much! Wild Bill :D

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 12
- 3/31/2001 5:53:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

Thanks for the clarification Colonel. I really wasnt offended by what you said, i only see no harm in Matrix "selling" or promoting their product......they deserve to. Panzer Captain :)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 13
- 3/31/2001 6:05:00 AM   
Panzer Capta

"No rip-offs here, just hard working trying to get it right." No truer words spoken (typed) WB!!!!!!!!! Cant wait for the first Eastern Front Mega-Campaign too! Panzer Captain

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 14
- 3/31/2001 8:39:00 AM   
Nikademus

Reporting for duty....SIR This time i promise to check for mines before driving my expensive Pz-III forward honest :rolleyes:

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 15
- 3/31/2001 8:53:00 AM   
Latka

Order placed. Confirmation e-mail received. Cleaning the packing grease off of my 88s now :) Time to slug it out in North Africa again! I'm glad I could send some money your way, folks. Looking forward to Matrix being around for a while, 'cause Combat Leader (along with the continuing development of SPW@W) looks great! -Andy

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 16
- 3/31/2001 9:00:00 AM   
Drex

I printed out the invoice and now I just have to mail it in with my check. right? Sounds simple to me.

quote:

Col Saito: "Don't speak to me of rules! This is war! It is not a game of cricket!"

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 17
- 4/1/2001 1:15:00 AM   
rich12545

Well, you have my money and I have my receipt. Now I am anxiously awaiting my disc. If there is a vote on the next mega-campaign, mine goes to a marine unit in the pacific starting with Guadalcanal.

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 18
- 4/1/2001 3:59:00 AM   
Wild Bill

Make that two votes, Rich...WB :D

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 19
- 4/1/2001 4:19:00 AM   
mogami

Hi, I am working on a USMC campaign (because I knew Wild Bill liked it) You have to have ver 5.0 if you are interested send me an e-mail for the first battle...(where else) Wake Island, atoll with three islets (Wake, Wilkes, and Peale), 3 sq mi (7.8 sq km), central Pacific, between Hawaii and Guam. It is a U.S. commercial and military base under the jurisdiction of the Federal Aviation Agency. There is no indigenous population. Wake Island was discovered by the Spanish in 1568, visited by the British in 1796 and named after Capt. William Wake, and annexed by the United States in 1898. The island became (1935) a commercial air base on the route to Asia and later served as a U.S. military base. In Dec., 1941, Wake Island was seized by the Japanese. U.S. forces bombed the island from 1942 until Japan's surrender in 1945. (it fits nicely into the large SPWAW map)

I'm not retreating, I'm attacking in a different direction!

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 20
- 4/1/2001 4:20:00 AM   
nchip

I don't post many replies or comments on the message board, mostly just read and learn from the many knowledgable gamers that do post. I just want to express my appreciation to matrix and especially WB for all the hours they put in to produce a top quality product that we can all enjoy for free (ver 5.0) and next to nothing (mega camp). Thank you and keep up the great work. WB I give you a special thanks because I've been a WB fan since SP1 and have gotten many hours of enjoyment from your numerous extra scenarios and campaigns. Anything you guys put out, I'll buy. :)

(in reply to Wild Bill)
Post #: 21
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> We're Ready...Are You? Mega Campaign...worth having! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI