Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

display toggle buttons

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> display toggle buttons Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 5:43:26 PM   
Ormbane

I don't seem to have much luck using some of the toggle buttons for selecting various displays. For example, I push a button that is supposed to show railroad damage but most of the time it doesn't do anything. Right now I am slowly watching the air execution phase because much to my surprise I am seeing every single sortie in detail although I did noting to select this (I just loaded the game from the last save). Is everyone experiencing curious behavior with the display toggles or is the game just picking on me?
Post #: 1
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 5:51:14 PM   
dereck

I'm having the same problem.

Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't and I can't remember what I did when it DID work.

PO2 US Navy (1980-1986);
USS Midway CV-41 (1981-1984)
Whidbey Island, WA (1984-1986)
Naval Reserve (1986-1992)

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 2
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 6:20:17 PM   
Erik Rutins

I am not seeing this - can you provide a bit more detail?

If combat resolution is slow, use one of the number keys to speed it up or slow it down. Pressing 0 while it's running will give the fastest resolution with pretty much zero info, 1 is a bit more, 2-3 is what I often use and 4+ gives you much more detail.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 3
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 7:15:11 PM   
Ormbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

I am not seeing this - can you provide a bit more detail?

If combat resolution is slow, use one of the number keys to speed it up or slow it down. Pressing 0 while it's running will give the fastest resolution with pretty much zero info, 1 is a bit more, 2-3 is what I often use and 4+ gives you much more detail.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik, one of these is very easy to reproduce for me. From the screen where I am able to move my units and engage the enemy (top banner says MOVE GS-on) there is a button that I can push which once in a while shows damaged rails. On the few occasions where it does work it will show a section of rail with a black section of tracks and a red circle superimposed on the black section of tracks. Working rail areas are shown in green, etc.

On my last load of the game the air execution phase showed every single sortie in detail. This took over an hour. At that rate the game is unplayable for me and I don't know of anything I did to cause it. I simply loaded the game from a save and executed the air directives. On a more recent load I did not see this detail (fortunately).

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 8:00:43 PM   
jhdeerslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: dereck

I'm having the same problem.

Sometimes it works but mostly it doesn't and I can't remember what I did when it DID work.

I saw the same thing with RR's but need to see again what mode I was in when it was not responsive to being clicked.

(in reply to dereck)
Post #: 5
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 8:20:29 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi Ormbane,

Thanks for the additional info. It sounds like you simply set the combat resolution detail very high. This is an in-game setting and you can change it on the fly. For fastest speed and least info, hit the 0 key. Each higher number adds more info but also takes longer.

The RR damage button works for me here - there is a slight delay after clicking it, perhaps 1-2 seconds before it shows the status of the rail net but it works fine for me.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 6
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 8:22:08 PM   
RobearGWJ

Pretty sure you have to deselect any units in Ground Movement mode to see the railroad repair status.

(in reply to jhdeerslayer)
Post #: 7
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 8:53:10 PM   
cmunson

Yes, RobearGWJ is correct, deselect any ground units first. This is the same in WitE.

Chris

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 8
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 10:04:00 PM   
jhdeerslayer

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobearGWJ

Pretty sure you have to deselect any units in Ground Movement mode to see the railroad repair status.

Yep roger that.

(in reply to RobearGWJ)
Post #: 9
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 10:14:11 PM   
Ormbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Erik Rutins

Hi Ormbane,

Thanks for the additional info. It sounds like you simply set the combat resolution detail very high. This is an in-game setting and you can change it on the fly. For fastest speed and least info, hit the 0 key. Each higher number adds more info but also takes longer.

The RR damage button works for me here - there is a slight delay after clicking it, perhaps 1-2 seconds before it shows the status of the rail net but it works fine for me.

Regards,

- Erik

Some of the other posters appear to have explained the railroad damage button, but as far as the combat resolution I'm still unsure as to what happened. I reloaded the save file that gave me the problem, executed the air directive, and saw the same slow detailed air combat information. I definitely did not push any other buttons. It seems there was something in the save file that made the game give me the full air combat details, but as you indicated pushing the 0 key resolved the problem. By the way, using the numeric keypad didn't seem to affect the amount of detail displayed.

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 10
RE: display toggle buttons - 12/7/2014 11:40:47 PM   
Joel Billings

There are two things that control what you see in the air resolution. The numbers will determine if you see a battle window when there is combat, and the detail of the text being displayed during the combat. A 0 or 1 will, IIRC now open a combat window. The second item is the Air Execution Phase Detail level, which can be set to None, Low, Medium or High. It defaults to Low. If you have None or Low set, and message details of 0 or 1, the air phase should go fairly quickly. The Air Phase Detail level is controlled by a button that is next to the AI Move/Manage Air Units/Bases buttons (it shows 1-4 highlighted aircraft to indicate the detail level. This button can be pressed during the execution phase, although there may be a slight delay in the interface recognizing the click.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Ormbane)
Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> display toggle buttons Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI