Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Are you having Campaign Problems?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/8/2014 10:36:56 PM   
alpha1

Hi All;

I have a question that's probably been answered multiple times but here goes anyways......bear in mind that I'm running XP SP3 and version 2.02. Is there a way to rename saved campaign files so that I can play more than one LCG at a time? It used to be that you could give each LCG a name before starting the campaign but I see that has changed.

Also, another thing. In East Front, the map generator for DCG's always generates roads.....tons of roads. One of the problems the Germans had during their East Front campaigns, etc. was the lack of 'paved' roads. Usually there were no roads at all, or at the very most the odd unpaved road. Is there any way to alter how the map generator makes these maps? Fewer roads?

Any help here would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers;

(in reply to Tidavis)
Post #: 121
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/9/2014 1:26:37 AM   
Jason Petho

You can find the answer for your second question in the Creating and Modifying a DCG.pdf in your manuals folder.

The first part of your question is yes, you should be able to edit the name in Windows Explorer.

Just make sure you're renaming all the associated files. Anything with the same name.

(in reply to alpha1)
Post #: 122
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 12/9/2014 1:49:18 AM   
alpha1

Thanks Jason. Good answer as always.

Later,

(in reply to Jason Petho)
Post #: 123
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/7/2016 2:58:20 AM   
LanceS

Trying to play a friend H2H. Both up to date at 2.02. Chose TCP/IP option, he hosted. I entered his IP address, but after a short search I get a message that it can't find him. Both of us gave EF as a firewall exception.

What to do about this?

Thanx,

Lance

(in reply to alpha1)
Post #: 124
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 7/8/2016 7:44:43 PM   
Crossroads

This was suggested at The Blitz to a similar question:
quote:

Scud
You need to set up port forwarding on your routers. You can read more here: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2002566

Settings should be as follows:

Protocol / Port (or range) / Host Port

TCP / 2300-2400 / 2300

UDP / 2300-2400 / 2300

TCP / 47624 / 47624

TCP / 6073 / 6073

Hope that helps,
Dave

(in reply to LanceS)
Post #: 125
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/22/2016 5:12:00 PM   
IckieStickie

Hi jason petho,and Guests,after just watching a youtube video of John Tillers i noticed the uploader had extra stats underneath his unit Dial(top right of screen)things like Open/Objective/wrecks/TEM/Concealment/Morale/visibility/air-power/smoke/ammo yet mine only has the unit in the centre of a Dial and thats it,Im wondering is this because the youtube video im watching is older than my recent version,i have the latest patch?After going through the settings im left wondering which one of these if any adds those stats to mine?is it anything to do with the six settings that you can choose at the begining of the game(as once game starts these 6 cannot be altered)?any help would be gratefull guys as im pulling my hair out over this!

Post #: 126
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/22/2016 6:02:23 PM   
Otto von Blotto

I think the U key toggles the extra details on and off.

"Personal isn't the same as important"

(in reply to IckieStickie)
Post #: 127
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/22/2016 6:28:53 PM   
IckieStickie

quote:

ORIGINAL: Otto von Blotto

I think the U key toggles the extra details on and off.

omg!ALL day and me and a friend couldnt work this out,i cant thank U enough,heh pardon the pun!^^ i nearly uninstalled it and was going to install the original to see if it was that?phew lucky escape there!:)

(in reply to Otto von Blotto)
Post #: 128
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/22/2016 6:35:47 PM   
IckieStickie

This is so much better now

(in reply to IckieStickie)
Post #: 129
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/16/2016 10:01:04 PM   
Ravensworth

I am having difficulty getting my original Campaign series to work. I have tried all of the fixes listed for different things.The error I get is "The procedure entry point could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ADVAPI32.dll" Followed by "The procedure Enrty point_except_handler4_common could not be located in the dynamic link library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\SHLWAPI.dll

PLEASE HELP!

(in reply to Deputy)
Post #: 130
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/17/2016 4:38:07 AM   
Crossroads

By original you refer to Matrix JTCS game, not to Talonsoft originals?

More info please. Operating system, preferrably log entries from engine.log. A new install, or an old install playing tricks?

(in reply to Ravensworth)
Post #: 131
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/23/2016 4:50:30 PM   
Ravensworth

This is the Matrix Games version of JTCS. This is a New install. I have Windows 10, I have tried to run this on XP(Serv pack3), 7, 8, on compatibility mode and I get the same error.
I have tried all of the solutions mentioned above.
I will try and get the log file when I get home tonight.

Thanks for your help.

(in reply to Crossroads)
Post #: 132
RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/23/2016 5:10:37 PM   
Crossroads

quote:

ORIGINAL: usiandrew

This is the Matrix Games version of JTCS. This is a New install. I have Windows 10, I have tried to run this on XP(Serv pack3), 7, 8, on compatibility mode and I get the same error.
I have tried all of the solutions mentioned above.
I will try and get the log file when I get home tonight.

Thanks for your help.

We was some strange errors when W10 came out, but not lately, seems the OS has stabilised. Plenty of W10 users out there so we should get you up and running.

Do you have C++ 2008 distributables, that would be my first guess at this stage. From 2.0 Tech FAQ thread:

quote:

ORIGINAL: berto

[snip]

"The program has failed to launch" or "The application has failed to start" -- Why?

This is aka the "side-by-side" error.

quote:

"The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail."

Most likely, you don't have the Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package.

Make sure you get the right version for your system architecture (32 vs. 64 bit)!

Game (or Editor) Crashes

"My game has crashed. What Should I do?"

First off, if you began your game (or campaign) under JTCS 1.04, we strongly suggest you finish under 1.04.

Otherwise, do the following...

Immediately after the crash:

• Did the game (or editor) simply exit, or did you see a white (or blue) screen saying explicitly that the game (or editor) has crashed (and possibly suggesting that you contact Microsoft etc.)? Please answer this question in your report to us.

• Did the game (or editor) display a pop-up message on crash? If possible, save and post at the forum a (cropped) screenshot of the pop-up, else record the message text and post it at the forum in your crash report.

• Check your engine.log. Do the last entries at the end of the file tell you anything? (If it's the game launcher that's crashed, or any of the editors, check frontend.log, edit.log, edmap.log, or edorg.log.)

• Please post here, in a single ZIP file, your

• error.log
    • engine.log & frontend.log (or edit.log, edmap.log, or edorg.log instead of engine.log, if it's any of the editors that crashed)
    • save files (all three, including OLDER & OLDEST) from your game (or campaign)
    • any other data files related to your current game (or campaign) (look in Windows Explorer, sorting by date)

NOTE: The Forum will not let you post .zip files! So after you created the .zip file, rename the extension as .txt before you post. We will know what to do with it. (On our end, after we download it, rename the file extension back to .zip before unzipping.)

We will then diagnose your crash with the evidence you provided.

• Unless and until we can fix your crash problem, consider reverting to the OLDER, then if need be OLDEST, version of your save files. In Windows Explorer, cut-and-paste your regular save file to a different folder for safekeeping. Then, also in Explorer, rename your save file, removing the " OLDER" (or " OLDEST") from the save file name. Then retry your game (or campaign). There is a chance that the game (or campaign) might take a different random course and avoid the conditions that led to the crash. It's worth a try!

We apologize for any crashes (which are often but not always data related, not a problem with the code itself). We are on a mission to eradicate all such bugs!

• Would this help?

Post #: 133
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/18/2017 4:56:04 PM   
    xj900uk

I can't seem to get any of the 'West Front' Campaigns to load or run properly. I begin everything but then it goes and tells me that it can't load the opposition! :-(

(in reply to Crossroads)
    Post #: 134
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/22/2017 12:51:06 AM   
    Ravensworth

It will not let me post links to the screenshots I have of all the error messages.
    I am not sure what to do.
    This is my favorite game and I am finally well enough to play on the computer. I have tried all the solutions mentioned above and do not know how to get an engine Log file. The forum will not let me post links or files.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to xj900uk)
    Post #: 135
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 9/29/2017 3:31:21 PM   
    berto

quote:

ORIGINAL: usiandrew

... do not know how to get an engine Log file.

After a crash or a game failure, look for engine.log and/or error.log in your West Front (or whatever) folder. Zip up (make a .zip file) and post them here.

Or maybe just post here the last 10 or so lines from each file.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
    Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
    Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

Post #: 136
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/3/2017 8:00:02 PM   
    Ravensworth

I do not know how to find the error log. I will check to see if I can find it. What folder is it in?

(in reply to berto)
    Post #: 137
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 10/3/2017 11:02:02 PM   
    Warhorse

In the main game folder, in this case, West Front.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    www.cslegion.com

Post #: 138
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/24/2017 2:57:01 PM   
    kwamehargrove

Sir, I am playing the East Front Campaign, Operation Barborossa: South. I am playing as the Russians and my Mechanized Corps was upgraded after many successful missions to a Tank Army in Jan 1942. However, since then I have received no replacements to fill in the losses from any of my units in months. I was wondering if this is a bug issue, because as the Germans in the same campaign I recieve replacements every other week? Is there any way to fix this or am I screwed to have a skeleton unit for the rest of my game?

Post #: 139
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/24/2017 8:41:20 PM   
    Warhorse

I've noticed quite frequently that if you win a lot, you get less replacements? The Replacements0.dat shows you should be getting around 6 either infantry or armor core. The game will sometimes give less or none depending on outcome. You can modify the files, but would need to upgrade them each battle that way, has been awhile since I messed with the campaigns.

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    www.cslegion.com

(in reply to kwamehargrove)
    Post #: 140
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 11/26/2017 2:56:59 AM   
    abrjewp

Hello,

I need your help and am facing similar problems to what Darino had in post 70 and am hoping to be able to finally complete East Front South!!

The difference between Darino and I is that I have the problem for the Russians around the 550K point mark (late July early Aug '42), then the 1.1M mark, and now the 1.2M (3/2/43). My problem is that after I pass 550K in points, the game does not complete the mission after the general's speech. After the general's sprrch, I either get a run time error or the games closes such that I am at the initial East Front West Front Rising Sun selection screen. When I resume the campaign I get a resume mission screen and the process repeats. I first had this problem since Dec 2015. I have experienced it for five different Russian commanders for tank corps B/D or B. Product support was unable to find the solution so I am appealing to the forum as my last resort, I am hoping just like Darino to be finally able to complete the campaign.

After the first two commander failures, I began saving the commander files at key times like just before the 550K mark or with my latest commander saving the last turn's commander's files and the commander's files after the battle completes so that I can reload them when I encounter an error. I have had this problem for different versions and have all of the updates.

For my latest commander at the 550K mark I was finally able to get past this point by interrupting the close sequence by clicking help when I receive the score screen and making many repeat attempts to close. I would delete the old commander files and reload the saved commander files for each attempt. I experienced a couple of repeated problems from 550K to 1.1M, but was able to easily resolve them though the help screen reload process. When I went past 1.1M, I found it particularly hard to get past this point and must of have tried literally 50-60 times using the help reload method above without success. I then when to explorer, sorted by date modify on East Front and saw the related campaign, frontend, engine and AI files that were associated with each battle. So I went back to the battle before going over 1.1M played it and save all of the files associated with the battle and then went through the help and reload process and was able to go past that point. Now, I have hit a brick wall when I get to 1.207M or 1.209M at the beginning of March '43. None of my work-arounds work.

There is also no pattern in terms of the file order when it does not work. For example, at the of battle/scenario and score screens the order of the files are always: engine, noautorun, frontend, ai, commander's name.cpn (e.g., Belkin.cpn) .... After the general's name, for the run time error, they were one time ai, Belkin.cpn, engine, frontend and for another time they were engine, frontend, ai, Belkin.cpn. Likewise, when the game just closed without the runtime error the files could be frontend, engine ai, Belkin.cpn or frontend, ai, Belkin.cpn, engine.

Again, I either receive terminate in an unusual way or the program closes and goes back to the start up screen. Again, I am at the corps level (13th Tank Corps - B). My infantry has been upgraded to guards '42, my artillery is all 76mm: 2-four gun batteries and 5-2 gun sections, and my armor is all T34's'41 model organized in either 11 or 12-tank companies.

So, any thoughts on what to do for any stage from just over the 500K mark to the 1.2M mark. Again, I am only at March 2, 1943 and still have over two years that I would like to complete.

THANKS in advance for your help!!

Norm

(in reply to Warhorse)
    Post #: 141
    RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? - 6/25/2018 5:52:46 PM   
    nooshman

Gentlemen,

Is there a way of saving a DCG mission while in the 'set-up' phase?

I ask only, obviously, due to numerous tries at saving everywhere I can think of has not worked for me. Exiting during the set-up phase always brings me to Turn 1 when I load the game back up. The issue is when I get to Division and above there are many, many units, improved positions, pillboxes, trenches, et al, scattered about the map. Each unit must be individually selected, matched with its headquarters, etc. Each trench, IP, Pillbox, etc., must also be moved individually to where I want them. Playing the game for as long as I have been, one would think I would have found the solution by now...

The issue is that for me at least, this process can consume hours and hours. Many times I simply cannot spend that much time in a single session and it may be days before I can return to the game. The only way I have been able to work around this is to leave the computer on, the game running, and the mission left in the set-up phase until I place everything where I want it. This works, except when we suffer a power outage. We have a generator but the couple of second delay before it kicks in is enough to cut power to the computer. Yes, yes, battery back up...I know. That would keep my work-around going, but me thinks there must be something I am missing as far as saving the mission during the initial set-up phase.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated, and I promise to only feel foolish for a brief moment if the fix is simple...

Many thanks, in advance,

Janusz

< Message edited by nooshman -- 6/28/2018 6:26:00 PM >

"I may disagree with what you say, but I will Defend to the Death your Right to speak such Lies!"

(in reply to abrjewp)
    Post #: 142
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
    All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> John Tiller’s Campaign Series Support >> RE: Are you having Campaign Problems? Page: <<   < prev  1 2 3 4 [5]
    Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI