Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

I'm holding off on purchase

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> I'm holding off on purchase Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
I'm holding off on purchase - 12/10/2014 12:17:21 AM   
derhexer

until the bugs seem to be worked out

Chris
(Did you ever stop to think and forget to start?)
Post #: 1
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/10/2014 10:30:01 PM   
SigUp

Which bugs? There are no bugs that restrict the playability of the game.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 2
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/11/2014 1:12:42 PM   
Erik Rutins

Derhexer,

I would ask the same - you can get an odd view sometimes just reading the forum. In fact, so far this has been a remarkably bug-free release.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 3
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/14/2014 6:46:50 PM   
derhexer

"Derhexer,

I would ask the same - you can get an odd view sometimes just reading the forum. In fact, so far this has been a remarkably bug-free release.

Regards,

- Erik "

30 minutes to cycle thru a phase? 15 minutes here, 5 minutes there. A lot of delays mentioned.

These sound like bugs if they lessen the enjoyment of the game.

Chris

(in reply to Erik Rutins)
Post #: 4
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/14/2014 9:54:34 PM   
LiquidSky

The lack of bugs is rather astonishing....people have to invent bugs to give them a reason to post in this forum.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 5
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/14/2014 10:48:38 PM   
joey

Bugs? I have been in these threads since a week before the release. I bought the game two days after release. I know of no bugs.
Sure air power is way too over powering, but that is not a bug, and does not inhibit game play. Other than that I know of no other minor issues with this game.
However, if you wish to wait, Christmas is just around the corner!

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 6
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/14/2014 11:06:39 PM   
SigUp

quote:

ORIGINAL: derhexer

30 minutes to cycle thru a phase? 15 minutes here, 5 minutes there. A lot of delays mentioned.

These sound like bugs if they lessen the enjoyment of the game.

Way to go selective. A lot of delays? How many guys have had real problems? Two, or three? If you don't want to buy the game, fine. Nobody's trying to force you into anything. Just don't go around picking the few encountered problems and then claim them as a general fact justifying your decision not to buy.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 7
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 4:48:11 PM   
derhexer

Way to go selective. A lot of delays? How many guys have had real problems? Two, or three? If you don't want to buy the game, fine. Nobody's trying to force you into anything. Just don't go around picking the few encountered problems and then claim them as a general fact justifying your decision not to buy."

Signup I fully intend to buy the game. I've been salivating over it for months. But, I don't need the aggravation of long response time so I am DELAYING buying it. You get that, Sig, DELAYING? Since I have cancer maybe I'm justified in my decision? What do you think, Sig, am I justified?

Since I haven't questioned your game purchase decisions, what do you think gave you the right for your b-s reply?

Chris

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 8
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 4:49:43 PM   
Toby42

quote:

Way to go selective. A lot of delays? How many guys have had real problems? Two, or three? If you don't want to buy the game, fine. Nobody's trying to force you into anything. Just don't go around picking the few encountered problems and then claim them as a general fact justifying your decision not to buy."

Signup I fully intend to buy the game. I've been salivating over it for months. But, I don't need the aggravation of long response time so I am DELAYING buying it. You get that, Sig, DELAYING? Since I have cancer maybe I'm justified in my decision? What do you think, Sig, am I justified?

Since I haven't questioned your game purchase decisions, what do you think gave you the right for your b-s reply?

Testy, Testy!!

Tony

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 9
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 5:00:18 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

Probably since you posted it in a public forum =p

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 10
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 5:08:43 PM   
zakblood

now now boys, it's Christmas time soon so good tidings to all, regardless of posts and replies please thank you

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 11
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 5:35:25 PM   
KenchiSulla

quote:

Sympathies with your medical condition but have to say, it has nothing to do with the replies you are getting here. You say your holding off on purchase until bugs have been fixed. Bugs you haven't encountered because you haven't played the game. The "bugs" you hear about seems to be actually the CPU / game engine processing the pretty complex routines that are running in the background. The price we pay for more calculation time going into AI and mechanics...

The release is smooth and personally I've only encountered only one bug and that's an issue with the storage of save games (its on the short list). There are some other (balancing / gameplay mechanic) issues that need to be tuned out but that is to be expected.. Now, sure you have the right to delay / not purchase the game. But why would you make the post in the technical support forum? As a motivator for 2by3? They are already working on making the game better... What are you trying to achieve?

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 12
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 7:39:55 PM   
cfulbright

Chris - I've been playtesting this game since Dec. last year. I've been playing several hours a day most days for that year. And I can tell you I'm not aware of any serious bugs at this time.

I also haven't seen any 30 minute processing. On my 2 1/2 year old Dell i5 laptop running Windows 7, processing a turn takes 12 minutes from when I press F12 to when the German AI turn and Allied logistics phase are complete.

As Cannonfodder mentioned, the processing time is to handle a lot of complex routines.

I wouldn't have spent probably 500 hours playing this game without getting paid unless it is extremely fun!

I hope you reconsider your decision. If you like past Gary Grigsby games, I think you'll love this one.

Cary

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 13
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 10:07:09 PM   
SigUp

quote:

I've not been questioning your justification not to buy. I've been questioning you giving "a lot of delays" and "bugs" as your reasoning for not buying.

(in reply to derhexer)
Post #: 14
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 11:16:11 PM   
bairdlander2

I don't get this thread

< Message edited by bairdlander -- 12/16/2014 12:33:55 AM >

(in reply to SigUp)
Post #: 15
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/15/2014 11:20:04 PM   
cfulbright

Long story. See above.

< Message edited by cfulbright -- 12/16/2014 1:05:18 AM >

(in reply to bairdlander2)
Post #: 16
RE: I'm holding off on purchase - 12/16/2014 1:42:44 AM   
Erik Rutins

Locking this up.

Derhexer, my best wishes for your health. I hope WITW meets your expectations in the future.

Regards,

- Erik

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to cfulbright)
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> I'm holding off on purchase Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI