Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Map scrolling very slow

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Map scrolling very slow Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Map scrolling very slow - 12/14/2014 5:18:30 AM   
kfmiller41

Just re installed this game on a new laptop, 4980 processor with 32 gig ram and a geforce gtx980 m video card with 4 gig of ram and the latest drivers, so I am really confused why the map is scrolling like a dog. Have both map scroll settings at zero and don't know what else to do, right now it is not playable. Also have windows 8.1 with the latest update.

any help would be appreciated

You have the ability to arouse various emotions in me: please select carefully.
Post #: 1
RE: Map scrolling very slow - 12/14/2014 5:19:09 AM   
witpqs

Check other recent threads for switches you might try.

(in reply to kfmiller41)
Post #: 2
RE: Map scrolling very slow - 12/14/2014 11:37:22 AM   
wdolson

It's a multiple processor and possibly a video hardware problem. There are command line switches starting with Patch 1 that address these problems. Everyone has to fine tune what works best for them. There are many threads on the forum about it. Just about everyone new to the game goes through it.

Bill

WitP AE - Test team lead, programmer

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 3
RE: Map scrolling very slow - 12/17/2014 3:37:51 PM   
tdpyle

As explained in other threads, the key is to include the switch "-deepColor" in the command line. I believe the Windows 8 problem is that it does not support Direct Draw. The deepColor switch fixes this somehow. Note: I have discovered that he -cpu# switch can be a problem with intel quad-core processors. When I used it I got a processor overload message from Norton. The command line I use is -multiaudio -altFont -deepColor -SingleCpuStart. Running Intel processor @ 2.41GH quad-core. Ho-hum Intel graphics.

(in reply to kfmiller41)
Post #: 4
RE: Map scrolling very slow - 12/17/2014 6:21:05 PM   
HansBolter

quote:

ORIGINAL: tdpyle

As explained in other threads, the key is to include the switch "-deepColor" in the command line. I believe the Windows 8 problem is that it does not support Direct Draw. The deepColor switch fixes this somehow. Note: I have discovered that he -cpu# switch can be a problem with intel quad-core processors. When I used it I got a processor overload message from Norton. The command line I use is -multiaudio -altFont -deepColor -SingleCpuStart. Running Intel processor @ 2.41GH quad-core. Ho-hum Intel graphics.

+1

-deepColor solved my slow scrolling in 8.1

Hans

(in reply to tdpyle)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Map scrolling very slow Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI