Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

AirBase question

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AirBase question Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
AirBase question - 12/18/2014 1:40:29 AM   
Rankorian

First, great game. You experienced players probably envy me starting the game for the first time--I don't know the AI and other weaknesses. It just looks great to me.

Question: I move my airbase (and I see that WITW has gone back to fixed AB), what does that mean for my planes on the AB. Does it reduce their range? Do missions that require no use of range become no longer able to be run?

The idea of an AB taking off across country must have been well thought out--explain its implications on the aircraft/etc. Move the AB at the end of the turn?

Number one principle: The inherent worth and dignity of all people.
Post #: 1
RE: AirBase question - 12/18/2014 2:08:07 AM   
BJP III

Basically, the MPs of the base and the % flown by the air units attached are interrelated. Each MP expended by the base increases the % flown by the attached air units, and each mission flown reduces the total MPs of the AB.

Note that some missions can only be flown by air units that have not moved or flown at all -- off the top of my head, they are: city bombing, unit bombing, air transfer, and LB re-supply to land units. Don't hold me to that list, though ;)

(in reply to Rankorian)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> AirBase question Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI