Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Italian surrender bug

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Italian surrender bug Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 3:24:38 AM   
Shadowbane

The problem is that all Italien air bases after surrender switch to Luftwaffe ones with

Max TOE 1
Supply Priority 0

This means that for the turn after the Italian surrender, all air units are effectively grounded. This might be WAD, but if one doesn't notice it immediately the air units are crippled for several turns. It is also annoying to have to manually change all the bases back to Auto TOE.
It would be nice if the switch over defaults to Auto and Supply priority 2-3.

Baelfiin seems to have this figured out not sure why he has not posted it, under Air Missions not fling thread.
Post #: 1
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 4:56:20 AM   
michaelm75au

Patch 1.00.07
quote:

1. Rule Change (section 18.1.1) - Italy will never surrender prior to August 1943. In August
1943, the German garrison value in Italy is never divided by 4 when determining Italian surrender.

A delay to the Italian surrender should give you time to change specific air bases to German control (assigned to German HQ). I don't believe that these would be affected by the nationality switch as they are no longer Italian air bases.

Michael

(in reply to Shadowbane)
Post #: 2
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 8:21:47 AM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shadowbane

The problem is that all Italien air bases after surrender switch to Luftwaffe ones with

Max TOE 1
Supply Priority 0

This means that for the turn after the Italian surrender, all air units are effectively grounded. This might be WAD, but if one doesn't notice it immediately the air units are crippled for several turns. It is also annoying to have to manually change all the bases back to Auto TOE.
It would be nice if the switch over defaults to Auto and Supply priority 2-3.

Baelfiin seems to have this figured out not sure why he has not posted it, under Air Missions not fling thread.

I did post it and it was determined the best way to avoid it was to prevent Italian surrender before august.

Why would I post it there?

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to Shadowbane)
Post #: 3
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 11:15:31 AM   
MechFO

I don't see what this has to do with the timing of the Italian surrender. Having to manually redo every single air base in Italy is a mistake or a bad choice in the switchover mechanic and should be something easily solved in some future patch iteration.

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 4
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 12:21:54 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

ORIGINAL: MechFO

I don't see what this has to do with the timing of the Italian surrender. Having to manually redo every single air base in Italy is a mistake or a bad choice in the switchover mechanic and should be something easily solved in some future patch iteration.

/shrug

Just make sure you have an updated game, and that any german planes have their airfields switched to a german hq a turn before Italy surrenders.

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 5
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 12:58:00 PM   
Shadowbane

quote:

I don't see what this has to do with the timing of the Italian surrender.
Having to manually redo every single air base in Italy is a mistake or a bad
choice in the switchover mechanic and should be something easily solved in some future patch iteration.

Baelfiin

/shrug

Just make sure you have an updated game, and that any german planes have their airfields switched to a german hq a turn before Italy surrenders.

It would be nice to at least let the player base know that all
the LW in Italy can get wiped out because it can not fly for several turns if you don't know about this bug.

Up-dated game does not fix the problem or /shrugging ones shoulders

(in reply to MechFO)
Post #: 6
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 1:07:42 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

quote:

choice in the switchover mechanic and should be something easily solved in some future patch iteration.

Baelfiin

/shrug

the LW in Italy can get wiped out because it can not fly for several turns if you don't know about this bug.

Sounds like another Pelton bot......

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to Shadowbane)
Post #: 7
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 9:51:01 PM   
Shadowbane

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baelfiin

quote:

quote:

Baelfiin

/shrug

Not sure who Pelton is but I have reported you to 2by3 for being rude and disrespectful.

Your a tester. Pelton is a tester.

Is part of being a 2by3 tester being rude?

I guess testers can dump on people like me and MechFO for reporting a clear issue with the game.

I had to agree to the forum rules like everyone else buying the game, but I guess testers get to make fun of people and call then names?

I am guessing being called a Pelton clone is a bad thing.

Have a little more respect for the people buying your product and keep your insults to yourself.

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 8
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/20/2014 9:57:02 PM   
Baelfiin

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Baelfiin

quote:

quote:

Baelfiin

/shrug

Not sure who Pelton is but I have reported you to 2by3 for being rude and disrespectful.

Your a tester. Pelton is a tester.

Is part of being a 2by3 tester being rude?

I guess testers can dump on people like me and MechFO for reporting a clear issue with the game.

I had to agree to the forum rules like everyone else buying the game, but I guess testers get to make fun of people and call then names?

I am guessing being called a Pelton clone is a bad thing.

Have a little more respect for the people buying your product and keep your insults to yourself.

ROFL

WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha

(in reply to Shadowbane)
Post #: 9
RE: Italian surrender bug - 12/22/2014 8:20:56 AM   
RedLancer

Just to draw a close to this.

It is not a Bug - it is WAD. To avoid the issue you need to set empty airbases to a German HQ and they will flip to German nationality.

John
WitE2 Asst Producer
WitE & WitW Dev

(in reply to Baelfiin)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Tech Support >> Italian surrender bug Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI