Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/13/2014 4:49:54 PM   
Justus2

What does the -nofire switch do? I haven't seen that one before.

Playing/Learning Shadow Empire

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1351
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/13/2014 5:02:51 PM   
witpqs

I don't have a fast video card, just the video built into the CPU. As a result, sometimes during replay my screen would split vertically and half of it would jump. Basically the PC's video could not keep up with the processing. The noFire switch turns off the guns/bombs/ etc. animations.

It might overlap with fixedArt or maybe even have been replaced by it, but it still works (I've had it on the desktop PC for a long time).

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1352
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/13/2014 5:20:32 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

I don't have a fast video card, just the video built into the CPU. As a result, sometimes during replay my screen would split vertically and half of it would jump. Basically the PC's video could not keep up with the processing. The noFire switch turns off the guns/bombs/ etc. animations.

It might overlap with fixedArt or maybe even have been replaced by it, but it still works (I've had it on the desktop PC for a long time).

I borrowed your game launch string some time back and couldn't live with the "noFire" switch because I use the fire/smoke animations to gauge how much damage is occurring in combat. Fortunately I have a good video card so I could just remove the switch. Belated thanks for the rest of the setup - got me using the full resolution and able to see a much wider map section.

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1353
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/13/2014 5:58:20 PM   
witpqs

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1354
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/14/2014 7:31:42 PM   
Reg

quote:

ORIGINAL: witpqs

-fixedArt turns off rotating airplane and ship (and base) artwork which normally changes based on game date and it may (I'm not sure) suppress other artwork chrome such as ship/LCU unit badges.

It was intended to take a load off slower processors....

< Message edited by Reg -- 12/14/2014 8:36:54 PM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1355
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 4:49:18 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Mandrake-san decide being strategic genius not necessarirry transrate to erectronic devices.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1356
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 4:59:26 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Mandrake-san find out various adurt (and even 10 year ord) using Mandrake-san fancy gas dryer. Top screw hording door back out (because probabry made in Korea) so door just hanging by rower screw but nobody fix it..just prop heavy thing against door rike bunch of useress deadbeats that get dropped on heads as babies.

Eventuarry, bottom screw give out too and guess what...door farr on ground. Weight of door deform sheet metal and strip crappy Korean threads. SG admit probrem and offah to buy new dryer. HERR NO! Mandrake-san find bigger screw and pound in sheet metarh and use Popeye forearms to make new threads with screws. Mandrake-san arso ban arr descendants of SG from evah use dryer again.

(in reply to Cap Mandrake)
Post #: 1357
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 5:14:09 PM   
Cap Mandrake

How Mandrake-san supposed to win war if arways having to fix stuff around Seaside Virra?

Post #: 1358
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 5:19:37 PM   
Cap Mandrake

*****************January 22, 1942(d)***************

Sumatra-jima:Pretty good day for Japan-mens. Dutch-mens and Scottrand-mens with fancy socks give up first time Japan-mens attack at Parembang. Arried-mens run away across rivah to Southwest.

Onry 1% of refinery and oirh werrs damaged.

At Oosthaven, Arried-mens miss opportunity to counterattack so 41st Regt resting up.

South Pacific: Anothah SNRF sarefry ashore at Noumea with no rosses. Nothing bad happen anywhere. Japan-mens attack Noumea again tomorrow.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/15/2014 6:20:14 PM >

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1359
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 6:59:35 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cap Mandrake

... Mandrake-san arso ban arr descendants of SG from evah use dryer again.

Of course this means more damp clothes on the poor tabruh ...

No matter how bad a situation is, you can always make it worse. - Chris Hadfield : An Astronaut's Guide To Life On Earth

Post #: 1360
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/15/2014 7:02:25 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

Understandaburh - swarrow birds dropping coconuts onry do so much damage before get too tired to frap wings!
(ask your opponent about this).

Post #: 1361
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/16/2014 10:14:48 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

Understandaburh - swarrow birds dropping coconuts onry do so much damage before get too tired to frap wings!

Very crurious. Japan-mens receive Arried radio intercept very crose to this ...and then..next night a coupurh of B-17's fry in from SE and brow up an oir pump.

Japan-mens going to do something but not-ah know what yet. Mistah Tojo-san forget to order any night fighters. Honestry, nobody berieve the swarrow business.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/16/2014 11:16:15 PM >

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1362
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/16/2014 10:31:22 PM   
witpqs

quote:

quote:

quote:

Very crurious. Japan-mens receive Arried radio intercept very crose to this ...and then..next night a coupurh of B-17's fry in from SE and brow up an oir pump.

Japan-mens going to do something but not-ah know what yet. Mistah Tojo-san forget to order any night fighters. Honestry, nobody berieve the swarrow business.

I know! I know! Attack Midway!

Post #: 1363
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/16/2014 10:37:16 PM   
zuluhour

There aint no Maui Waui on midway. Capture Pinot fields in Oregon.

(in reply to witpqs)
Post #: 1364
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 3:18:18 AM   
BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

I had no knowredge of B-17 ops. Swarrows were supposed to fry before Japan-mens take oir werrs. Obviousry, their datai commander have poor aggression rever.

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1365
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 2:01:30 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Hey...Arried-mens. Prease to send back Reander and Indianaporis.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to BBfanboy)
Post #: 1366
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 4:24:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

4th Division is embarked and moving East across Corarh Sea from Port Moresby. It tempting to head South and take Auckrand before base reinforced from US. Auckrand serf supporting from suppry standpoint, probabry have rots of fuerh, rots of points, shipyard and capture of North Isrand pretty much cut off Austraria from US. CD guns at Auckrand rearry crappy.

Here main probrem with idea:

2nd NZ Div Cav Regiment arrives at Aden
32nd Army Tank Brigade arrives at Aden
2nd Army Tank Brigade arrives at Canada
4th NZ Brigade arrives at Aden
5th NZ Brigade arrives at Aden
6th NZ Brigade arrives at Aden
28th Maori Battalion arrives at Aden
51st Highland Division arrives at Cape Town
Invasion Mobilstn Supply Convoy arrives at Cape Town

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/17/2014 5:25:02 PM >

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1367
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 5:10:26 PM   
sprior

Broody herr, that rot of New Zearanders.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 1368
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 5:31:35 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Broody herr, that rot of New Zearanders.

Hai! Good news for Rommel...bad news for Japan-mens. Those arr 90 experience/ 90 morarh prus battarrion of crazy Maori-mens.

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1369
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 5:35:43 PM   
sprior

Terr Mt Hitrer to try hard-ah.

"Grown ups are what's left when skool is finished."
"History started badly and hav been geting steadily worse."
- Nigel Molesworth.

Post #: 1370
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/17/2014 5:41:05 PM   
Cap Mandrake

quote:

ORIGINAL: sprior

Terr Mt Hitrer to try hard-ah.

Hai! Crazy faired painter! Not-ah even have aircraft carriers. Ret him come ovah here and see what hahppens. Mandrake-san just try brow up New Zearand with airpranes and ships.

Arso, Goering comprete fat ass. Need 4 engine bomber to even get up in air. Japan-mens have rittah more disciprine. Not eat rike swine unress try out for sumo camp.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/17/2014 6:43:45 PM >

(in reply to sprior)
Post #: 1371
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/19/2014 6:35:53 PM   
Cap Mandrake

A minor complaint.

If you name your daughter a goofy made up name like "Jorie" and she is at the 99% on weight at 9 months and she has shoulders like Mean Joe Green.....DO NOT cut her hair like Oliver Hardy and then get mad at the pediatrician when he can't tell the baby's sex when she is stting in her diaper.

< Message edited by Cap Mandrake -- 12/19/2014 7:36:38 PM >

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1372
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/19/2014 6:54:56 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Mandrake-san keep checking shrotwave receiver for more batturh reports but nothing hahppen, just annoying ads from someprace in Amazon. Japan-mens officers not-ah supposed to cry but sometimes rearry hard.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1373
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/19/2014 7:11:06 PM   
BBfanboy

quote:

A minor complaint.

If you name your daughter a goofy made up name like "Jorie" and she is at the 99% on weight at 9 months and she has shoulders like Mean Joe Green.....DO NOT cut her hair like Oliver Hardy and then get mad at the pediatrician when he can't tell the baby's sex when she is stting in her diaper.

Hai! Babies shouhd not trim mustaches to rook rike Hitrer, shouhd shave right off!

Post #: 1374
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:05:08 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Mandrake-san just find out one of Backstreet Boys get-ah married to anothah mens. This-ah make Mandrake-san wondah. Ah, nevah mind.

Mandrake-san hope Anrews Sistahs not rike otha womans. Have big poster of Andrews Sistahs at Seaside Virra.

Not-ah much happen rast day of war but Mandrake-san think of something to do with 4th Division.

(in reply to Justus2)
Post #: 1375
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:07:03 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Mandrake-san in tremendousry good mood because not-ah work for week and because SG I finarry moving out! Huzzah!

Post #: 1376
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:09:33 PM   
Cap Mandrake

Here copy of postah at Seaside Virra. Mandrake-san not-ah aburh to take eyes off headrights.

Post #: 1377
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:11:05 PM   
uncivil_servant

Is there a map key to the SG Mandrake-san famiry tlee? Is SG I the other half unit or SG junior?

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Post #: 1378
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:11:15 PM   
Cap Mandrake

This-ah probabry good thing because one in muddurh not-ah very....uh...photogenic.

Post #: 1379
RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-pr... - 12/22/2014 12:12:28 PM   
uncivil_servant

The one on the left more than makes up for the beautification scale aid that is the middle primate.

It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion,
It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed,
The hands acquire shaking, the shaking becomes a warning,
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.

Post #: 1380
Page:   <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere Page: <<   < prev  44 45 [46] 47 48   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI