Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Problems?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Tech Support >> Problems? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Problems? - 12/23/2014 2:15:55 PM   
alpha1

Hi All;

I'm thinking of purchasing this game, however I have some concerns. I just purchased a brand new 'Steel Armor: Blaze of War' on eBay and installed the game. The game is apparently distributed by Indie Games. The graviteam install game manual tells me that there should be an activation code on the CD........there isn't. It tells me that the game must be activated online.....there's no provision on the CD for this. The manual also tells me that I don't need the CD to run the game....I do. I keep getting a MS visual c++ runtime error. I can install the game, start it then get the message. If I try to start the game again, no joy.

I'm hoping that Achtung Panzer is problem free. I'm running XP SP3 lots of memory, good graphics card, etc. My system surpasses the Graviteam requirements yet there's still a serious problem with Steel Armor.

Has anybody had a problem with installing and running Achtung Panzer? Any help with this would be appreciated, thanks.

Cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Problems? - 12/23/2014 3:49:31 PM   
Lobster

No problems on my machine at present but I'm not running XP anymore, I have Windows 7. I did have XP when I first purchased the game and had no problems then either. But that was some time ago and it was sold at GameStop. I had problems with the GameStop Launcher, not the game. But then every machine is different.

By the way, unless the distributor has a required game launching platform you don't have to worry about them. It's the people who made the game.

< Message edited by Lobster -- 12/23/2014 4:51:49 PM >

http://www.operationbarbarossa.net/

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity and I’m not sure about the universe-Einstein

Q: What do you call a boomerang that doesn’t come back?
A: A stick.

(in reply to alpha1)
Post #: 2
RE: Problems? - 12/23/2014 3:56:23 PM   
alpha1

Hi Lobster;

Thanks for your reply. Go figure. Something sure isn't right. I'll tinker a bit and see if I can't get things up and running. I'd sure like to buy 'Achtung Panzer' but I'm worried that I may end up with the same problem.

Merry Christmas!

< Message edited by alpha1 -- 12/23/2014 4:57:29 PM >

(in reply to Lobster)
Post #: 3
RE: Problems? - 12/23/2014 11:52:03 PM   
alpha1

Just a brief update and my thoughts on things. I just downloaded and installed the 'Achtung Panzer Operation Star' demo version and it runs flawlessly. Probably because it includes an installer for MS Visual c++ runtime. The version (Indie Games) of 'Steel Armor' that I recently bought has no such installer included on the disk and therefore will not run.

I feel confident that the Matrix 'Achtung Panzer' will run just fine.

Cheers.

(in reply to alpha1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Achtung Panzer Operation Star >> Tech Support >> Problems? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI