Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Review results of invasions or air drops?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Review results of invasions or air drops? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Review results of invasions or air drops? - 12/29/2014 11:09:12 PM   
Zenra

Is there any way to review the results of amphibious and air drop battles? The Battle Locator works well for reviewing air actions, as does the Commander's Report. However, I cannot find a way to review the action that occurred during amphibious or air drop battles, presumably because they happened during the opposing player turn. I click the "Ground" link in the Commander's report, and I cycle the Battle Locator toolbar to display ground actions (tank symbol), but the battles from the previous Axis turn do not show up. Seems I must be missing something obvious, but what is it?

Life and the struggle to keep it have kept me out of things for quite some time, but I am really happy to find this gem added to the Matrix line - between WitW and MWiF I can't imagine finding a spare moment again... Great job 2x3, Slitherine & Matrix !!

Mitchell
Post #: 1
RE: Review results of invasions or air drops? - 12/29/2014 11:40:21 PM   
Baelfiin

f11 battle sites should be able to see it

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 2
RE: Review results of invasions or air drops? - 12/30/2014 12:31:07 AM   
Joel Billings

Because of the sequence of play, I'm afraid the combats during the German amphib phase are lost by the time you reach the next Allied turn. With the 1.00.08 version you can view the battles as they happen when playing against the AI. Just be sure to have your combat message detail set to 1 so you see the combat windows appear for each invasion or airdrop.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 3
RE: Review results of invasions or air drops? - 12/30/2014 12:38:44 AM   
Zenra

Thanks, Joel - that's actually what I did, is watch the play-by-play. Much like WitP it can be quite entertaining, but it does require a substantial investment of time. Watching the air battles at maximum detail and with a delay long enough to read the messages gives a lot of insight into the detail that makes up the combat resolution model - superb job here, really makes me feel like I am watching a realistic air battle.

Again, great game - looking forward to peeling more layers of this onion in the days to come.

Mitchell

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 4
RE: Review results of invasions or air drops? - 12/30/2014 12:39:37 AM   
Baelfiin

Sorry Mitchell I misunderstood 8)

"We are going to attack all night, and attack tomorrow morning..... If we are not victorious, let no one come back alive!" -- Patton
WITE-Beta
WITW-Alpha
The Logistics Phase is like Black Magic and Voodoo all rolled into one.

(in reply to Zenra)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Review results of invasions or air drops? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI