Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

[FIXED v1.07] Decoy priority error

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED v1.07] Decoy priority error Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
[FIXED v1.07] Decoy priority error - 12/30/2014 10:25:13 AM   
Luidzi

I've found a possible error in the usage of defensive countermeasures. There are Seawolf and Typhoon in the scenario included. Seawolf is stock, Typhoon has added decoy mounts from Seawolf (I needed a sub that could withstand one hit, Seawolf sunk too easily and I couldn't check magazine inventory after that).

If you attack the submarine with torpedo, you will see following behavior:

1) ALL decoy launchers use one decoy (totals 7 for Seawolf and 9 for Typhoon - for some reason it will not launch MG-74), but the combat log mentions only one calculation. That is probably to prevent "almost invulnerability" for units with large amount of launchers, what bothers me is below.

2) The decoy that is (according to combat log) trying to seduce incoming torpedo is not the best for the situation. In the Seawolf case the calculated one is ADC Mk2 Mod 0, that has Pk 20% against APR-1. If you remove them from launcher and magazine, the next one calculated will be ADC Mk2 Mod 3, which has Pk 35%. This is the same for Typhoon, when the first one calculated will be Generic Acoustic decoy, while there are better decoys launched. As a result the attacked unit has less-than-ideal chance of successful defense.

The calculated decoy is the same one in multiple simulations, so its selection is not randomly decided. I believe that in this case of multiple launch of decoys of different quality the simulator should separately check their Pk and calculate with the one that has the best chance of seducing the weapon. Other possibilities I can think of at this time are launching only one decoy - with the best Pk, or random selection from all that are launched.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by emsoy -- 1/7/2015 9:14:54 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Decoy priority error - 12/30/2014 10:56:48 AM   
thewood1

To answer part of your question about the MG-74...

This was asked just the other day. A simple search on the word "decoy" or "MG-74" from the very useful search button gives this...

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3769371&mpage=1&key=decoy�

(in reply to Luidzi)
Post #: 2
RE: Decoy priority error - 12/30/2014 11:20:03 AM   
thewood1

Just curious if range is a factor...is one decoy longer ranged than another? There might be a number of factors that go into the decision of what weapon/decpy to use.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 3
RE: Decoy priority error - 1/2/2015 7:05:19 AM   
Dimitris

Thanks, logged.

(in reply to thewood1)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Tech Support >> [FIXED v1.07] Decoy priority error Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI