Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes....

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 3:13:13 PM   
ratprince

It is getting ridiculous and annoying and unplayable.... why do the airbases just switch command?? I have to spend an hour every turn to switch them to the correct commands or pay a maintenance penalty..

Is this for sure being patched? If not, game is gonna have to be put on hold a bit. Frustrating in the extreme

"Yeah that I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...because I am."
Post #: 1
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 3:16:41 PM   
joey

I am told that it is to be patched. I agree. It is frustrating.

(in reply to ratprince)
Post #: 2
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 3:18:27 PM   
Kumppi

Yeah it is a bit annoying. Though chancing them back every turn does not take but a minute for me. Just make sure to use CR filtered with Air Base HQ "Not match" and then sorted by air base. That's the quickest way.

(in reply to ratprince)
Post #: 3
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 3:37:57 PM   
Dante Fierro

Sounds like a top priority for next patch. Hopefully soon.

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 4
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 3:40:14 PM   
ratprince

Krumpi, I do, but I had 127 air groups out of match last turn.....the prior turn, I had just reset everything. Even with the CR it is time consuming unless you have a faster way than clicking on the air base location, changing command then going back to the cr.... is there some bulk switch I dont know about?

"Yeah that I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil...because I am."

(in reply to Dante Fierro)
Post #: 5
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 4:00:58 PM   
Kumppi

I'm not switching air group HQs, but the HQ of the air base. In my case I have about 10 airbases that constantly change their HQ so all I have to do is switch those 10. The air groups use the right HQ and they don't change.

With CR you can at least click the location of the air base and it selects the right hex. Then clicking the air field icon in the top right you get to the air base detail window where you can change the HQ. After the change press C key to open CR again. Rinse and repeat.

(in reply to ratprince)
Post #: 6
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 7:41:40 PM   
ratprince

yeah, thats exactly how I do it and the same problem, but LOTS of air groups. I had over a hundred each time...every turn...its just annoying when I am putting the effort into being efficient and not having maintenance issues...

(in reply to Kumppi)
Post #: 7
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 8:29:24 PM   
carlkay58

I use the Commander's Report. Set the filter for units to NONE and then hit the AIRBASE filter. Sort by Supply Priority - or just hit the Supply Priority hot switch and set them all to 3. At the start of each turn. A pain, but the Commander's Report makes it a bit easier to fix.

The next patch will have at least part (if not all) of this fixed.

(in reply to ratprince)
Post #: 8
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/11/2015 10:55:53 PM   
Joel Billings

We got a repeatable save of a case where airbases in England were changing their HQ. Gary was able to find the code that was doing that and deactivate it. Hopefully that will correct all the cases of HQ flipping, but we won't know for sure if this fixed all the cases until people play it. We hope to get a patch out by late this week.

All understanding comes after the fact.
-- Soren Kierkegaard

(in reply to carlkay58)
Post #: 9
RE: SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... - 1/12/2015 8:40:56 PM   
ratprince

Thats total awesomeness.... thank you very much

(in reply to Joel Billings)
Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> SOOOOOOooooo Annoying air base command changes.... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI