Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Non-German Axis campaigns?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Non-German Axis campaigns? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Non-German Axis campaigns? - 4/2/2001 5:04:00 AM   
miharme

Does anybody where I can find campaigns for non-German Axis countries? Call me weirdo, but I find playing a campaign with Italians or Hungarians most interesting...

Post #: 1
- 4/2/2001 5:46:00 AM   
Figmo

Sounds like a great idea!! Maybe one of the guys will do it OR the best way to get what you want is create it yourself. Wild Bill is going to start a scenario/campaign class this week - that will help a lot if you haven't done much design. It should be very interesting - contrary to what ruxius thinks!!! :D :D Figmo P.S. But that's OK ruxius - I got a water pistol and I'll squirt you to keep you awake!! :p

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2001 11:47:00 PM   
Lars

I know one campaign that could be interesting. It's called "Wrestling the Bear" and deals whit the Finnish battalion ERP 18 and it's struggle against the Russian bear. It's still in the making by "Gunner" from the Raiders team, and I only playtested the first scenario, but it looks to be a smashing one. :) Sorry to say, I don't know when it'll be redy for download. :(

:D Plays for fun! :cool:

[img]http://publish.hometown.aol.com/kenkbaran/images/spwaw-virtual-b-o-b2.jpg [/img]
[img]http://www.redzoneforums.com/images/avatars/gia

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 3
- 4/2/2001 11:53:00 PM   
Warhorse

My favorite country!! I was working on a Hungarian Campaign, but with Combat Leader taking all my time, that went South :( I only had the first two sceanrio's done, well, mostly, but maybe someday, I will get back to it!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 4
- 4/3/2001 4:08:00 AM   
AC

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Figmo: [B]Sounds like a great idea!! Maybe one of the guys will do it OR the best way to get what you want is create it yourself. Wild Bill is going to start a scenario/campaign class this week - that will help a lot if you haven't done much design. Figmo, where can I learn more about this scenario/campaign class by WBW? I am infact planning to create at least a scenario on the battle of Nikolajewka, taken by Italian Alpini units after a terrifying retreat from the Don to the west in the January of 1943. Thanks AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 5
- 4/3/2001 4:22:00 AM   
Cirrus

Read posts titled Some Thoughts on Scenario Design...Interested? and Scenario Design 101 - Art of War #1 -- Cirrus

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 6
- 4/3/2001 5:22:00 AM   
AC

Thank you, Cirrus AC

"Tridentina, avanti!" General L. Reverberi leading his Alpini troops in the decisive assault on Soviet-held Nikolajewka, 26th January 1943

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 7
- 4/3/2001 11:11:00 PM   
panda124c

quote:

Originally posted by Mikko Härmeinen: Does anybody where I can find campaigns for non-German Axis countries? Call me weirdo, but I find playing a campaign with Italians or Hungarians most interesting...
Yea something like Etheopia to Rome megacampain. As the Italians.

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 8
- 4/3/2001 11:29:00 PM   
Warhorse

Okay, that's it, you all got my interest peaked!! I'm going to try and work on this campaign, bit by bit again. It is basically following the Hungarian 1st Motorized Division. Will see how it goes, at least the first two scenarios are under way ;)

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 9
- 4/4/2001 12:22:00 AM   
miharme

Please do! Italians, Rumanians and Hungarians seem not to be popular for no good reason. Keep us posted and thank you!

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 10
- 4/4/2001 1:05:00 AM   
Warhorse

There are, unfortunately, a very few of us that are Axis Minor enthusiasts!! All but one of the scenario's I made, are dealing with the Axis Minors, Hungary in particular, but also Rumania, and Bulgaria. Will see how much I can get done on this, will let you know, thanks for the interest!

Mike Amos

Meine Ehre heißt Treue
www.cslegion.com

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 11
- 4/4/2001 3:04:00 AM   
Alby

Hey I like them minors!!! just the oobs were kinda..ummm you know....just wait till we see the new ones, ill be playin them alot i bet!!! :)

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 12
- 4/4/2001 6:07:00 AM   
Grumble

Finnish Mega-Campaign? One could limit it to the Winter War. Or for the chronic insominiacs among scenario developers: Start in Winter War, go through some battles of Continuation War and end up in the Lapland War?

"...these go up to eleven."
Nigel Tufnel

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 13
- 4/4/2001 8:13:00 PM   
skukko

I think that there will be more Finn-campaigns as people get familiar to this game and its capabilitys. I for example have data to do battles around the Hanko, Finlands southest town. Ít will have sovjets elite troops, marines and railroad-guns (3 of them) T-26's and lots of infantry fighting in island/rocks along the coast of Hanko peninsula. But as almost everytime when getting an idea of great campaing, time is short right now...it'll have to waite.. mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 14
- 4/5/2001 3:01:00 AM   
Mikimoto

Hello. I would see a minor axis from Spain. The spanish Blue Division (integrated in the Werchmacht as the 250th ID). They fought very hard, bloody battles against de Soviets. Late in 43 they returned to Spain. Volunteers formed then the Blue or Spanish Legion. Almost 2000 men. They returned home in 1944. A Battalion of die-hard anticommunists refused to go home. They were integrated in the Waffen SS. In May 1945 they were fighting in the ruble of Berlin. In March of 1954 the last 286 prisoners captured by the soviets returned to Spain. Of them 21 had fought until the end of the war in 1945. 47.000 volunteers served in the Blue Division between June 1941 and December 1943. The approximate losses were 6.000 killed in action, 15.000 Wounded and 326 MIA (an estimated 45% of the entire force). The Red Army lost 49.300 men to the Spanish. :D

Desperta ferro!
Miquel Guasch Aparicio

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 15
- 4/5/2001 6:05:00 PM   
Ross Moorhouse

From off my bookshelf :) All from the Osprey Military Men-At-Arms Series. The Romanian Army of World War 2. The Italian Army 1940-45 (1) Europe 1940-43. Germany's Eastern Front Allies 1941-45. :D

Ross Moorhouse

Project Manager
www.csosimtek.com
Email: rossm@csogroup.org

(in reply to miharme)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Non-German Axis campaigns? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI