Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Still need help with head to head cable

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Still need help with head to head cable Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Still need help with head to head cable - 4/2/2001 7:16:00 AM   
M4 Jess Housley

we tried direct cable connenction, goggel, and much more.. can SPWWAR be played with a head to head cable at all? if so we really need some help. do we need to install network cards?

I remember the Tigers...poor lost kittys....Here Kitty..kitty
Post #: 1
- 4/2/2001 8:28:00 AM   
Figmo

I haven't got a clue as to how it would even run between two PCs without a LAN - local area network. How is it hooked up? Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to M4 Jess Housley)
Post #: 2
- 4/2/2001 9:00:00 AM   
Paul Vebber

You need to get a TCP/IP connection over the cable - that is the only way it can be made to work. Someone said it was possible, I don't know personally! Installing network cards and connecting the network cards with ethernet cable, instead of a "direct connection" cable is the easiest way, as the the network cards can be reasily configured to communicate using the TCP/IP protocol SP:WaW uses.

Post #: 3
- 4/2/2001 12:49:00 PM   
skukko

I've said that it is possible to play spwaw in LAN without any net-cards. Take cable to both machines LPT1 and share your spwaw-folder with winxx. Start Directcable connection and let machines shake their hands. Set in slaves name and you are linked. Launch spwaw and proceed to online game. There it asks names, fill in hit enter. After enter it asks IP-address, let it be, as Spwaw finds it automatically. Hit enter and there you are. If need I can write presicily, but right now I must go. Cya mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

Post #: 4
- 4/2/2001 1:41:00 PM   
Pack Rat

Thanks Mosh, I was hoping someone would remember better than I. The only thing I would add is in the setup for Win make sure you have the files loaded for direct connect. It should be a box you check mark.

PR

Post #: 5
- 4/2/2001 6:17:00 PM   
Cirrus

Check out http://www.helmig.com/j_helmig/dccmain.htm There are complete instructions with pictures and all -- Cirrus

Cirrus
"You can cheat all people for some time and some people for all time, but not all people for all time.....and never your mom"

Post #: 6
- 4/3/2001 3:34:00 AM   
cjpaul

Yes, I've done this on many occasions. All I did was connect the parallel ports with a proper cable, and installed the Direct-Cable connection software, which comes standard with Win98 and newer. (It's available in Win95, but as an extra)

Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Still need help with head to head cable Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI