Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 12/14/2014 11:48:29 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Chet Guiles

Am VERY eagerly looking forward to 2.0. This is the only mod I play any more. Love your work!

Thanks for the compliment Chet!

I had to step back from the Picard Era Version 2.0 mod work for a bit due to a death in the family.
The Trek Team though have been testing the Beta Pre-Release version and so far, so good according
to their reports.

It is my hope to have the 2.0 Release Version finished, posted and ready for download by/before
Christmas (Great gift to the DW Community I hope!). So hold on just a bit longer! Very glad to
hear you're enjoying the mod, and Distant Worlds!

Jolan'tru

Attachment (1)

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Chet Guiles)
Post #: 181
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 12/25/2014 9:51:14 PM   
ehsumrell1

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all fellow Trekkies!

Version 2.0 of Star Trek The Picard Era is in the final Pre-Release testing stage.
We were hoping to release by Christmas but it's just not quite ready yet. But very soon!

Again, MERRY CHRISTMAS, from the Trek Team!

Attachment (1)

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 182
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 12/27/2014 7:47:49 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

Ah... no Merry Christmas for the Jedi Knight... I see how you are.
May many Datas raid your ale stores.
May your pretzel stores be overrun with Tribbles.
May your love-life be filled with Luxuanas!

Not that I am bitter or anything like that.
Here is to a Merry Christmas and a Blessed New Year.

< Message edited by tjhkkr -- 12/27/2014 8:49:09 PM >

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 183
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 12/30/2014 9:08:00 PM   
Knickers

The Anticipation is killing me! I can't wait to use all of the new races and play with the pre-built maps!

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 184
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 12/30/2014 9:10:35 PM   
Knickers

quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr

quote:

If you are a Jedi Knight then you are in the wrong forum post!

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 185
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/3/2015 7:45:40 PM   
ASHBERY76

Good mod but why is pulse jump freely available in the tree as it makes little sense having the others hyperdrives included.

< Message edited by ASHBERY76 -- 1/3/2015 10:02:39 PM >

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 186
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/3/2015 10:38:14 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ASHBERY76

Good mod but why is pulse jump freely available in the tree as it makes little sense having the others hyperdrives included.

Hello Ashbery76, how have you been? Happy New Year!

There weren't many changes to the research and tech trees in Version 1.0 of this mod. Our upcoming
Version 2.0 (in final Pre-release testing stages now) has many race-specific and other additional
changes and additions to the tech trees. Yes, there are still some original DW hyperdrives and such
left in, which some of the minor, less tech-savy static races will be using. In addition, leaving those
items in allows our mod to flow better if one chooses to play as a pirate or in the Pre-Warp option
of the game.

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 1/3/2015 11:39:14 PM >

(in reply to ASHBERY76)
Post #: 187
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/4/2015 8:14:26 PM   
Sabin Stargem

I have a question about the Shakturi in v2.0's galaxy maps: Is there a fixed location for the beacon that summons them, and where is it? I would like to awake the Shakturi within my lifetime, if possible. I keep trying to summon them in my vanilla game, but it never comes to fruition...

< Message edited by Sabin Stargem -- 1/4/2015 9:15:51 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 188
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/4/2015 8:45:52 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sabin Stargem

I have a question about the Shakturi in v2.0's galaxy maps: Is there a fixed location for the beacon that summons them, and where is it? I would like to awake the Shakturi within my lifetime, if possible. I keep trying to summon them in my vanilla game, but it never comes to fruition...

Hello Sabin Stargem;
I am going to send you a PM to answer your inquiry since it will have "spoilers' in it! :)

(in reply to Sabin Stargem)
Post #: 189
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/5/2015 7:42:48 PM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: Knickers
quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
quote:

If you are a Jedi Knight then you are in the wrong forum post!

With all due respect, I am messing with old hands and old friends on this mod...
IGARD, ESHUMMEL1, DATA... folks who I have known for years now...
Well, as much as you can know someone on a bulletin board.

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 190
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/6/2015 9:33:18 PM   
Hoooooooar

ahhhhh wheres 2.0

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 191
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/6/2015 9:40:09 PM   
FrozenFallout

Soooooooo cant wait for 2.0

(in reply to Hoooooooar)
Post #: 192
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/6/2015 11:44:02 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hoooooooar

ahhhhh wheres 2.0

Hi guys, and Happy New Year! Version 2.0's Pre-release Candidate is in final testing at this moment.
If I'm not being too premature, DAS123 (a.k.a. DAS24680) is recording some of his Let's Play episodes
on his YouTube channel of the 2.0 Version to provide some previewing while testing is completing.
I should be finished with the UFP maps also very soon. Hopefully in about a week, then we'll most
likely release. I'll create a new thread for Version 2.0 at that time. It will be hosted by MediaFire
again as was Version 1.0. Thanks for being patient, ALMOST READY!

(in reply to Hoooooooar)
Post #: 193
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/9/2015 4:09:48 PM   
UnfriendlyBG

wow i just saw the first episode of das' let's play for this and it looks awesome! can't wait to play

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 194
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/9/2015 6:49:53 PM   
winkr7

Okay, when?

(in reply to UnfriendlyBG)
Post #: 195
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/9/2015 7:08:03 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: winkr7

Okay, when?

I'm not committing to a precise date winkr7 but I anticipate have the release out within the next 5 to
10 days. Keep fingers crossed!

(in reply to winkr7)
Post #: 196
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 1:24:32 AM   
Henzington

I know the likely answer is no but I will ask anyway. Do the Borg assimilate other races into borg in 2.0?

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 197
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 4:50:29 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Henzington

I know the likely answer is no but I will ask anyway. Do the Borg assimilate other races into borg in 2.0?

Hello Henzington and welcome to the forum.

Unfortunately no. The Borg (and all the other races) are still forced to operate according to the
Distant Worlds game dynamics and rules. The Borg do not 'assimilate', but they conquer, and they
do it very well.
To compensate, I have designed the Borg to be very tough to deal with and they have
canon technology which can make them seem like they assimilate! Thanks for asking! I think you will
be pleased when you play them, for or against.

(in reply to Henzington)
Post #: 198
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 2:22:48 PM   
Henzington

I figured as much given how dealing with races works in the vanilla game. I have to say love the mod. I have been wanting a 4x Star Trek game every since I played Birth of the Federation many years ago.

< Message edited by Henzington -- 1/10/2015 3:26:32 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 199
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 8:00:00 PM   
ehsumrell1

We're please you approve Henzington. I have been a Trekkie for most of my life and BOTF WAS a big
part of my 4X space game life (along with Star Trek: Starfleet Command as well). It's been a pleasure
to work on this mod from the beginning with the original creator Igard, and to be honored to take this project
and develop a team to run with it.

Once I finish the Picard Era Galaxy maps, immersion will have so much more depth. So let me close
and get back to work! Enjoy the game!

(in reply to Henzington)
Post #: 200
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 11:10:53 PM   
Knickers

Take as much time as you want. I would rather wait and have a great mod, then have an incomplete mod quickly.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 201
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/10/2015 11:48:39 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

Take as much time as you want. I would rather wait and have a great mod, then have an incomplete mod quickly.

Thanks Knickers, that's exactly what our team plans to do!

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 202
RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Univ... - 1/11/2015 4:44:37 PM   
Hunter20nov

quote:

quote:

Thanks Knickers, that's exactly what our team plans to do!

Nope, no, no

I want a early access

Can´t wait.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 203
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 1:40:58 AM   
thefinn12345

In das's playthrough he has a very different UI - it looks trek themed but mine isn't showing up like that at all.

Is this a seperate mod I'm guessing?

(in reply to ghostikailo)
Post #: 204
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 2:44:37 AM   
UnfriendlyBG

well for one thing hes using a version of the mod that isn't released to the public yet....

(in reply to thefinn12345)
Post #: 205
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 3:29:07 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: thefinn

In das's playthrough he has a very different UI - it looks trek themed but mine isn't showing up like that at all.

Is this a seperate mod I'm guessing?

quote:

ORIGINAL: UnfriendlyBG

well for one thing hes using a version of the mod that isn't released to the public yet....

Just for the record, Das123 (a.k.a. Das24680) is a member of our DW "Trek Team". He's been recording with
the Pre-Release Candidate of our Version 2.0 Picard Era mod. He has made his own UI for Distant Worlds that caters to his taste.
In addition, he has also made his own flavored UI, resource icons and related
Galactopedia modifications for his own use and to publish separately as an option "mod-mod" for our
Picard Era mod. Which I have given my support to.

The original Version 1.0 mod that is out now has the 'official' Trek-themed UI for all the races
that I put in. That is why it looks different (@thefinn) than what his "Let's Play Star Trek The Picard Era" recordings show.
The official release of Version 2.0 will also have the 'official' Trek-themed UI. When Das123 has completed his UI version,
I'll be hosting it along with the Version 2.0 mod release on MediaFire as an alternate option. That way, a player may choose between the original Trek
UI or the alternate one if they wish! Hope that explains it!

(in reply to thefinn12345)
Post #: 206
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 4:58:36 AM   
Knickers

Do you have an updated ETA on the mod?

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 207
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 10:52:01 AM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

Do you have an updated ETA on the mod?

All I'll say right now Knickers is that I'm shooting for sometime next weekend. Testing of the
Version 2.0 Pre-Release Candidate is in full force and so far it is performing excellently! Once
the UFP 1400 x 1000 map is complete and tested successfully, I will add it to the mod and release.
I plan to also add a smaller map size for those with less powerful systems, but I'll add that as
a separate upload later. I'll also be starting a new thread for Version 2.0 at release. It will be
hosted through my paid account (No Adware - Direct Download) at MediaFire., as was Version 1.0.
Thanks for your continued support and interest!

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 1/15/2015 11:52:22 AM >

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 208
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 11:58:28 AM   
Nyku

Can't wait anymore since watching DAS' Let's Play ;)
I'll pay with worshipping to make you hurry

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 209
RE: Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe - 1/15/2015 9:42:41 PM   
Knickers

Well you may have thought of this already, but since you already have the mod completed and are only working on the map, then maybe you would consider releasing the mod now, and then releasing the mod with the map as an update when it's ready?

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 210
Page:   <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: RELEASED!! Star Trek The Picard Era Mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  5 6 [7] 8 9   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI