Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Number of maps?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Number of maps? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Number of maps? - 2/1/2015 1:40:33 PM   
prjw73

Not sure if this has already been covered, but how many maps will there be in the Bloody First?

CC hobbyist, creator of mods.
Post #: 1
RE: Number of maps? - 2/1/2015 2:55:01 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

Good question, never we asked it or at least I do not remember the question. But if there are a big grand campaign and several operations, I can not imagine nothing smaller than the amount of maps from the CC3 and perhaps even bigger. At least without a strategic map as at CC5, we would not need play a lot of useless maps.

Other great point will be the map editor. I can see to many people making new maps.

For the record, Steve sayed how the grand campaign could be played only with the allies but you could play operations with the germans. About the multiplayer, we are not sure about how it will be but by his words, I suppose how it will be allies vs germans (axis because there are italians), each human player with a side because Steve sayed how it would not be a cooperative mode with two allied players by example.

(in reply to prjw73)
Post #: 2
RE: Number of maps? - 2/1/2015 3:59:01 PM   
prjw73

I don't mind the CC3 style campaign at all. I do hope it will be just as easy to import and use custom maps so that we can create our custom campaigns .
However, I do not agree with people saying that a linear campaign is better because you can get stuck on a map having to play it over and over again. On a strategic map it will be possible to bypass the map or enter it from a different direction, a big advantage in my opinion.

(in reply to Nomada_Firefox)
Post #: 3
RE: Number of maps? - 2/1/2015 8:20:17 PM   
Tejszd

Interesting question to get answered as the number of maps was reduced in PiTF and GtC to 36 maps instead of 64 of WAR/TLD/LSA.

Was that to
- reduce the work because of the larger scale maps? the newer scale requires 60% larger image for the same size map in meters but I do not believe it increases the coding??
- reduce the work to reduce the cost or release games quicker?

(in reply to prjw73)
Post #: 4
RE: Number of maps? - 2/2/2015 3:02:42 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

quote:

On a strategic map it will be possible to bypass the map or enter it from a different direction, a big advantage in my opinion.

Yes but at the end, the main maps were in the middle of a circle and there were a lot of useless maps around them. However, the worse point was the size, if they had been smaller maps, they had been more fun. CC4 size default size was not too big. Just it was crazy at CC5 and next reeditions. However, the IA always was bad, just at CC2 you can fight faster against the IA because always it goes at your direction and the maps are smaller. But if the IA or you could take some shortcuts around the maps, it had been worse.

quote:

Was that to
- reduce the work because of the larger scale maps? the newer scale requires 60% larger image for the same size map in meters but I do not believe it increases the coding??
- reduce the work to reduce the cost or release games quicker?

And? I do not see the point. At the end, the big scale is a **** and it is worse because we can not add easily new maps. I can make new maps but if I must use photoshop, it takes a lot of time and it is not fun.

But answering your question, probably they did not want to add more maps to GTC because it was faster. But...clearly the GTC maps were not made at 32bits at a first place as we could see at PITF. I feel how they were 16bits maps converted to 32bits. Probably they were made for some mod or some like this.

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 5
RE: Number of maps? - 2/2/2015 7:41:02 PM   
prjw73

I asked because I suspect that the number of maps might be further reduced. I wonder how many you can create based on the battles the 1st US Infantry Division fought. On the Slitherine product info page it says you will fight through 3 campaigns. So, my wild guess is there will be around 30 maps.

Post #: 6
RE: Number of maps? - 2/2/2015 8:22:25 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

30 maps can not be considered reduced. At CC2 there were less of 30 maps and it was very funny. As least here, you can replace them by other maps with the map editor.

Just a feeling but I start to think how some people have not understood how powerful will be a map editor, we are not speaking from a scenary editor, we speak from a program where you can paint your maps as you like. If you take a look at other game communities with map editors, you will see how there are thousands of people making new maps and usually you do not need be Einstein for these things. Look me, I have not been in the university.

(in reply to prjw73)
Post #: 7
RE: Number of maps? - 2/3/2015 1:27:13 AM   
Tejszd

Disagree with you Firefox on the CC4 maps. Some were too small and lacked cover depending on the entry VL that resulted in immediate fire fights between soldiers/tanks and then artillery/mortar support dropping into the small entry map area. There was no tactics on maps like that....

< Message edited by Tejszd -- 2/3/2015 2:33:03 AM >

Post #: 8
RE: Number of maps? - 2/3/2015 8:16:39 AM   
Nomada_Firefox

You can disagree, it is free.;) But you have explained my point, if the IA was not in front of the human player, the game was bad.

Just I say how the IA was always bad and equal at all the games, just it was affected by other matters.

< Message edited by Nomada_Firefox -- 2/3/2015 9:18:49 AM >

(in reply to Tejszd)
Post #: 9
RE: Number of maps? - 2/3/2015 8:49:25 PM   
SteveMcClaire

quote:

ORIGINAL: CC Pete
Not sure if this has already been covered, but how many maps will there be in the Bloody First?

The exact number may change, but it will be in the mid-30s. Probably 36 stock maps. The game will also have an integrated map editor so you can create your own.

Steve

(in reply to prjw73)
Post #: 10
RE: Number of maps? - 2/4/2015 5:02:11 PM   
prjw73

Thanks for letting us know Steve. If there are more finished maps than will be actually used in the campaigns then perhaps you should consider adding them as bonus maps.

(in reply to SteveMcClaire)
Post #: 11
RE: Number of maps? - 2/4/2015 6:21:12 PM   
Nomada_Firefox

After the game be released, I´m sure how we will see many bonus maps made by many different people.

(in reply to prjw73)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Close Combat – The Bloody First >> Number of maps? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI