Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Make sure to set AD priority targets.

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Make sure to set AD priority targets. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Make sure to set AD priority targets. - 2/1/2015 6:01:04 PM   
nedcorleone1

Been playing around with the new patch using the AD introductory scenario. T1 - moved planes, reassigned squadrons, etc. T2 - carefully crafted ADs to suit my purposes. End Turn... the entire 8th Air Force refused to fly. Checking the logs I was greeted with the message "no planes available - mission cancelled" over and over again. Look at everything carefully, tweaked a few things, same message. The 8th made up their mind to not take to the skies over Europe. Finally after about the 5th attempt I noticed that I had not set any target priorities for these guys. Everything was set to "Ignore". That fixed the problem and the mighty 8th finally hit Essen, Cologne, and Hamburg.

tl;dr - Be sure to have at least one target priority or your guys won't fly.
Post #: 1
RE: Make sure to set AD priority targets. - 2/1/2015 6:24:22 PM   
Nico165b165

And a small addition : be sure to have at least one target priority that actually exists in the area. If you target ressource production and there is none in the area, the game will just ignore it. This helps you setting up priorities as you only have to care about those > 0.

(in reply to nedcorleone1)
Post #: 2
RE: Make sure to set AD priority targets. - 2/2/2015 1:18:49 AM   
LiquidSky

I notice in the target priority selection menu, it will give the actual numbers of items for each category beside the name. So if you can use that to help gauge what value to set the priority.

“My logisticians are a humorless lot … they know if my campaign fails, they are the first ones I will slay.” – Alexander the Great

(in reply to Nico165b165)
Post #: 3
RE: Make sure to set AD priority targets. - 2/2/2015 12:35:48 PM   
Chuske

I've done that one as well changed an ADs target but forgot to change the priorities to reflect the target change...... oops. Least the bomber crews got a good rest

The user formally known as jonboym

WITP:AE - Useful Info for Beginners

WitW Tutorials

WitW Beta/Alpha Tester

(in reply to LiquidSky)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West >> Make sure to set AD priority targets. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI