Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Scandavian Air Defenses

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Scandavian Air Defenses Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 9:15:06 PM   
Midcon113

Hi Everyone,

I'm building a new scenario and need some research help. The concept for this "opening act" scenario is that Russia, having failed to prevent Finland and Sweden from fully joining NATO, strikes out against those countries in a surprise air attack.

What I'd like to do is put up a representation of the air defense network for Finland, Sweden and Norway. I've got the Air Force part down as far as bases and fighters, but I'm hitting a road block with air search radar installations. They've got to have some at least I would imagine, but I'm not really finding anything concrete on this. Can anyone point me to a good source for types and locations? This is set in the current day.

Thanks in advance!

Mark
Post #: 1
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 10:02:01 PM   
ClaudeJ

Hi Midcon113,

you may find what you are looking on Baloogan's Wiki Map Index (Imports) page:
http://wiki.baloogancampaign.com/index.php/Import

Your synopsis makes me wanna play your scen already! ;)

(in reply to Midcon113)
Post #: 2
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 10:20:47 PM   
Rudd

Looks like Sweden and Norway may be already done, included in game. Let us know if you find the 12 GM403 locations in Finland.

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 3
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 11:23:41 PM   
NakedWeasel

Interestingly I've already created this scenario and have been playing it for 2 days. I'm running it right now, as a matter of fact. If you'd like, I'll let you have a copy. (be advised, it's a very hefty scenario, with about 4500 AU's at the beginning.)

< Message edited by NakedWeasel -- 2/2/2015 12:30:30 AM >

Though surrounded by a great number of enemies
View them as a single foe
And so fight on!

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 4
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 11:24:29 PM   
Midcon113

quote:

ORIGINAL: Rudd

Looks like Sweden and Norway may be already done, included in game. Let us know if you find the 12 GM403 locations in Finland.

That's exactly what I needed - GM603 = Keva units in Finland, and those are in the include database already. Thanks!

(in reply to Rudd)
Post #: 5
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 11:29:32 PM   
Midcon113

quote:

ORIGINAL: NakedWeasel

Interestingly I've already created this scenario and have been playing it for 2 days. I'm running it right now, as a matter of fact. If you'd like, I'll let you have a copy.

Sure, I'd love to see it! I'm creating this as a first in a series as kind of a spiritual successor to my original Naval Infantry scenario for the original computer Harpoon so we might diverge at some point, but I'd like to see your take on the scenario. PM me?

(in reply to NakedWeasel)
Post #: 6
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/1/2015 11:40:44 PM   
ClaudeJ

quote:

ORIGINAL: Midcon113
That's exactly what I needed - GM603 = Keva units in Finland, and those are in the include database already. Thanks!

The GroundMaster 403 is known as "Keva 2010" in Finnish service, and while we have in the DB3000 (#864 - Radar KEVA 2010 [GM 403 Ground Master]) -- Finland (Air Force), 2012-0, 12x), their position is not in the imports as far as I know.

quote:

In FAF service, the GM-403 is replacing the legacy KEVA Finnish-developed and built medium-range air defence radar which entered service in 1978. KEVA radars are deployed at 18 sites across the country. The KEVA radars will be decommissioned as the GM-403 enters service, with all KEVA radars retiring by the end of 2015.

https://chainhomehigh.wordpress.com/2013/01/17/finland-groundmaster-400-radar-enters-service/

Ilmatilaa valvotaan kellon ympäri

< Message edited by Jan Masterson -- 2/2/2015 12:41:17 AM >

(in reply to Midcon113)
Post #: 7
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/2/2015 5:38:32 AM   
Wolverine1970

Sounds good scenario. Pls keep us informed. One scenario idea is modelling Russian last months flights on Baltic. Recognition flights by Finland, Estonia and Sweden. And tension rises. I don't have knowledge build scenarios yet

(in reply to ClaudeJ)
Post #: 8
RE: Scandavian Air Defenses - 2/2/2015 12:56:13 PM   
Sardaukar

You can use older KEVA locations from existing inst-file. Just reduce numbers from 18 to 12 with some guesstimation about which locations to leave out. While KEVA 2010 is semi-mobile, they are mostly deployed to old positions in peacetime.

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Wolverine1970)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Scandavian Air Defenses Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI