Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Missing part of the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Missing part of the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Missing part of the game - 2/3/2015 5:33:56 PM   
localmaki

After viewing a youtube video I realized I'm playing with half a deck. No patrol search arcs showing on the map for example and no control over replacement pilots. I uninstalled, shut down antivirus, reloaded, updated with the Feb 2014 patch (now I have TRACOM, but nothing more new for pilots). Any idea how to fix this?
Post #: 1
RE: Missing part of the game - 2/4/2015 7:39:05 AM   
Chris21wen

quote:

ORIGINAL: localmaki

After viewing a youtube video I realized I'm playing with half a deck. No patrol search arcs showing on the map for example and no control over replacement pilots. I uninstalled, shut down antivirus, reloaded, updated with the Feb 2014 patch (now I have TRACOM, but nothing more new for pilots). Any idea how to fix this?

I think you have installed up to the last official patch from the date. I cannot remember when the arc were introduced but it maybe with a later Beta you can try the last one.

(in reply to localmaki)
Post #: 2
RE: Missing part of the game - 2/4/2015 9:41:48 AM   
Reg

Search arcs were introduced with the Second Official Patch (v1.00.95 - Dec 7 2009) and updated several times since then so they are hardly new. Simply set search arcs on the Air Unit orders page and they will appear on the map.

If you have the latest official patch you will have access to all these functions - there is no 'lite' version. This game is very complex and not all the features are immediately obvious. Keep experimenting and asking questions. - Heck we're all still learning which is why this forum is so active, even after all these years.

Edit:
Added arrow for Lecivius' post below (click on word to change)

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by Reg -- 2/5/2015 7:52:57 AM >

Cheers,
Reg.

(One day I will learn to spell - or check before posting....)
Uh oh, Firefox has a spell checker!! What excuse can I use now!!!

(in reply to Chris21wen)
Post #: 3
RE: Missing part of the game - 2/4/2015 3:38:39 PM   
Lecivius

As Reg's screen shot shows, do you not have access to change the 'from' to TRACOM, Reserve etc? Also, if you do not have the Maximum Range (lower right of his pic) set out a few hexes or more you will not see any arcs, even when you press the Show Arcs button.

(in reply to Reg)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support >> Missing part of the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI