Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

New version uploaded

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> New version uploaded Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
New version uploaded - 1/10/2015 6:55:41 PM   
FrankHunter

Hello, I posted this in "Support" but thought I should post it here too.

I uploaded a new version of Danube last Sunday but I'm not sure when it will be made available.

Here's a list of changes

1. Overview map should now allow player to jump to a location on main map
2. Fixed other orders screwing up when a partial order was sent.
3. Fixed crash in battle
4. Fixed problem with a couple of bridges over the Danube not allowing units to cross
5. Fixed problem of loading saved games within the game (this may have inadvertently fixed the PBEM problem)
6. Fixed the display of incorrect unit types
7. When using the Find feature to locate a corps commander that counter is now placed on top of the stack

- Because some of the fixes are data, not code, saved games made with prior versions won’t load.

I see there were three bugs mentioned that I didn't know about or find. I will check for them this weekend and replace the version I uploaded last week with a new one.

Thank you for all the help!

Post #: 1
RE: New version uploaded - 1/12/2015 5:57:20 PM   
Kai

Thanks!!!

Hasn't shown up on the download site yet, but can't wait to get it when it does.

(in reply to FrankHunter)
Post #: 2
RE: New version uploaded - 1/13/2015 1:05:58 PM   
Iwbtone

Finally get this game on winter sale becuase now it supports win 7, and thanks for the update again, hope we can download it before this weekend

(in reply to Kai)
Post #: 3
RE: New version uploaded - 1/13/2015 11:15:54 PM   
FrankHunter

In the last couple of days I was able to fix the PBEM problem and the Intelligence reports problem. Just got one more thing to do and then I'll upload a newer version of the new version.

(in reply to Iwbtone)
Post #: 4
RE: New version uploaded - 1/15/2015 12:07:17 AM   
governato

quote:

ORIGINAL: FrankHunter

In the last couple of days I was able to fix the PBEM problem and the Intelligence reports problem. Just got one more thing to do and then I'll upload a newer version of the new version.

that's great!

Post #: 5
RE: New version uploaded - 1/20/2015 6:27:12 AM   
FrankHunter

Hi again, just wanted to clarify I'm still working on that "one more thing". The problem is in full fog games where I caught the playback not properly displaying the movement of certain divisions I was following. The problem stems from the status reports issued by corps commanders every few hours. Sometimes these can get out of sequence.

(in reply to governato)
Post #: 6
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 6:13:45 AM   
RCHarmon

Frank,

I come back to this game from time to time. It's a great game. I am trying to get a game going with a friend, so I hope the PBM fix that is coming will let us get a game going.

Also, we want to use another game to fight the battles, but the miniatures feature doesn't cover all the battles. Or in my test games it doesn't. Do you have an editor built that might allow us to at lest edit the game after we fight the battles with another engine?

Oudinot with the Guard are not in the OOb for the Crisis on the Danube Scenario. Those troops did a lot of fighting historically. I would like to have them in there.

Is there anyway to get Campaigns of La Grande Armee 1806 going on a windows 7?

Post #: 7
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 7:22:45 AM   
FrankHunter

Okay, finished the playback problem in fog of war games finally.

RCH, what would you need in an editor exactly?

The Guard should be in Vienna attached directly to Napoleon.

By the way guys, if I'm not here when you ask me something just email me at fhunter@telus.net

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 8
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 8:28:27 AM   
RCHarmon

I am still playing around with the miniatures function. It might do what we need. I want to try it with the new patch and see where I stand then.

Post #: 9
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 1:05:15 PM   
Agathosdaimon

RCH - i talked about getting La Grande Armee 1806 going in windows 7 in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3776081 - i have it running in win 7, if you need any help pm me.

Has the new version of the patch been uploaded yet? i have been waiting very much for this before i can play the game again

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 10
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 2:19:51 PM   
RCHarmon

General Mack is unable to cross the Danube. It must the same bridge issue that was discovered in the scenario Crisis on the Danube.

Thanks Agathosdaimon.

< Message edited by RCH -- 1/28/2015 3:21:33 PM >

(in reply to Agathosdaimon)
Post #: 11
RE: New version uploaded - 1/28/2015 10:19:36 PM   
FrankHunter

The crossing of the Danube at some locations problem was fixed.

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 12
RE: New version uploaded - 1/29/2015 6:54:07 PM   
ulisin

I'm eager to have the patch!
Your game is very interesting.

Post #: 13
RE: New version uploaded - 1/29/2015 6:56:36 PM   
ulisin

I'm reading petre... and other book. I need to play it...

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 14
RE: New version uploaded - 1/29/2015 11:33:15 PM   
Agathosdaimon

quote:

ORIGINAL: ulisin

I'm reading petre... and other book. I need to play it...

thats awesome - yes there are some stirling books on the periods, the whole period is utterly thrilling every part of it, from the campaigns, the characters, the intrigues, the gambles, etc - i have the Petre books too, but also the one i am enjoying at the moment is Crisis on the Danube by James Arnold. Also i love those big colourful books by J G Hourtoulle -

I love listening to also works such as Tchaikovsky's 4th and 5h symphonies - really just suits the period well for me!

its worth getting all of Petres books as they are great and seemingly quite cheap whenever i come across them

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 15
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 5:34:34 AM   
FrankHunter

Actually it was while reading Petre that I was inspired to do the first game, 1806. I like the way he describes a campaign and how he updates you on where forces are on a particular date and such.

Post #: 16
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 6:26:21 AM   
FrankHunter

There was a problem with the Guards in Vienna during the Crisis on the Danube scenario that prevented them from appearing. Fixed now.

Post #: 17
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 7:38:14 AM   
Rasputitsa

quote:

Hi again, just wanted to clarify I'm still working on that "one more thing". The problem is in full fog games where I caught the playback not properly displaying the movement of certain divisions I was following. The problem stems from the status reports issued by corps commanders every few hours. Sometimes these can get out of sequence.

I noted a couple of items in the 'Patch 3.01 Bugs' thread, but some of this may be covered by the new issue, so waiting to see how it goes.

"In politics stupidity is not a handicap" - Napoleon

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

“Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress" - Napoleon

Post #: 18
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 8:13:11 AM   
ulisin

quote:

Actually it was while reading Petre that I was inspired to do the first game, 1806. I like the way he describes a campaign and how he updates you on where forces are on a particular date and such.

Yes, I've read about this in a interview!

A combination good books + good game is what I search for in wargaming

Another good example for me is Gordon “The Rules of the game” + Steam and Iron SAI-CE (NWS).

And I’ve noticed in the manual that Frank writes
“I wanted to design something that produced a feel for a Napoleonic campaign…
Often, wargames seem a little too chess-like and don´t convey the feel for a campaign that reading a narrative would inspire “.
That’s why, I think, I’ve found so interesting COTD

And that’s why I would have the new patch!
And I would try it in pbem

Music matches are more difficult, for me: Prokofief, Mahler, ligety, cage, Death in june… may be world war II match better than napoleonic period
-)

More than music for me the match is with weather. Often windy and rainy days want naval warfare, spring and autumn Napoleonic, summer and sun and sand want desert war, etc
-)

Post #: 19
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 12:52:35 PM   
Agathosdaimon

HI Frank , there is some stuff in the support section from rasputitsa about units appear on teh incorrect sides - i had noticed this in some games too, have you been able to correct these also?

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 20
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 2:50:34 PM   
RCHarmon

Looking forward to the patch. Still a great game.

Frank's game Campaigns of La Grande Armee had an editor. Could one like that be made available for this game?

I wish Frank would release the new 1806 Napoleonic game.

If the patch is good, I am going to be doing a PBM game where we will use miniatures and will be fighting all the battles using SOW Napoleonic Mod. So, several players will get involved with the battles. Will be good exposure. Especially, with the new SOW game Waterloo coming out in June.

http://norbsoftdev.com/
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1385

It would be nice to have way-points.

Post #: 21
RE: New version uploaded - 1/30/2015 10:56:34 PM   
FrankHunter

Instead of being able to set way-points in a single order what you can do is use the "Additional" button when sending orders, that way the current order isn't cancelled and the new order is pursued only after the current order is finished. Its more work but is pretty much the same as having way-points.

(in reply to RCHarmon)
Post #: 22
RE: New version uploaded - 1/31/2015 3:29:21 PM   
Rasputitsa

Eagerly waiting for the next patch, the crash with battle and confusing unit icon allocation makes it difficult, but it is good enough for practice games.

Enough to get a taste of how the game can be, with a very different 'feel' from most games. Not just ploughing counters around a map, this has the uncertainty and vagaries of the characters of a real army.

Sent orders to Davout, which would have closed the ring around a Coalition army, to see him take his whole corps off in a different direction and capture Klattau, seizing 1700+ enemy supply points. Enough supplies to feed the army on the way to Vienna.

So what do I do, break him to the ranks for disobeying orders, or shower him with new honours, for making the next round of advances possible.

Nice to have an old favourite back, when it's fixed, it will be even better with the update.

“A people which is able to say everything becomes able to do everything” - Napoleon

Post #: 23
RE: New version uploaded - 2/2/2015 12:16:50 PM   
ulisin

In some scenarios infantry units have the icon of cav units!
Always eager to have the patch, i would buy another copy to do a gift, hoping to have new opponents, but i would give a patched game!
Anyway, a very beautiful game

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 24
RE: New version uploaded - 2/2/2015 5:50:01 PM   
ulisin

And art units have cav icons, and viceversa.
Fog of war? It seems too much ...

Beautiful system, i repeat

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 25
RE: New version uploaded - 2/2/2015 11:32:10 PM   
Agathosdaimon

hopefully those mixed up icon images will be fixed with the next patch - Frank, can you say when this new patch may be uploaded?

(in reply to ulisin)
Post #: 26
RE: New version uploaded - 2/3/2015 5:34:30 AM   
FrankHunter

I'm uploading it in about an hour from now. Tamas says he will try and make it available as soon as he can.

Post #: 27
RE: New version uploaded - 2/3/2015 7:36:58 AM   
Rasputitsa

Thanks, waiting in anticipation.

Post #: 28
RE: New version uploaded - 2/3/2015 11:15:25 AM   
Agathosdaimon

will this show up in the members download section for the game?

(in reply to Rasputitsa)
Post #: 29
RE: New version uploaded - 2/4/2015 4:31:52 PM   
Tamas

We are working on the patch and of course it will be available in the members section once ready and tested. Stay tuned. :)

Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [Napoleonics] >> Campaigns on the Danube 1805 - 1809 >> New version uploaded Page: [1] 2 3   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI