Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no MrKane please

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no MrKane please Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/2/2015 8:09:50 PM   
Spidery

November 27th 1943

I-181 sinks a tiny (1000 ton) xAKL in the Santa Cruz area for a single VP.

Allied CA bombard Truk. Not impressed by the ineffectiveness of the Truk Naval Fortress. Only 2 hits from 155 shots with the advantage of firing from a fixed platform and with fire zones already dialled in. Still damage suffered is marginal.
quote:

Night Naval bombardment of Truk at 112,108 - Coastal Guns Fire Back!

Japanese aircraft
no flights

Japanese aircraft losses
H8K2-L Emily: 10 damaged
N1K1-J George: 44 damaged
N1K1-J George: 1 destroyed on ground
Ki-57-I Topsy: 4 damaged

155 Coastal gun shots fired in defense.

Allied Ships
CA Australia, Shell hits 2, on fire
CA Salt Lake City
CA Pensacola
CA Chicago
CA Chester
CA Northampton
DD Wilson
DD Patterson
DD Gwin

Japanese ground losses:
120 casualties reported
Squads: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled
Non Combat: 1 destroyed, 24 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 2 disabled
Guns lost 4 (1 destroyed, 3 disabled)

Airbase hits 4
Airbase supply hits 2
Runway hits 29
Port hits 8
Port fuel hits 2

In the afternoon P-38H sweep and there are still enough N1K1-J airborne to swap 12 lost for 19 downed in the air so that is fair enough.

Nice result at Bandoeng where the Allies try a deliberate attack against the isolated troops. About 10% of the 110th Division has been flown out.
quote:

Attacking force 54272 troops, 1120 guns, 806 vehicles, Assault Value = 1499

Defending force 15017 troops, 67 guns, 84 vehicles, Assault Value = 338

Allied engineers reduce fortifications to 1

Allied adjusted assault: 510

Japanese adjusted defense: 301

Allied assault odds: 1 to 1 (fort level 1)

Allied Assault reduces fortifications to 1

Combat modifiers
Defender: terrain(+), forts(+), supply(-)
Attacker:

Japanese ground losses:
126 casualties reported
Squads: 1 destroyed, 17 disabled
Non Combat: 0 destroyed, 13 disabled
Engineers: 0 destroyed, 1 disabled

Allied ground losses:
987 casualties reported
Squads: 28 destroyed, 40 disabled
Non Combat: 19 destroyed, 22 disabled
Engineers: 5 destroyed, 8 disabled
Guns lost 62 (23 destroyed, 39 disabled)
Vehicles lost 33 (17 destroyed, 16 disabled)

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1771
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/3/2015 11:18:26 AM   
Spidery

November 28th 1943

Light cruisers bombard Truk. The I-154 happens to have stopped off for fuel and is lost to ASW. The Allied forces manage to find 3 mines and take some small damage from shell fire but damage lots of planes. In the morning, Liberators strike but the N1K1-J are flying too high and fail to engage them. This manages to damage so many planes that the P1Y1 on the ground are unable to attack the Allied cruisers in a nice strike distance.

As Allied cruisers can bombard without needing to worry about mines or the coastal guns, Truk is another lost cause. Against the Allied bombers and Lightnings would have tried to make a fight of it but with this...

It will be interesting to see if he invades. If he is planning on doing so then probably a couple of weeks of bombardment and I hope the troops can hold for a few days. So might not be until the end of December he would be in a position to use it to cover an advance on Marianas. That will give me time to get most of the bases to fort 8 and evacuate the engineers and replace them with ground troops.

Allied make another attempt at Bandoeng and lose more VP.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1772
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/3/2015 11:20:01 AM   
Spidery

November 29th 1943

A transport task force is spotted off Cox's Bazaar and Nells from Port Blair fly over 1100 km to strike at it.

Of 23 dispatched 18 get lost en route and only 5 attack, sinking a 3000 ton xAK. Better now take care to avoid CAP in future.

An xAK is lost in the South China Sea to Dutch sub O24 taking with it is cargo of supply for Singapore. Wish he had attacked a resource convoy heading the other way.

RO-107 tries to get at the bombardment force from Truk yesterday and is damaged and heading for repair in the Marianas.

Corsairs sweep Djambi to meet N1K1-J and Ki-43-IV. 25 F4U-1 downed for the loss of 9 N1K1-J and 8 Ki-43-IV. Expect he won't be doing that quite the same again.

11 damaged planes lost on the ground at Truk but I have 2 xAK in place that can evacuate the remaining damaged planes.

Allies have had recon over Singapore, something they have not generally been doing.

Only 8 oil wells left at Palembang now.

Bandoeng falls.

Allied probe at Myitkyina and find the defense solid.

Ki-84r to 12/43

< Message edited by Spidery -- 2/3/2015 12:20:28 PM >

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1773
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/3/2015 12:41:08 PM   
Lowpe

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spidery

November 28th 1943
As Allied cruisers can bombard without needing to worry about mines or the coastal guns, Truk is another lost cause. Against the Allied bombers and Lightnings would have tried to make a fight of it but with this...

Ok, my understanding of mines has really increased thanks to Alfred. The key to hitting shore bombardment forces is undetected and number of minefields.

By far the best use of our subs now is to drop mines at night in places like this. Sub mines are very nasty, and even though very few in number, it is what you need to do to stop shore bombardments. Large, spotted minefields aren't going to do it. They will work against amphibious invasions however.

I can't tell you the number of times I have lost ships to these small minefields.

There are four really good minelaying subs...if you still have them. But any will do in a pinch.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1774
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/3/2015 2:04:17 PM   
Spidery

3 of the mine laying subs are still around. 1 have just laid two minefields (40 mines each) so will be interesting to see what happens next time he bombards.

The first time he bombarded the defense was undetected but primarily that which starts the game there, so probably treated as one minefield.

The complaint, in so far as there is one, regards those Pacific Island groups that are surrounded by coral reefs at a distance. At Truk the reef is about 60km in diameter so to attack the airfield his cruisers need to enter the lagoon and that means one of a few passes that will be mined and covered by naval guns. I expected the Naval guns to do better.

The game has a problem that it can't really distinguish the cases for naval bombardment of an island without reefs (e.g. Guam), or with the reef close in (e.g. Wake), or a large island where the airfields could be 40km from the sea, or an island with a lagoon (e.g., Ponape, Truk). Scenario designers could make adjustments to better reflect the situation. However, it is just a game so it turns out Truk is much less defensible than it would have been, but then Allied subs are neutered, oil flows freely from Hong Kong to Fusan, the Chinese can't defend, and so on...

Offensive minefields don't really cut if for the Japanese because damaging an Allied ship somewhere safe has no significant effect. Whereas damaging it somewhere near Japanese holdings gives a chance for a kill. My mine-laying subs have payed for themselves by sinking the damaged CV Wasp

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1775
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 2:53:22 PM   
Spidery

November 30th 1943

RO-36 takes mild damage near Kavieng and will return to base.

Large mine sweeping force seen approaching Truk, plus some more bombardment forces but no carriers or assault troops seen so far.

December allows the Allies to start getting lots of new good stuff for the American troops. The Type 2 CS-Tank becomes available but I seem to have 225 already active so not sure what that means.

A6M5d-S Zero and Ki-84r Frank enter production both of these could be handy. Ki-84a factories immediately upgrade and I will be producing 185 Ki-84r per month and 40 A6M5d-S.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1776
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 2:54:24 PM   
Spidery

November Overview

Nothing much in the way of offensives but more sub action and the start of Allies suppressing Truk, probably before an invasion. Lost most of Eastern New Guinea. Land and air still trading okay but sea not so good. Feel I should be able to increase the air losses and do better trades.

Japan   Allies
Total:   +364    +1074
Bases:   -167     +200
Air:     +375     +544
Land:    +130     +258
Sea:      +26      +72

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1777
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 2:55:22 PM   
Spidery

November Industry

Palembang, Rangoon, and Balikpapan refineries are off so less fuel produced than expected. Still not so good.

Armaments take a dip as the start of major reinforcements arriving and rebuilding forces lost on Java.

Total Equivalent Supply: +56,000

Oil:     -92,460
Fuel:    -16,496
Supply: +155,565
HI:     +114,094
Veh:      +3,223
Arms:     -1,894

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1778
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 2:56:06 PM   
Spidery

Pilots

100 IJN pilots in TRACOM are working well:
quote:

Accelerated training for 429 IJ Navy pilots from month-cycle 8
IJ Navy instructors accelerate training of 2 pilots from month-cycle 8
Accelerated training for 30 IJ Navy pilots from month-cycle 7

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1779
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 2:57:32 PM   
Spidery

Ship Losses

Either in sub action or around Palembang.

Claimed sinkings a TK and a tiny xAKL by subs, an xAK by Nells, 1 DD to mines, 7 SS. However, I think none of the SS nor the DD are actually sunk.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1780
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 3:00:33 PM   
Spidery

December 1st 1943

Allied minesweepers at Truk clear about half the mines. 8 YMS and 3 Dutch AM are believed sunk by the CD guns and 1 YMS and 1 Dutch AM damaged by the guns are reported sunk by mini-subs. I created 4 mini-subs to see how they worked and managed 1 missed attack on a CA and 2 hits on damaged mine sweepers. Also created some MTB that were useless. Only 1 launched a torpedo and that missed. An Allied DD finds a mine the hard way but is believed still afloat.

RO-144 puts a torpedo into CA Salt Lake City, minor damage inflicted.

A DD puts two Type 2 DC solid hits on SS Truant near the Japanese main islands, it will be a long way back to base for that sub.

Lots of Yugumo class DD are into refit to get radar fitted.

Allied Paras land at Gasmata. The support troops hold out for a day but will probably be lost tomorrow.

Fuel is flowing really easy North from Palembang. I think the key here is that I am pulling from ports to drop them below their fuel demand so the demand is considered important and satisfied quickly. Oil isn't flowing so much but I can turn the refineries on any time enough accumulates at Palembang.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1781
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/4/2015 3:14:00 PM   
MrBlizzard

I believe that Truk could be and was bombarded by an allied fleet without entering in the lagoon.
60km means 32nm; if you want to bombard the center of the lagoon it's just 16nm; even a DD can easily do it.
Mines are often near the shore and intended to prevent landings, not naval bombardments.
CD are often old guns replaced from ships so they're at disvantage against ships. They too are more intended to prevent landings.

Blizzard

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1782
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 10:26:07 AM   
Spidery

December 2nd 1943

I-8 takes a shot at BB Nevada North-West from the French Frigate Shoal but misses. Does engage 3 task forces, 1 with 9 DD, 1 with 5 BB and 5 DD, and another with 2 CA and 5 DD. These are more serious forces and a bit North of where they would be expected if striking at Truk - is he heading direct for the Marianas? Or for Marcus?

25/12/1 damage so will head for the yard.

I-165 is damaged near Kavieng and will head for the yard.

Gasmata falls.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1783
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 10:27:12 AM   
Spidery

December 3rd 1943

Last Chinese Corps isolated in the mountains is destroyed. The experienced 32nd Division will head for Korea and then be bought ought and add to the defense of Hokkaido.

Samarinda (5) and Brunei (3) airfields expand to make it a little easier to base night fighters to protect the remaining oil wells.

Allied forces spotted around Kavieng seem only to be ASW task forces, I wonder if there is any way I can get at them?

First unit upgrades to the Ki-84r in Malaya, wonder when it will see action.

Running low on fuel at Fusan, I guess the reduction in fuel production is beginning to show up at the end of the pipeline.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1784
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 1:16:21 PM   
Lowpe

Amazing intelligence report...you have done so well with the air war losses.

Do you have anything planned: minor operations to throw against the Allies, or are you totally reactive now?

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1785
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 8:44:48 PM   
Spidery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Amazing intelligence report...you have done so well with the air war losses.

Do you have anything planned: minor operations to throw against the Allies, or are you totally reactive now?

Not sure I rate the air war losses that good. I would rather have more losses even if the ratio was not as good in my favour. Land losses are excellent, courtesy of China. Sea losses are not so good, mostly down to inexperience of mine and superior play of MrKane.

I will look for minor options to throw a spanner or two and I have some interesting ideas for when the Ki-74-I is available. However, I can't afford to waste fuel and supply. I would send some cruisers out for some fun but most are in the yard having radar fitted at the moment.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1786
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 8:45:34 PM   
Spidery

December 4th 1943

Quiet

Large Allied BB force seen passing Wake. CA forces spotted South of Truk heading to bombard.

Ki-74-I to 5/45

The 4th Garrison unit disbands at Cam Ranh Bay.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1787
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 8:46:46 PM   
Spidery

December 5th 1943

In the night, a sub fails in an attack on a troop convoy spotted just South of Wake. I then lose sight of it so don't know where it is heading.

The apparent Allied bombardment forces heading for Truk move forward to just normal mission speed range so it looks like he may be getting ready for day bombardments and an invasion. Still no sightings of carriers but I assume they are around here somewhere.

Lay some more mines at Truk, 75 Type 9 and some Type 43. Takes the number of mines back over 300 with 4 fields that are not yet detected. Allied bombardments are having no effect on the Naval fortress so it will be interesting to see how it performs against an invasion. Various torpedo bombers are positioned where they may be able to get long range strikes at forces. I am flying some of the 75mm mountain guns in and some more AT guns into Truk to try and strengthen the defenses.

RO-42 is damaged and RTB.

Allied forces enter the valley near Shwebo. May try some sweeps and ground bombing against them. Allies have expanded Akyab airfield to 5.

Allies land at Port Moresby, there are no defenders left there so it won't be a big battle.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1788
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 9:02:32 PM   
Spidery

In the invasion force I spot 1 AGC, 11 APA, 8 AKA, 16 LST

Is that about a third of his invasion capacity at the moment? So he could have two more invasions on the way? It doesn't look like much troop lift capacity, so could he be coming with just the 1 Marine Division and loads of tanks and artillery?

If he is heading for Truk then that has a 25,000 stacking limit (my troops are about 27,000) and I think it unlikely he would go over a stacking limit of *2 so 50,000. 2 Divisions, some naval support, some tanks and guns, some combat engineers is that about typical?

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1789
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/6/2015 9:47:26 PM   
Lowpe

Truk usually gets bypassed. It has to be one of the nastiest places for the Allies to invade.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1790
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/8/2015 10:50:25 AM   
Spidery

December 6th 1943

Liberators hit the oilfields at Djambi at night. Some Franks and Irvings engage with no good results. However, only 4 oil wells lost.

Allied CAs and CLs bombard Truk. 3 mini-subs are lost to no effect.

Something Allied sinks, not sure if it was a ship damaged here or a sub previously damaged. This is odd, I am seeing 7 land VP picked up today and no land combat to explain this so, maybe, he had a loading accident or a collision and lost a loaded transport?

RO-35 is lost near Wake Island as spot another CL task force and another BB task force. Air search has lost sight of any task forces heading for Truk, are they heading elsewhere?

Sweep over the Allied troops near Shwebo, no Allied defense, and send 27 Helens in at 10,000 feet. Light flak and score some hits so this is promising for causing some trouble. Will move more Helens here.

B7A2 enters production at a rate of 90 per month.

The last defenders on Java surrender.

Port Moresby falls.

The mountain guns didn't fly into Truk, I guess the field was too damaged to land transports. Will try again with float transports.

Ki-46-III KAI Dinah to 3/44.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1791
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/9/2015 12:34:09 PM   
Spidery

December 7th 1943

Djambi hit at night again. 14 oil wells lost. Irvings manage to shoot down 4 Liberators in air-air (2 Irvings and 3 Franks lost).

A carrier task force is spotted near Wake Island. Nice to have confirmation that the central Pacific is the next target but still not clear if Truk is really the target or just a distraction. He is positioned on a direct line to Marcus Island so I think that could be the target.

Float planes can fly troops into a devastated airfield. Land planes seem to be able to lift troops out of a devastated airfield but not fly them in. Is this correct?

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1792
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/9/2015 12:34:57 PM   
Spidery

December 8th 1943

Djambi hit at night again, just 2 oil wells lost. Irvings are putting up a good show (6 Franks, 2 Irvings for 4 Liberators). 4 Liberators a day sounds like a rate the Allies can't sustain for ever.

Have spot on more task forces than I can count (I hate the display limitation of the game) including 3 air-combat task forces, they have moved a little further South towards Eniwetok - he can't just be heading for Eniwetok?

Another group of bombardment task forces heading North from Kavieng towards Truk. RO-33 is damaged and returning to Babeldoab.

Repairs on Shokaku are complete and she will head to join the rest of the KB.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1793
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/10/2015 10:53:29 AM   
Spidery

December 9th 1943

No strikes in the DEI.

The massed Allied fleets are now 1 hex due West of Eniwetok. If he is heading for Truk seems to be making 5-6 hexes a day so will take 3 more days. I-178 puts a torpedo into a BB (North Carolina or West Virginia) and is now returning to base for repairs. Interestingly, he is not detecting my subs around his air task forces which suggests he isn't running much naval search.

Allied paras take an undefended Madang.

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1794
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/10/2015 10:56:02 AM   
Spidery

December 10th 1943

With no reports of bombardment forces approaching Truk I try and sneak I-123 to lay some more mines. Bad guess and I-123 is lost. I think it laid the mines first.

I-153 is damaged, heads for Truk, disbands and is automatically put into pierside mode so with 2 days before it can sail is probably lost.

I-185 puts 2 torpedoes into CA Chester near Truk.

Allies find mines at Truk and a DD is damaged.

I-19 puts 2 torpedoes into CV Yorktown, both trigger fuel storage explosions. She is still afloat and visible as a detached escort task force. The subs in the area will concentrate against her. Also I may try seeing what I can send to Eniwetok or Ponape for a try. I have some Norms at Eniwetok and could fly some Jills over but only with bombs, or I could send the army dive bombers over.

A perfectly managed strike against Djambi sees Hellcats sweeping and clearing the way for the Liberators to come in afterwards and 47 oil wells are knocked out. 32 N1K1-J and 7 Ki-43-IV lost for only 23 F6F-3, not sure why they did so badly.

Allies also close Oosthaven airfield, could they be planning to invade?

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1795
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/10/2015 11:19:59 AM   
Spidery

Updated R&D predictions:

A7M2     July 1944
J7W1     December 1944
N1K5-J   Late August 1944
Ki-83    Mid July 1944
Ki-94-II December 1944

Ki-45 KAId    January 1944
Ki-46-III KAI Late January 1944
Ki-102c       December 1944
P1Y2-S        May 1944

Ki-74-I  Mid June 1944
Ki-115b  October 1944
M6A1     July 1944
B6N2a    March 1944

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1796
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/10/2015 7:30:37 PM   
Capt. Harlock

quote:

I-19 puts 2 torpedoes into CV Yorktown, both trigger fuel storage explosions.

I'd say that easily compensates for I-153!

Civil war? What does that mean? Is there any foreign war? Isn't every war fought between men, between brothers?

--Victor Hugo

(in reply to Spidery)
Post #: 1797
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/10/2015 7:55:47 PM   
Lowpe

Your plane research continues to impress!

What are your thoughts on the air war and on the frames you are flying? You mentioned earlier that you would have liked to inflict more air casualties on the Allies even if it meant trading a higher percentage of your planes.

Is George pretty much your best fighter now...what do you think of the Franks?

Usually my losses are the exact opposite of your recent sweep encounter, where Oscar and Tojo die in large numbers and George hardly touched at all. What were the altitudes you were flying at ....perhaps you had George down low to stop bombers?

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1798
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/11/2015 10:08:06 AM   
Spidery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capt. Harlock

quote:

I-19 puts 2 torpedoes into CV Yorktown, both trigger fuel storage explosions.

I'd say that easily compensates for I-153!

It was nice but I think she got away. Allied damage control is too good and I have not been at all good at hunting down and finishing off damaged carriers.

(in reply to Capt. Harlock)
Post #: 1799
RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no Mr... - 2/11/2015 10:18:13 AM   
Spidery

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

Your plane research continues to impress!

What are your thoughts on the air war and on the frames you are flying? You mentioned earlier that you would have liked to inflict more air casualties on the Allies even if it meant trading a higher percentage of your planes.

Is George pretty much your best fighter now...what do you think of the Franks?

Usually my losses are the exact opposite of your recent sweep encounter, where Oscar and Tojo die in large numbers and George hardly touched at all. What were the altitudes you were flying at ....perhaps you had George down low to stop bombers?

I think the Ki-84a was a waste of time. The Ki-84r has had only the one fight so far, against Spitfires, and was slaughtered. However, I'm hoping for better things later. I still like the Ki-43-IV. The N1K1-J is my best fighter but I have taken over 1000 in losses.

Do you mean this sweep?

quote:

32 N1K1-J and 7 Ki-43-IV lost for only 23 F6F-3,

There were not many Ki-43-IV there (about 20) flying LRCAP from Singapore over Djambi at 5000 feet. The N1K1-J had about 80 present flying 45 of them at 41,000 feet and the rest at 26,000 feet. The big losses occur when a sweep heavily outnumbers the defenders (such as when 125 Thunderbolts arrive in one go). So what seems to have happened is the early sweeps cleared the Ki-43-IV and the later sweeps chewed up smaller numbers of N1K1-J.

(in reply to Lowpe)
Post #: 1800
Page:   <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> After Action Reports >> RE: Castles in the Sand - Spidery(J) vs MrKane(A) no MrKane please Page: <<   < prev  58 59 [60] 61 62   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI