Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Re-installing the game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Re-installing the game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Re-installing the game - 2/14/2015 1:04:17 AM   
tom730_slith

Hi!
I got the game a while back, I guess maybe 3 months after release. I loaded it on my best available machine, which is also a video switcher (NewTech Tri-Caster)
It's been working out great until I recently had to use the Tri-Caster for its "intended purpose."
We got a message that WIF and another program might interfere with the normal function of the switching system. Since we couldn't take a chance on the switcher going bad during our event I had my guys back up all my saved games and delete the program.
Now I just need to know the best way to re-install. My original installation was via online download. I still have the disc that came with the books and have not used it yet.
Can I download again or use the disc?
Any help would be MUCH appreciated! I'm still under the weather following my event, but should be able to get to this soon and am already missing getting into the game!
Thanks,
Tom
Post #: 1
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/14/2015 1:14:06 AM   
Missouri_Rebel

Yeah just use the disk and then update from the game menu. You could then apply the latest beta patch. it would save you from re-downloading the whole thing again.

**Those who rob Peter to pay Paul can always count on the support of Paul
**A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have-Gerald Ford

(in reply to tom730_slith)
Post #: 2
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/14/2015 1:39:40 AM   
Dorb

I applied the patch and had several pops up that said retry or cancel. I hit cancel as retry would not work, then it finished. Now when I try to start game it says - Failed to extract project file to memory. Never had this problem before the patch.

(in reply to Missouri_Rebel)
Post #: 3
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/19/2015 1:46:45 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dorb

I applied the patch and had several pops up that said retry or cancel. I hit cancel as retry would not work, then it finished. Now when I try to start game it says - Failed to extract project file to memory. Never had this problem before the patch.

This seems to be a problem with the Updater software. Most often that is caused by Anti-Virus software.

This is outside of my area of expertise.

Try contacting the Matrix Help people if you are still having this problem.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Dorb)
Post #: 4
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/19/2015 9:53:48 AM   
cfc20045

I get the same errors, never had the errors before for all the other patch updates! The check for update option loads version 1.3.3, is this a 'LIVE' non-beta version now, I don't recall any communication to say it had been released?? I've had to re-install from the disk, but now how do I go about upgrading to the latest version as the auto-update option is now not safe to use.

“My centre is giving way, my right is in retreat, situation excellent. I attack.”

~ Ferdinand Foch

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 5
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/19/2015 8:43:28 PM   
paulderynck

Did you disable your anti-virus first? This trouble seems often to be associated with that.

The announcement about 1.3.3 is in the "stickies" at the top of the main forum, third one down.

Paul

(in reply to cfc20045)
Post #: 6
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/20/2015 3:46:07 AM   
tom730_slith

Thanks for the help. I have it up and running again, but haven't been able to "update."
Can someone send me a link to the latest update? I had done the update that came out last fall on my other machine, so either that or a newer one would be great.
Thanks for helping a WW2 historic gaming fanatic who is also a "cyber-moron." Love the computer but am just not good at making it work!

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 7
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/20/2015 4:11:25 AM   
paulderynck

You can go to the Members Club and download and install the latest beta version 1.3.3. Doing it that way, you don't need to run the updater.

Paul

(in reply to tom730_slith)
Post #: 8
RE: Re-installing the game - 2/20/2015 5:17:06 AM   
tom730_slith

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I got caught up reading an AAR -great stuff! Hope to figure out how to do that some day as well.
Thanks again for an incredibly fun game!

(in reply to paulderynck)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Re-installing the game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI