Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/13/2015 4:52:37 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nyku

Oh I'm sorry. I did not notice the post on page 2 despite skimming the thread.
Well I'm just gonna wait for an official answer and maybe upload this evening (it's 11:15am here ^^)

Hello again Nyku, or respectfully Guten Tag!

Upon seeing your true intent, and clarification from one of my team members, You have my permission.
Please forward to me via PM the site link when you have it completed so I may have it in my records
and can forward the information to the sources I need to. Thanks for the added exposure!

Danke schön,

Ed & the Trek Team

Shields are useless in "The Briar Patch"...

(in reply to Nyku)
Post #: 121
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/14/2015 5:30:32 PM   
sykokurt

Hello,
The game, with this installed, can't start because it can't load "troop_32.png". I can't figure out why this error is popping up, although there definitely is not a troop_32.png anywhere in the files. Am I supposed to install something else as well? Or what...thanks in advance!

I am running the latest version of Universe (1.9.5.0 or something like that), and no other mods have been installed.

< Message edited by sykokurt -- 2/14/2015 6:32:09 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 122
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/14/2015 5:34:30 PM   
sykokurt

Oh...I probably should've read further in the installation...nevermind :P

(in reply to sykokurt)
Post #: 123
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/15/2015 3:01:25 AM   
tjhkkr

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1
quote:

ORIGINAL: tjhkkr
Job well done, Ed, congratulations to you and your team.

I still say Luxuna Troi should be a weapon of Mass Destruction -- but I know you could not follow all of my suggestions.
Well done!

Thanks for the kind words TJ!

I did consider your request, but Deanna would have gotten upset. Just FYI, I did tweak her stats as an
Ambassador though in honor of your suggestion.

By the way, as mentioned in the credits, thank you for all the early assistance and support you
gave Igard and I, 'in the beginning' of all this.

I saw that; you are too kind me. Thank you!

Remember that the evil which is now in the world will become yet more powerful, and that it is not evil which conquers evil, but only love -- Olga Romanov.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 124
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/15/2015 10:14:18 PM   
ponasozis

Umh i am the only one who noticed federation AI does not build transport ships at all and can never invade a planet effectively ?
because it seems to be the case in my two games now

(in reply to tjhkkr)
Post #: 125
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/15/2015 11:28:50 PM   
ehsumrell1

quote:

ORIGINAL: ponasozis

Umh i am the only one who noticed federation AI does not build transport ships at all and can never invade a planet effectively ?
because it seems to be the case in my two games now

Hello ponasozis;

This is the first that I've heard of this issue. There was only two changes/additions to the Federation
Troop Transport ship design template concerning this mod. Look into the mods' 'designTemplate\Federation'
folder. If there is a "trooptransport" design file present, everything should work according to the Distant Worlds game logic.

A suggestion: Enter the Game Editor, then under Edit Empires, select the Federation, then select the
tab for ships & bases. Upload a screenshot here for us to review what ships are shown/built and which
are not. Then we can investigate. At present, with just the info you've told us, my only guess is that
possibly the Federation 'trooptransport' file is corrupted. Possibly during download or the uncompressing
process. I've seen that happen on occasion with a certain Ferengi image file before.

Nevertheless, attached here is a working Federation trooptransport template file.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ehsumrell1 -- 2/16/2015 12:32:19 AM >

(in reply to ponasozis)
Post #: 126
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/16/2015 11:06:51 AM   
ravincravin

Note, if you do not see Troop Transports, Carriers or Resupply Ships in you ship design screen after you finished their respective research category, than you will have to manually design those ships yourself.

The research items that must be finished before these ships are allowed to be built are:

Troop Transport - Transport Systems (high tech research screen)
Carriers - Star Fighters (weapons research screen)
Resupply Ships - Accelerated Construction (energy research screen)

We hope you will find this as only a minor inconvenience.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 2/16/2015 12:09:38 PM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 127
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/16/2015 7:32:06 PM   
Knickers

Is it normal that when you begin a game as the Federation that you do not start out with scientists?

(in reply to ravincravin)
Post #: 128
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/16/2015 7:59:37 PM   
ravincravin

Hi Knickers,

I just looked at the characters files for the Federation and all of the Scientists are set NOT to be present at the start of the game. One scientist, the "Traveler" is flagged with a "?" which I believe he will arrive randomly.

Enjoy! Live long and prosper.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 129
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/16/2015 10:57:31 PM   
Knickers

The lack of a scientist as well as much of a science bonus using the government style of Federation sort of hinders your scientific achievement if you start a game as the Federation, which would be understandable in some races that are not as scientifically-driven as the Federation, a race that I have believed to be involved in this field. However, the Federation is up to the interpretation of the creators of this mod of course.

I started a new game recently and just out of curiosity, used the game editor to spawn in the Traveler.

< Message edited by Knickers -- 2/16/2015 11:58:14 PM >

Post #: 130
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 1:17:16 AM   
Knickers

I understand why ponasozis is encountering this, in my current FED game, I set up the Ferengi for example, to have PreWarp technology, while mine began at starting. The Ferengi have already adapted troop transports while we have not.

ALSO, according to ravincravin we need Transport Systems to be able to create Troop Transports. In my current game we have transport systems researched yet we still have no capability of creating Troop Transports.

At this point, the game has progressed to the point that we are fighting the borg.

I am able to create designs for troop transports

< Message edited by Knickers -- 2/17/2015 2:34:07 AM >

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 131
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 1:53:05 AM   
ehsumrell1

I don't know...maybe I don't make things clear enough to all.

The Star Trek The Picard Era mod is a compilation of ideas, logic, and interpretation of
canon, near-canon, and not-so-canon to the extent that the Distant Worlds Universe game
allows us to do. In addition, the many ways that you can play Distant Worlds Universe are
all incorporated so that a happy medium can be made for ALL PLAYERS. Also, remember
that the 'root' game dynamics of Distant Worlds are written within the game's executable file
and 'any' mod has to either work with, or work around those dynamics.

Again, for the nth times 2 occasion, I will state the "canon" Star Trek logic used in our mod.
"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one!"

The MOST IMPORTANT thing that was sought after in this mod was play balance for ALL 30 races. To
do that, there are what to some may be thought-provoking or "why did they do that" knee-jerk
reactions to certain aspects of the mod. I'm not expecting players to not voice their 'personal'
opinions as to how they feel concerning the way a game aspect was designed. What I do ask though is
to realize the aforementioned fact that we did out best to please as many players as possible. Our
mod entailed many hours, weeks and months of hard, detailed work. All given FOR FREE to help
the mod be enjoyable and add to the value of owning Distant Worlds Universe.

So, in closing, I respectfully request that future posts concerning this mod version be made with
the aforementioned ideology in mind. That way, we can spend more time planning the future mods our
team intends to provide you.

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 132
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 5:24:32 PM   
Knickers

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to impose anything. It is my fault I don't often follow the comments section on these posts besides to make comments and reply to those who reply to me.

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 133
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 6:50:54 PM   
Knickers

I have confirmed it, there is a problem with troop transports in the federation:

http://prntscr.com/66e271

In the upper screenshot I have created an empire with tech level 7, meaning that just about everything should be unlocked, however in the ship build screen as you can see, I do not have the capability to create troop transports. I think the problem is that the AI isn't making Troop Carrier ship designs.

< Message edited by Knickers -- 2/17/2015 7:53:28 PM >

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 134
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 7:41:29 PM   
Bingeling

Check latest designs (not latest buildable) in the design list to see if there is one. It either does not exist, or it is too large (which sounds unlikely, but...).

And make sure that the troop carrier tech is there, to make sure it is not an issue with research progress.

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 135
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 8:08:17 PM   
ravincravin

Hi Guys, There is some kind of quirk where once the research is finished or it is finished at the beginning of the game, that the switch allowing those designs to show up on the ship design lists is not getting triggered.

This is no big thing, design those ships yourself and you will be able to build them.

This is a human player only thing. Believe me, in my current game the AI is using plenty of carriers and troop transports against me.

Enjoy, Live long and prosper.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 136
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 8:28:51 PM   
Knickers

Yes that is the glitch, the AI is not automatically creating troop carrier designs. All of the components are there.

(in reply to Bingeling)
Post #: 137
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 8:35:33 PM   
Unreal2004

Holy crap, I am only on year 2260 as the Breen and Species 8472 just arrived and is STEAMROLLING every single one of my bases (thankfully not my colonies), my ships are no match AT ALL, 8472 is using about 20 ships at one time on me at each point................wow..............now I know how the Borg felt and they were 100-110 years ahead of where I am at......

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 138
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 9:30:00 PM   
Unreal2004

Well this is a pointless map now, no matter what I do now I cant build anything, they just wiped out every single station and all my ships, they leave the planets alone but nothing else, worst part is your alliances do nothing to help since you havent declared war. So about 45 stations and over 400 ships, all blown up by an AI that has at least 3 levels above me, never stood a chance. EDIT: Also I tried to send spies to find their base, both the territory map and operations map were successfully stolen and BOTH showed NOTHING, no base, no ships, nothing.

< Message edited by Unreal2004 -- 2/17/2015 10:40:44 PM >

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 139
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 9:31:39 PM   
ravincravin

Knickers, here is a picture of an AI Troop Transport, that being of the Borg race, from my current game. I am playing the Romulans. I also spotted Borg Carriers.

Obviously the AI IS CREATING TROOP TRANSPORTS.

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 140
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 9:42:06 PM   
ravincravin

Unreal2004, We never said this would be an easy UFP map scenario. The Legendary Bandits can be an oppressive force early on in the game. In my game, I was lucky that they offered me a Protection Agreement and left me alone.

Try a different race, you may be luckier with it.

Yeah Unreal2004, I did the same thing with the spies in the past. Once you get the popup saying the spies were successful, you have to look around the main map screen for a flag. I found it doesn't tell you in the Treaty screen that their base is known.

Enjoy, live long & prosper.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 2/17/2015 10:52:22 PM >

Post #: 141
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 9:50:45 PM   
Knickers

You misunderstand. When I say "the AI", I mean the AI that automatically makes designs for the Federation if while playing as the federation you set design creation to fully automated. I know that other races do automatically make troop transports.

< Message edited by Knickers -- 2/17/2015 10:51:08 PM >

Post #: 142
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 9:52:02 PM   
Knickers

That's awesome! I haven't gone that far with my map but it sounds like great fun haha

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 143
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 10:07:05 PM   
ravincravin

Sorry Knickers, After I designed a troop transport, my AI asked me to make troop transports. I have my ship build on "advise".

Are you sure the AI has a need to build them? Check you Empire Policy Screen and make sure you're producing a surplus of troops over the garrison size. Adjust Number of troops to be build at each colony and garrison size so you got troops to load. That may be you reason for the AI not bothering to build troop transports.

Yeah sorry again Knickers, you're talking apples and I'm responding with oranges. I'm putting my ship design screen on "automatic" and test to see if it updates my design. If you're waiting to see if "upgrade" produces a new design of a troop transport, let me know if it happens.

Enjoy. Live long & prosper

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 2/18/2015 12:50:38 AM >

(in reply to Knickers)
Post #: 144
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/17/2015 11:37:19 PM   
Unreal2004

quote:

ORIGINAL: ravincravin

In my game, I was lucky that they offered me a Protection Agreement and left me alone.

Once you get the popup saying the spies were successful, you have to look around the main map screen for a flag. I found it doesn't tell you in the Treaty screen that their base is known.

I got the protection agreement too and I accepted it but they still shot me to pieces LOL. As for the second part I will look for their base tomorrow after work. Thanks!!

< Message edited by Unreal2004 -- 2/18/2015 12:37:47 AM >

Post #: 145
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/18/2015 12:23:17 AM   
ravincravin

Unreal2004, you may have attacked one of their ship which provoked them to cancel the protection agreement. Some other race might be paying them to attack you. Check the Pirate Missions along the left edge of the screen to see if that is the case. Either way, you might be better off loading an older game while the protection agreement is still in effect.

Take my post about the spies with a grain of salt. I am recalling that from an old game played (not this mod).

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by ravincravin -- 2/18/2015 1:25:01 AM >

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 146
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/18/2015 12:35:00 AM   
sykokurt

Okay, so this issue has been occurring for a little while, and it's really bugging me with both this version and 1.0 of STPE. Whenever I go into the game to select the STPE theme, it loads for a little while, and then says it can't load one of the files, after which it exits to desktop. I am running 1.9.5.10, but I'm not sure what is at fault here. Any help?

Post #: 147
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/18/2015 12:36:27 AM   
Knickers

It's all good,

I manually control ship building, the thing that I automate is ship design, and the A.I. doesn't create troop transport designs automatically for the Federation.

In response to this behavior I created my own troop transport designs and now I am able to build them.

Post #: 148
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/18/2015 1:30:54 AM   
btd64

quote:

ORIGINAL: ehsumrell1

I don't know...maybe I don't make things clear enough to all.

The Star Trek The Picard Era mod is a compilation of ideas, logic, and interpretation of
canon, near-canon, and not-so-canon to the extent that the Distant Worlds Universe game
allows us to do. In addition, the many ways that you can play Distant Worlds Universe are
all incorporated so that a happy medium can be made for ALL PLAYERS. Also, remember
that the 'root' game dynamics of Distant Worlds are written within the game's executable file
and 'any' mod has to either work with, or work around those dynamics.

Again, for the nth times 2 occasion, I will state the "canon" Star Trek logic used in our mod.
"The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one!"

The MOST IMPORTANT thing that was sought after in this mod was play balance for ALL 30 races. To
do that, there are what to some may be thought-provoking or "why did they do that" knee-jerk
reactions to certain aspects of the mod. I'm not expecting players to not voice their 'personal'
opinions as to how they feel concerning the way a game aspect was designed. What I do ask though is
to realize the aforementioned fact that we did out best to please as many players as possible. Our
mod entailed many hours, weeks and months of hard, detailed work. All given FOR FREE to help
the mod be enjoyable and add to the value of owning Distant Worlds Universe.

So, in closing, I respectfully request that future posts concerning this mod version be made with
the aforementioned ideology in mind. That way, we can spend more time planning the future mods our
team intends to provide you.

Perfect....GP

Intel i7 4.3GHz 10th Gen,16GB Ram,Nvidia GeForce MX330

AKA General Patton

WPO,WITP,WITPAE-Mod Designer/Tester
DWU-Beta Tester
TOAW4-Alpha/Beta Tester

"Do everything you ask of those you command"....Gen. George S. Patton

(in reply to ehsumrell1)
Post #: 149
RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod ... - 2/18/2015 1:44:37 AM   
Knickers

Well it's pretty close to cannon then, if Species 8472 were to attack the Federation in the Picard Era then the Federation would be heavily outgunned.

(in reply to Unreal2004)
Post #: 150
Page:   <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding >> RE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED! Star Trek The Picard Era mod for DW:Universe Page: <<   < prev  3 4 [5] 6 7   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI