Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Sound

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Sound Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Sound - 2/20/2015 12:42:07 PM   
Nukes

Just got the game, playing Cherbourg, really enjoying it. I only wished I had pulled the trigger earlier (no pun intended of course). I have the sound turned on, however when I click on the choices ( music only etc.) it is grayed out and unavailable. Thanks for the help in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 12:18:07 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nukes

Just got the game, playing Cherbourg, really enjoying it. I only wished I had pulled the trigger earlier (no pun intended of course). I have the sound turned on, however when I click on the choices ( music only etc.) it is grayed out and unavailable. Thanks for the help in advance.

Info required: Version, your PC system, maybe the Opart.ini file, too.

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 2
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 3:59:08 PM   
Nukes

TOAW III, Windows 7. Danke

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 3
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 4:04:01 PM   
Nukes

Perhaps you have advice on this as well. What is the process of downloading and saving a new game? Thanks.

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 4
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 5:39:07 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

I have the sound turned on,

How do you know you have the sound turned on ? Did you make any changes to the Opart.ini file ? [There is a 'nosound' option in the ini file that will cause the options to be greyed out].

quote:

What is the process of downloading and saving a new game?

Do you mean a new scenario ? If yes, download it and save it to one of the scenario folders in the main OPART folder.

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 5
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 8:56:37 PM   
Nukes

Made no changes. That states nosound=n in that folder. Strange. Also downloaded Arnhem. Placed it in the correct folder and nuttin. Do you need to restart?

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 6
RE: Sound - 2/21/2015 9:43:31 PM   
rjantzi

Hi Nukes,

I asked the same question a few years back. Look back thru the forum to find my post named,"user made scenarios" - 5/15/2011 5:09:51 AM. The responses are very detailed and helped me figure this out.

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 7
RE: Sound - 2/22/2015 5:46:37 PM   
Nukes

Did exactly what you said, downloaded alt graphics as well followed all the directives and still nothing. And still no sound.

< Message edited by Nukes -- 2/22/2015 6:47:56 PM >

(in reply to rjantzi)
Post #: 8
RE: Sound - 2/22/2015 10:40:05 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Made no changes. That states nosound=n in that folder. Strange. Also downloaded Arnhem. Placed it in the correct folder and nuttin. Do you need to restart?

I've been in this situation before and the first time I looked it wasn't listed in the list of available scenarios and so I did an Alt-Tab to
get to another application to fix the problem and then did an Alt-Tab to get back to TOAW and there was the same list showing so
I found that I had to get TOAW to read what files were in the directory a second time to get the correct list. I don't remember
having to restart.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/22/2015 11:40:42 PM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 9
RE: Sound - 2/22/2015 10:44:54 PM   
larryfulkerson

quote:

Did exactly what you said, downloaded alt graphics as well followed all the directives and still nothing. And still no sound.

So um......to give you specific advice I'm going to need you to explain to me what you mean by "still nothing". Try explaining
like you were talking to a small child. And I had the "no sound" problem one time and found that I had to use the operating
system ( W7 ) to read my microphone again after I unplugged it and plugged it back in to fix the message no microphone.
It fixed the problem with my microphone and THAT allowed me to calibrate the sound system to finish the wizard that makes
your sound system work. Finally. So maybe you need to go to the control panel and monkey around with your sound system.
Calibrate it again or something.

I hope I didn't muddy the waters even worse.

< Message edited by larryfulkerson -- 2/22/2015 11:46:11 PM >

If we're all created in the image of god then why aren't we all invisible?

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 10
RE: Sound - 2/24/2015 4:23:38 PM   
Nukes

Yes that is the situation with downloaded scenarios, they don't appear at all in the folders I saved them in. I'll give your steps a shot and see what turns up, thanks.

(in reply to larryfulkerson)
Post #: 11
RE: Sound - 2/24/2015 8:08:23 PM   
sPzAbt653

quote:

downloaded scenarios, they don't appear at all in the folders I saved them in.

Hmm ... maybe the scenarios were made with an older version of TOAW. Try opening the editor, then see if you can find the scenarios and open them with the editor, then save them while in the editor. Then try to play them.

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 12
RE: Sound - 2/27/2015 6:45:52 PM   
Nukes

First of all I would like to thank everyone who has extended me assistance, it is appreciated. I have checked the opart file and there is a Nosound=N. Is there anything in particular I should do at this point. Thank you.

(in reply to sPzAbt653)
Post #: 13
RE: Sound - 2/27/2015 6:59:57 PM   
Meyer1

Nosound=N is correct. Actually, just tested, and if you have "Nosound=Y" then you would experience the exact problem that you posted.(sound options grayed out)

Is not working With Nosound=N?

(in reply to Nukes)
Post #: 14
RE: Sound - 2/27/2015 7:08:14 PM   
Nukes

Yes not working with Nosound=N

(in reply to Meyer1)
Post #: 15
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Norm Koger's The Operational Art Of War III >> Sound Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI