Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Stacking limits

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Stacking limits Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Stacking limits - 2/20/2015 8:35:48 PM   
karmannkc

Hey so I'm playing around with stacking limits and I was curious if anyone knew what the penalties for breaking the limit and the varying degrees to which thatlimit is broken. Is there any data available?

I ask because I was planning on reinforcing Midway with another base force and an Inf Battalion that will put the total troops at ~6400. 400 over the 6000 limit. I know supplies will dry up faster, but will it be prohibitively faster? Anyone got experience is said matters?

Thanks in advance.
Post #: 1
RE: Stacking limits - 2/20/2015 9:06:22 PM   
HansBolter

I don't think anyone has hard data.

I have had about 6,160 stacked at Wake for over a year with no discernible impact.

Anecdotal evidence from other players is about all you can hope for short of sandboxing a test for yourself.

Hans

(in reply to karmannkc)
Post #: 2
RE: Stacking limits - 2/20/2015 9:14:42 PM   
karmannkc

Ok. Cool yeah I was seeing if there were any statistical breakpoints. But your anecdotal evidence is certainly helpful, Thank You Hans!

(in reply to HansBolter)
Post #: 3
RE: Stacking limits - 2/21/2015 6:05:49 PM   
jmalter

Anecdotally, I'm confident in overstacking a 6,000-limit island by 10-12% w/ no adverse effect.

< Message edited by jmalter -- 2/21/2015 7:06:21 PM >

(in reply to karmannkc)
Post #: 4
RE: Stacking limits - 2/21/2015 7:40:51 PM   
witpqs

I don't have any formulas on hand, but I recall that at least rough formulas were posted by the developers. There is a supply penalty, a disruption penalty, and a fatigue penalty. The disruption and fatigue penalties are not huge but will have an impact.

All of the penalties increase such that if you go way over (several hundreds of percent) you just can't sustain it, especially for supply. For example if you over stack by 200% (meaning you are at 300% of the stacking limit) you will notice it very difficult to get units' disruption below the teens and you will have to feed in lots of supply. With adequate planning you can do that for a time, but only for a time. I think that is part of the intent of the design.

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 5
RE: Stacking limits - 2/21/2015 7:48:31 PM   
Bullwinkle58

quote:

ORIGINAL: jmalter

Anecdotally, I'm confident in overstacking a 6,000-limit island by 10-12% w/ no adverse effect.

I routinely stack 8000-9000 on 6000-man islands. Not a problem. 6000 is just below the breakpoint where you can defend the place as well as conduct air ops.

The Moose

(in reply to jmalter)
Post #: 6
RE: Stacking limits - 2/22/2015 4:08:12 PM   
Yaab

Are those additional men packed somewhere on a xAK Liberty Reef?

(in reply to Bullwinkle58)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Stacking limits Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI