Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Deal of the Week...great deals!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/16/2015 11:40:56 AM   
wings7

This week's deal "Mark H. Walker's Lock 'n Load: Heroes of Stalingrad" makes it's debut on the Deal of the Week ! The discount is a little disappointing but I'm still grateful. The game has gotten great reviews and it is shades of the benchmark "Advanced Squad Leader"! Happy Gaming Everyone!

Patrick

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

(in reply to aaatoysandmore)
Post #: 421
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/16/2015 8:42:04 PM   
aaatoysandmore

OMG it's here!!! mine mine all mine thank you thank you thank you Iain, a million times thank you. I've been waiting for this one for a long long time.

Also why is my type like my type writer ribbon is wearing out?

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 422
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 3:02:43 PM   
wings7

Are we having a Deal this week?

Patrick

Please come and join and befriend me at the great Steam portal! There are quite a few Matrix/Slitherine players on Steam! My member page: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197988402427

Post #: 423
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 5:26:28 PM   
InlandIsland

quote:

ORIGINAL: wings7

Patrick

I was thinking the same thing. I look forward to checking the front page each Monday for the weekly deal.

The front page seems to be badly designed. It's cluttered and the sliding panels at the top go around too quickly. If they have a sale on any of their games then those sales should be at the top of the page in a large banner.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 424
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 5:40:08 PM   
Orm

Why not a newsletter with information what the weekly deal is?

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to InlandIsland)
Post #: 425
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 5:59:14 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

Patrick

Good grief......... They'll get to it when they get to it.......

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 426
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 6:01:05 PM   
warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

Patrick

warspite1

I say Aurelian old chap - you appear to have your grumpy knickers on - has the Empress been reacquainting you with her kitchen implements once more

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 427
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 7:53:01 PM   
Aurelian

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

ORIGINAL: Aurelian

quote:

Patrick

warspite1

I say Aurelian old chap - you appear to have your grumpy knickers on - has the Empress been reacquainting you with her kitchen implements once more

Nahhh. Just grumpy over how badly I'm playing WiTW PBEM.... :)

As for the Empress, we're going to the range today. Got a Yugo 22/47 Mauser I want her to shoot (evil chuckle.)

If the Earth was flat, cats would of knocked everything off of it long ago.

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 428
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/23/2015 11:07:18 PM   
Groth

I still hope for a deal this week. My "would by on sale list" is big enough.

(in reply to Aurelian)
Post #: 429
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/24/2015 6:31:16 PM   
wings7

This week's deal 3 games for the iPad "Battle of the Bulge", "Drive on Moscow" and "Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein" makes it's debut on the Deal of the Week ! I'm a PC player myself so I don't have much of an opinion...they look good though! Happy Gaming everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to Groth)
Post #: 430
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/25/2015 1:05:40 AM   
aaatoysandmore

I thought the ipad was a computer small pc? Thas what MrsWargamer led me to believe. You mean you can't play these on a regular PC?

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 431
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/25/2015 2:12:46 AM   
Fallschirmjager

quote:

This week's deal 3 games for the iPad "Battle of the Bulge", "Drive on Moscow" and "Desert Fox: The Battle of El Alamein" makes it's debut on the Deal of the Week ! I'm a PC player myself so I don't have much of an opinion...they look good though! Happy Gaming everyone!

Patrick

Great games for a great price

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 432
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 2/27/2015 4:31:54 AM   
Ranger33

Grabbed the bundle as I have heard great things about the Battle of the Bulge game since it came out. I've really enjoyed wargaming on my iPad lately, so this will be a good addition to the mix. So far only played the tutorial but it seems to offer a nice balance between depth and accessibility.

(in reply to Fallschirmjager)
Post #: 433
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/1/2015 9:30:03 AM   
Alan Sharif

These look like really excellent games, but I do not own an ipad.

A Sharif

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 434
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/1/2015 12:24:32 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Grabbed the bundle as I have heard great things about the Battle of the Bulge game since it came out. I've really enjoyed wargaming on my iPad lately, so this will be a good addition to the mix. So far only played the tutorial but it seems to offer a nice balance between depth and accessibility.

Joe, could you post a picture of the iPad with the game on the screen?

Patrick

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 435
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 2:20:51 AM   
Ranger33

quote:

Patrick

Sure thing. The file was too large to upload to the forum so here is a link. As you can see the game looks super crisp on the iPad. The game can also be played on your iPhone if you have one, which is awesome for work

I failed miserably at the shorter Race to the Meuse scenario on my first try. I didn't even reach Bastogne, much less the Meuse!

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 436
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 1:30:43 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

quote:

Patrick

Sure thing. The file was too large to upload to the forum so here is a link. As you can see the game looks super crisp on the iPad. The game can also be played on your iPhone if you have one, which is awesome for work

I failed miserably at the shorter Race to the Meuse scenario on my first try. I didn't even reach Bastogne, much less the Meuse!

Wow, it looks great! Maybe there is an iPad in my future. And, practice makes perfect, gaming is a great (frustrating at times) learning experience! Thanks for the look!

Patrick

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 437
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 1:46:50 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Hell for the PC" makes it's debut on the Deal of the Week ! The fantasy genre is not one of my favorite game worlds, but the game play looks fantastic! If you like fantasy, this one is a must buy! Happy Gaming Everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 438
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 8:17:09 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Hell is a good game conversion of the Battle Academy engine. I find it more appealing than Battle Academy now. The AI is pretty darn good too. I highly recommend it. (as if that holds any weight here.)

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 439
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 10:01:41 PM   
Frido1207

Ha, last week I was eyeing Hell as a possible new purchase, but resisted to stay somewhat in line with my new years resolution, not to buy so much new games impulsively any more.

So I said to myself: "Wait until it goes on sale". Now imagine my surprise what I saw just a few moments ago.
Downloading now...

Post #: 440
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 10:54:53 PM   
aaatoysandmore

Same thing happened to me with Mark Walker's Stalingrad. I was wishing so bad every week since Jan that it finally came up. Last year was a poor year but already I got's two pretty good ones this year and both onsale. Make up for Pandora I guess.

(in reply to Frido1207)
Post #: 441
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/2/2015 11:23:53 PM   
Rosseau

Hell is a pretty recent title I paid full price for. So this confirms (to me) Matrix/Slitherine's new "Steam" business model with some of their products. It's a guessing game, but I will not buy the more mainstream Matrix games at full price, when I can wait a few months and possibly get it half-off. Of course, games like WitW there's no point waiting!

In fairness, I should also add that the free WH dlc was greatly appreciated.

< Message edited by rosseau -- 3/3/2015 12:42:17 AM >

Post #: 442
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/3/2015 2:06:46 AM   
aaatoysandmore

quote:

ORIGINAL: rosseau

Hell is a pretty recent title I paid full price for. So this confirms (to me) Matrix/Slitherine's new "Steam" business model with some of their products. It's a guessing game, but I will not buy the more mainstream Matrix games at full price, when I can wait a few months and possibly get it half-off. Of course, games like WitW there's no point waiting!

In fairness, I should also add that the free WH dlc was greatly appreciated.

Steam is a monopoly no doubt. Ever since they started this sale price for just about everything I have been waiting on them. Might as well as no game is ready for release when they release them anymore. I just wait for the finished product at $9.99 or less. It was hard to cough up $29.99 for Walkers Stalingrad but it looked so much like Squad Leader I couldn't pass up even a $10 off sale.

Steam basically started this waiting game for a lot of people now. They pretty much know anything that is on Steam (and other sites of the same ilk) will eventually be onsale now at some point.

I think we have the best of both worlds now though with Matrixgames/Slitherine falling inline with sales and promotions. They sure went a long time before doing so. I've always felt quantity sales is better than high priced quality sales any day. Thas why I couldn't believe the prices of some of the products here at release. I thought we was gonna have WWIII in the Command Ops forum when Battles from the Bulge first came out.

(in reply to Rosseau)
Post #: 443
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/3/2015 3:50:02 AM   
Rosseau

I know... but Bulge was worth it (to me) as they opened up the editor.

But hell, I think I paid $30 for Hell and now it's $9.89 on Steam. That's a bit much, personally.

I agree though that whatever makes Matrix healthier is good for us. Imagine no CMANO or FPRS? That would be a tragedy!

Post #: 444
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/9/2015 7:32:37 PM   
wings7

This week's deal "Piercing Fortress Europa" makes it's debut on the Deal of the Week ! From Armchair General "90% "Ultimately, although Piercing Fortress Europa is niche game, it is a very good one. Gamers interested in exploring the effects of logistics on modern warfare will enjoy this game, or those equally interested in the Sicilian and Italian operations will find the challenge enjoyable, engaging and educational." Happy Gaming Everyone!

Patrick

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 445
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2015 3:54:17 PM   
Objekt730

So is Piercing Fortress Europa not very good, then? I see no buzz about the sale, and the forum for the game seems fairly dead. Its been hard for me to find much solid info about this game and its current state.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 446
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2015 6:30:13 PM   
wings7

quote:

ORIGINAL: Objekt730

So is Piercing Fortress Europa not very good, then? I see no buzz about the sale, and the forum for the game seems fairly dead. Its been hard for me to find much solid info about this game and its current state.

quote:

Piercing Fortress Europa

Not alot of info or interest , definitely a niche game.

Patrick

(in reply to Objekt730)
Post #: 447
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2015 6:40:28 PM   
Objekt730

Yeah, it's unfortunate. I couldn't even find a Let's Play or anything on youtube. I would think the developer would at least want to put out a trailer or something.

(in reply to wings7)
Post #: 448
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2015 7:23:38 PM   
salazarus

I think it is a good game. Mechanics seems to be good and I like art style. It looks simple but elegant. Last year I would jump for it, but now I don't care.
Even with the discount it feels overpriced. 6 scenarios is not enough to play alone and multi looks dead. Also Italian Theater isn't very exciting, especially in that scale. There is no room for maneuver.

(in reply to Objekt730)
Post #: 449
RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! - 3/11/2015 7:52:41 PM   
Erik Rutins

Hi guys,

This AAR may help:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3557299

Given that the game gives you the freedom to make different choices than the historical on amphibious/airborne invasions, there are actually more options for maneuver and strategy than you might think.

Regards,

- Erik

< Message edited by Erik Rutins -- 3/11/2015 8:54:11 PM >

Erik Rutins
CEO, Matrix Games LLC

For official support, please use our Help Desk: http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Freedom is not Free.

(in reply to salazarus)
Post #: 450
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion >> RE: Deal of the Week...great deals! Page: <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI