Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Soviet Front HQs

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Front HQs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Soviet Front HQs - 3/10/2015 8:41:15 AM   
garydj

Hi

I'm wondering whether it matters how close an Army HQ is to its Front HQ. I'm playing the Soviets against another human player and it is May '42, but I have almost no APs. When I shift an army from one part of the front to another, I sometimes change the Front HQ to which the Army HQ reports. This costs 50+ APs, unless you get lucky with the admin check and get the transfer at half price. I'm wondering whether I should have just moved armies around as needed and not worried about to which Front HQ they are attached.

Grateful for all comments and advice.

Cheers

Gary
Post #: 1
RE: Soviet Front HQs - 3/10/2015 7:47:59 PM   
loki100

In the main, I'd keep armies close to their front.

One reason is that the chance of the front commander helping out with leadership checks is related to how close they are. By 1942 most of your Front commanders should be good, but your armies will be a more mixed group.

Second reason is if (& you often do) you need to mix 2 armies in the same attack. If they are in the same front, there's a 10% penalty for the 'second' army but if its across front the penalty is about 30% (forget the exact number). That means for every 3 divisions you commit, one is in effect discounted.

Finally air support is by front, so if you have armies all over the place, it maybe hard to ensure that your air is working effectively.

Its usually worth shuffling around and/or paying the Admin price rather than having too much mixed up. But, as ever, its a case sometimes of choosing the least bad option

(in reply to garydj)
Post #: 2
RE: Soviet Front HQs - 3/11/2015 12:34:01 PM   
Gabriel B.

iN MAY 1942 you have 52 armies HQ.

I asign 40 to fronts (4 each),
4 to Moscow Md -these can reinforce the norther wing if necesary but they are usually passed to Stepe front in 1943.
4 to Volga Md- these can reinforce the center if necesary but they are usually passed to Voronej front in july 1942.
4 to Stavka -these can reinforce the southern wing if necesary but they are usually passed to 3rd ukrainan front in nov 1942.

(in reply to loki100)
Post #: 3
RE: Soviet Front HQs - 3/14/2015 2:01:37 AM   
garydj

Thanks for the advice.

Cheers

Gary

(in reply to Gabriel B.)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room >> Soviet Front HQs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI