Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tractor Beam Obedience

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Tractor Beam Obedience Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tractor Beam Obedience - 3/15/2015 7:00:27 PM   
zenfiero

Hello! I've been looking all day and can't find this properly addressed except partially in an old thread. I saw that there was an update to the game which included an update to tractor beam logic.

I have used tractors with long range ships to keep targets at a distance while I pummel them, to good effect. But I have a situation in this game where I wanted to use tractor beams to pull targets in range of my short range weapons.

Unfortunately, the silly ship captains appear to be using the tractor beams to push targets out past weapons range. And despite being told to engage all targets, regardless of being weaker or stronger, at Point Blank range!

Has anyone recently encountered this issue, or perhaps even found a workaround?

Thank you!
Post #: 1
RE: Tractor Beam Obedience - 3/18/2015 11:04:26 PM   
elliotg

Hi zenfiero

Your maximum weapons range is used to decide how far away to keep a target using your Tractor Beams. This usually means your standoff weapons range (i.e. missiles or torpedoes). So the tractor beams will attempt to keep the target just inside your standoff weapons range, usually allowing you to inflict damage on the target, while avoiding receiving much damage yourself.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to zenfiero)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> Tractor Beam Obedience Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI