Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 8:35:24 AM   
Sardaukar

It's actually 1.7.11.24 and not 1.01.24...

< Message edited by Sardaukar -- 3/17/2015 9:35:22 AM >

"To meaningless French Idealism, Liberty, Fraternity and Equality...we answer with German Realism, Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery" -Prince von Bülov, 1870-

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 31
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 9:11:45 AM   
tigercub

sweet thx for all the work!

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 32
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 9:19:37 AM   
Edward75

I can't believe it. My heart is broken. Finally!

(in reply to tigercub)
Post #: 33
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 9:40:28 AM   
geoffreyg

The implication is that the patch is backwards compatible with games being played under the current beta but I can't see this explicitly stated anywhere.

(in reply to Edward75)
Post #: 34
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 9:58:00 AM   
littleike

Many many thanks to Michaelm and to all the other developers and testers for this wonderful present.
A big thanks also to the witpAE community for their tireless effort in tweaking and reporting.
Wonderful be part of this community boys!!!

(in reply to geoffreyg)
Post #: 35
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 2:56:24 PM   
m10bob

I paid for this great game years ago and you rascals are STILL improving it!!!!!!..

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 36
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 5:32:56 PM   
bradfordkay

quote:

ORIGINAL: USS America

quote:

ORIGINAL: bradfordkay

"18. Required Aviation Support is NOT capped at 250 for the human player. This was removed at start of AE but crept back in sometime during updates "

I just want to verify. This means that we will now need more than 250 Aviation Support at a base if we have more than 250 aircraft there?

Yes, unless the AF is size 8 or 9. In that case you get "double credit" for each active AV Support squad. So, at a Lvl 8 or 9 field, 250 AV support can still keep 500 planes flying. Not bad.

Thanks, Mike. That works for me since those are generally the only bases where I have that many aircraft.

fair winds,
Brad

(in reply to USSAmerica)
Post #: 37
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 8:45:18 PM   
robinsa

Yay!! It would seem Ive been living under a rock since I did not see this one coming! Thank you very much!!

(in reply to bradfordkay)
Post #: 38
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 9:37:30 PM   
Zap

quote:

ORIGINAL: General Patton

I'm going to print both the beta change list and the One above and compare them. The beta is just exe changes and this looks a lot more envolved. But thanks to everyone....GP

Good would like to see that comparison

(in reply to btd64)
Post #: 39
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/17/2015 11:15:10 PM   
LeeChard

I am playing standard campaign against the AI, can I update without issues?

(in reply to Zap)
Post #: 40
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 12:38:55 AM   
KMCCARTHY

Yes. Just did it.

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 41
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 12:42:29 AM   
bartrat

Thanks all programmers for the new version!

WW2 logistics fanboy and
Rat Rancher
Rat ranching for fun and profit, had better be fun, cause there is no profit.

(in reply to KMCCARTHY)
Post #: 42
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 6:29:25 AM   
BigDuke66

Yes many thanks to all that worked on this babe!

(in reply to bartrat)
Post #: 43
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 11:47:19 AM   
LeeChard

quote:

ORIGINAL: KMCCARTHY

Yes. Just did it.

Excellent

(in reply to KMCCARTHY)
Post #: 44
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 2:19:04 PM   
MrBlizzard

That's really great, thank you

Blizzard

(in reply to LeeChard)
Post #: 45
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 5:24:01 PM   
michaelm75au

I forgot how big that list was starting from the last patch 6.
A couple of changes a month sure mounts up

BTW 11.23x10 is 11.24
I changed the version to make it stand out as the 'patch'

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/18/2015 6:26:22 PM >

Michael

(in reply to MrBlizzard)
Post #: 46
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 8:00:14 PM   
KenchiSulla

Ugh, was the official patch updated? I am getting a report that my opponent is using a different version then I am...

EDIT: Nevermind, was still referring to the BETA folder... Fixed

< Message edited by Cannonfodder -- 3/19/2015 7:35:07 AM >

AKA Cannonfodder

"It happened, therefore it can happen again: this is the core of what we have to say. It can happen, and it can happen everywhere.”
¯ Primo Levi, writer, holocaust survivor

(in reply to michaelm75au)
Post #: 47
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/18/2015 9:51:03 PM   
jeffk3510

Thank you

(in reply to Jorm)
Post #: 48
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 3:37:02 AM   
John 3rd

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I forgot how big that list was starting from the last patch 6.
A couple of changes a month sure mounts up

BTW 11.23x10 is 11.24
I changed the version to make it stand out as the 'patch'

Michael:

Thanks for jumping in since no one else has. Can this patch be safely made to existing games running on the final Beta? A number of us with Mods and campaigns running are worried.

Greatly appreciate it and your hard work/service to our community.

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

Post #: 49
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 5:50:48 AM   
michaelm75au

I am not sure what is included as far as scenario data is concerned. My guess is that it contains the standard official scenarios and art, but not sure if these files overwrite newer files or just skips them.

My advice is to zip or copy the art, scen directories plus the pw/zone/link/hex.dat files from main game directory somewhere, or just copy/zip the game directory.
And then install the patch. My understanding was that this was basically a 'code' patch so only expect .exe and .dll to be important bits (they are the same as the last beta 1123x10, just numbered differently). (The rest of the installer will update the appropriate registry entries for the game.)

You could then restore your art and scenario directories. Don't forget if using mods, you will need the map images in art, and the associated pw files. {which if you copy or zip up makes it a bit easier to keep going}

< Message edited by michaelm -- 3/19/2015 6:52:58 AM >

Michael

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 50
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 6:09:04 AM   
rustysi

Can't say thanks enough.

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once. Hume

In every party there is one member who by his all-too-devout pronouncement of the party principles provokes the others to apostasy. Nietzsche

Cave ab homine unius libri. Ltn Prvb

Post #: 51
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 11:58:34 AM   
John 3rd

Michael: Are there enough improvements (from your last Beta) that it warrants the risk of an upgrade? Thanks for jumping in and helping!

Member: Treaty, Reluctant Admiral and Between the Storms Mod Team.

Reluctant Admiral Mod:
https://sites.google.com/site/reluctantadmiral/

(in reply to rustysi)
Post #: 52
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 12:48:16 PM   
Trugrit

I installed it and these are my observations:
I had chemkid’s map mod installed and the new update overwrote it with the standard map.
It overwrote the extended map data as well. It did not overwrite the jump or weather maps.
I was able to reinstall chemkid’s maps and extended map data and they run O.K.
Everything else in the art folder seems to be untouched although I think it modified some plane art.

I looked through the read me and I don’t see what change was made to the standard map.
I would like to know that.

It did something to the standard scenarios. I’m not sure what.
It bypassed all the Dababe’s scenarios I had installed and they seem to run as normal.
Saved DaBabes games run as normal.

It did not create a desktop shortcut to the new exe. I created one that bypasses the Beta2.

As a beta user I had a desktop shortcut to the Beta2 folder.
The update left the shortcut and the Beta2 folder untouched.
Clicking on the shortcut runs the Beta2 exe in the Beta2 folder.

Michael,
Did all the Beta changes make into the new update?

Do I need the Beta2 folder for anything or should it be bypassed?

Thanks

< Message edited by Trugrit -- 3/19/2015 1:50:10 PM >

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 53
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 5:55:04 PM   
Jones944

quote:

ORIGINAL: John 3rd

Michael: Are there enough improvements (from your last Beta) that it warrants the risk of an upgrade? Thanks for jumping in and helping!

I think what he's saying when he says "11.23x10 is 11.24" is that there is no difference between the newest patch and the final beta build. On that account, anyone currently playing a game with the latest beta need not bother to upgrade until the game is finished, you won't get anything new out of the latest official patch.

< Message edited by Jones944 -- 3/19/2015 6:55:35 PM >

"Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war" - William Shakespeare, "Julius Caesar"

(in reply to John 3rd)
Post #: 54
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 6:41:08 PM   
Leandros

Anybody know....?...if I buy the game for download today - which I have planned - shall this latest update be incorporated? And in the hardcopy?
If not, when can that be expected?

Fred

< Message edited by Leandros -- 3/19/2015 10:44:04 PM >

(in reply to Jones944)
Post #: 55
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 6:50:30 PM   
Oberst_Klink

quote:

ORIGINAL: Leandros

Anybody know....?...if I buy the game for download today - which I have planned - shall this latest update be incorporated? And in the hardcopy?

Fred

Your book, by George, should be on my reading list... I presume some insights and extracts from Walter Schellenberg's handbook about Britain and so on?

Klink, Oberst

My Blog & on Twitter.
Visit CS Legion on Twitter & Facebook for updates.

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 56
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 7:41:05 PM   
Leandros

quote:

ORIGINAL: Oberst_Klink

quote:

Fred

Your book, by George, should be on my reading list... I presume some insights and extracts from Walter Schellenberg's handbook about Britain and so on?

Klink, Oberst

Jawohl, mein Oberst!

Maybe not that handbook but one of the appendixes describes one by the British on what to expect during an invasion....quite interresting.

Fred

(in reply to Oberst_Klink)
Post #: 57
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/19/2015 8:40:25 PM   
Treetop64

quote:

ORIGINAL: michaelm

I am not sure what is included as far as scenario data is concerned. My guess is that it contains the standard official scenarios and art, but not sure if these files overwrite newer files or just skips them.

I can confirm that installing the new patch will overwrite the add-on art and replace it with default art, though not everything is overwritten, only what was changed in the patch. For example, if you use different map textures or plane top bitmaps, then those will be reverted back to default. Of course, any additional art folders that are manually created (the changing plane side art per date, unit badges, etc...) aren't touched.

At any rate, I already had a recent backup of the complete ART folder containing all the mod art, so I just copied it over once the patch install was complete - no biggie.

Post #: 58
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/20/2015 4:14:16 PM   
Leandros

Who should I ask whether the new update is incorporated in the presently-selling version? Anybody?

Fred

River Wide, Ocean Deep - a book on Operation Sea Lion - www.fredleander.com
Saving MacArthur - a book series on how The Philippines were saved - in 1942! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D34QCWQ/?ie=UTF8&redirect=true&ref=series_rw_dp_labf

(in reply to Treetop64)
Post #: 59
RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1... - 3/21/2015 12:49:33 AM   
witpqs

quote:

Who should I ask whether the new update is incorporated in the presently-selling version? Anybody?

Fred

They always are. I suppose in theory there could be a delay of a few days, but I've never heard of that. The worst is that you download whatever version is the purchase, then the update is (listed as) cumulative, so you install then update 5 seconds later.

(in reply to Leandros)
Post #: 60
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> RE: War in the Pacific Admiral Edition is Updated to V1.01.24 Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI