Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

RE: Option 47

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Option 47 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 3:36:02 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Joseignacio

quote:

ORIGINAL: bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Larry Smith

Hey, hey, hey, Booboo! That's a mighty nice picnic basket you got there!

[Different Yogi, I know]

What does this have to do with optional rule 47 Ok sorry, but those two Yogi's look alike

Bo

They are the same, I guess Yogi Berra was intended to be "Yogi Bear" and was misspelled.

Would you please just worry about your Oso's and Osa's and optional rule 47 and not our Bear's and Berra's

Bo

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 151
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 3:44:51 PM   
bo

Errrr Larry please stick to your Canadian sports as you know nothing about US sports, this is a picture of Yogi Berra the great catcher for the New York Yankees.

Bo

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bo -- 3/30/2015 4:54:10 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 152
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 3:50:41 PM   
bo

And this is a picture of the cartoon character Yogi Bear, so from now on if you want concrete information come to me as I never make a mistake about anything.

Bo

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by bo -- 3/30/2015 4:57:13 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 153
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 3:57:29 PM   
warspite1

quote:

And this is a picture of the cartoon image Yogi Bear, so from now on if you want concrete information come to me as I never make a mistake about anything.

Bo

warspite1

Indeed, you are certainly smarter than the average bo

England expects that every man will do his duty. Horatio Nelson October 1805

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 154
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 4:16:03 PM   
bo

It took you years warspite to come to that conclusion which is very hurtful

There was no comma after average, so are you referring to a lot of Bo's out there in the world. Good lord that would be a disaster if there were more of me around.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/30/2015 5:19:55 PM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 155
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 4:20:42 PM   
warspite1

quote:

There was no comma after average, so are you referring to a lot of Bo's out there in the world. Good lord that would be a disaster if there were more of me around.

Bo
warspite1

No it was a play on his catchphrase: Smarter than the average bear.....

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 156
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 7:06:36 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

quote:

Bo
warspite1

Which Yogi?

Bo

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 157
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 7:18:08 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo
warspite1

Which Yogi?

Bo
warspite1

There's only one Yogi

Attachment (1)

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 158
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 7:33:46 PM   
bo

How stupid of me of course there is only one Yogi, thank you warspite for keeping me straight

Bo

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 159
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 8:43:06 PM   
paulderynck

deleted

< Message edited by paulderynck -- 3/30/2015 9:43:51 PM >

Paul

(in reply to Larry Smith)
Post #: 160
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 10:16:32 PM   
Courtenay

quote:

Yogi Berra was a famous football coach, back in the 1960's or 1970's; I can't remember which team.
Yogi Bear was a cartoon character, and rumor has it the character was named after the coach, but I don't know if that is true or not. I've never seen a photo of the coach, so I have no idea what he looks like. Might be why the bear had the fedora, collar and tie all the time.

!!!!

Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets.

I thought I knew how to play this game....

Post #: 161
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 10:53:12 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Courtenay

quote:

Yogi Berra was a famous football coach, back in the 1960's or 1970's; I can't remember which team.
Yogi Bear was a cartoon character, and rumor has it the character was named after the coach, but I don't know if that is true or not. I've never seen a photo of the coach, so I have no idea what he looks like. Might be why the bear had the fedora, collar and tie all the time.

!!!!

Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets.

!!!!

And Yogi Bear was a.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/30/2015 11:54:40 PM >

(in reply to Courtenay)
Post #: 162
RE: Option 47 - 3/30/2015 11:56:31 PM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

!!!!

!!!!

And Yogi Bear was a.

Bo
warspite1

Oh oh.. pick me... I know this one!

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 163
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 12:13:34 AM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

!!!!

!!!!

And Yogi Bear was a.

Bo
warspite1

There is no one else in all the known world that I would want to finish "And Yogi Bear was a" Please inform us warspite.

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/31/2015 1:15:07 AM >

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 164
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 12:20:52 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

!!!!

!!!!

And Yogi Bear was a.

Bo
warspite1

There is no one else in all the known world that I would want to finish "And Yogi Bear was a" Please inform us warspite.

Bo
warspite1

Er... bear

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 165
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 12:25:52 AM   
bo

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now, or bear

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/31/2015 3:54:33 PM >

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 166
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 12:29:04 AM   
warspite1

quote:

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now

Bo
warspite1

What do you want to know about Optional Rule 47 bo?

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 167
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 12:32:30 AM   
bo

quote:

quote:

Hmmm; not the answer I wanted to hear but okay. warspite and myself proved that we can be very silly besides being very very informative about MWIF Can we get back to optional rule 47 or is it like beating a dead horse now

Bo
warspite1

You could have let that go you know I guess it would be will Steve ever put it in.

Bo

(in reply to warspite1)
Post #: 168
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 7:47:25 AM   
Joseignacio

quote:

Wow! thanks

Post #: 169
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 9:29:16 AM   
warspite1

quote:

quote:

quote:

Bo
warspite1

You could have let that go you know I guess it would be will Steve ever put it in.

Bo
warspite1

Tis a question only Steve/Matrix can answer.

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 170
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 6:04:31 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

quote:

Wow! thanks

As already posted by Courtenay, "Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets." Also, and here's a connection with MWiF, so to speak, Berra served as a gunner's mate in the US Navy during WW II. Berra was on-boarded a LCSS (Landing Craft support small) during the D-Day invasion. They set 300-yards off shore and provide rocket fire support to the landing troops. Also, they accidentally shot down an American plane but did save the pilot, who I'm sure wasn't too happy. Well, I'm sure he was happy about being save but not about being shot down by his own troops. Here's a link that gives a good summary of Yogi's life: http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/military-transition/famous-veteran-yogi-berra.html

< Message edited by rkr1958 -- 3/31/2015 7:07:16 PM >

Ronnie

(in reply to Joseignacio)
Post #: 171
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 7:33:20 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: rkr1958

quote:

quote:

Wow! thanks

As already posted by Courtenay, "Yogi Beara was a Hall-of-Fame baseball catcher for the Yankees, and subsequently manager of the Yankees and the Mets." Also, and here's a connection with MWiF, so to speak, Berra served as a gunner's mate in the US Navy during WW II. Berra was on-boarded a LCSS (Landing Craft support small) during the D-Day invasion. They set 300-yards off shore and provide rocket fire support to the landing troops. Also, they accidentally shot down an American plane but did save the pilot, who I'm sure wasn't too happy. Well, I'm sure he was happy about being save but not about being shot down by his own troops. Here's a link that gives a good summary of Yogi's life: http://www.military.com/veteran-jobs/career-advice/military-transition/famous-veteran-yogi-berra.html

rkr I think Jose was joking about Yogi Berra He is pretty astute about the world outside of Spain IMO, and he knows that Lionel Messi from Barcelona is the best tennis player in the world

Bo

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 172
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 7:41:33 PM   
rkr1958

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow! thanks

rkr I think Jose was joking about Yogi Berra He is pretty astute about the world outside of Spain IMO, and he knows that Lionel Messi from Barcelona is the best tennis player in the world

Bo
Excuse me while I go take the hook out of my mouth.

Ronnie

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 173
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 7:59:26 PM   
bo

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Wow! thanks

Bo
Excuse me while I go take the hook out of my mouth.

Oh for goodness sake rkr leave the hook alone just talked to Jose on skype and his "wow thanks" was sincere and he did not know Yogi Berra was a catcher for the New york Yankees but he did know that Lionel Messi is not a tennis player from Barcelona but the greatest soccer player in the world from Barcelona sorry, my bad, your reputation is still intact but mine, hmmm

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/31/2015 9:01:49 PM >

(in reply to rkr1958)
Post #: 174
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 8:51:26 PM   
Centuur

So José wasn't watching soccer this evening? Well, he didn't miss anything. The Spanish just lost 2-0 against our boys...

Peter

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 175
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 9:17:57 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

So José wasn't watching soccer this evening? Well, he didn't miss anything. The Spanish just lost 2-0 against our boys...

Did you have to bring that up now while Jose is in the dumps about the Yogi Berra thing I have to tell you Peter those Neths are pretty good.

Bo

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 176
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 9:22:27 PM   
Orm

I am, as I mostly am, thoroughly confused by reading this thread. I have no clue whatsoever.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 177
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 9:30:09 PM   
bo

quote:

ORIGINAL: Orm

I am, as I mostly am, thoroughly confused by reading this thread. I have no clue whatsoever.

Oh good lord Orm don't tell me you do not know the difference between Yogi Bear and Yogi Berra , please don't tell me that It is known internationally as dribble, nonsense, whatever, until something concrete happens with MWIF which means we might be dribbling for a while

Bo

< Message edited by bo -- 3/31/2015 10:31:47 PM >

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 178
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 9:49:11 PM   
Orm

I know there is a difference between a beer and a cat as well. But how Yogi spells his name has any relevance with option 47 eludes me.

Have a bit more patience with newbies. Of course some of them act dumb -- they're often students, for heaven's sake. - Terry Pratchett

(in reply to bo)
Post #: 179
RE: Option 47 - 3/31/2015 10:46:58 PM   
paulderynck

Well I did point out opinions on Option 47 were polarized, so maybe someone thought...

Paul

(in reply to Orm)
Post #: 180
Page:   <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> RE: Option 47 Page: <<   < prev  4 5 [6] 7 8   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI