Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

still playing... and loving it!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> still playing... and loving it! Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
still playing... and loving it! - 4/8/2015 1:17:15 PM   
mariovalleemtl

I did not play FoF for some 5 years. But last weekend I start a new game again AI (my usual partner can't start the game on his new computer) and I had a lot of fun. What a great game! Simply love it. I hope you guys make a new strategic level game after Brother Against Brother.

< Message edited by Mario Vallée -- 4/18/2015 2:19:19 PM >

Post #: 1
RE: still playing - 4/13/2015 2:59:15 PM   
axeman109

I agree. I dig this out every so often. I get torn between this and GG's WBTS. Each have something great about them and I do enjoy them both.

(in reply to mariovalleemtl)
Post #: 2
RE: still playing - 4/14/2015 8:07:17 PM   
Gil R.

Thanks! It's great to know people are still playing.

You'll no doubt find it interesting to see how much our tactical engine has evolved. The unit sprites in "Brother against Brother" are the same, but so much has changed.

(in reply to axeman109)
Post #: 3
RE: still playing - 4/14/2015 11:07:34 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I too play Forge of Freedom vs. the AI a lot. Sure wish a small update focusing on AI's defense of Richmond, poor AI production management, and maybe a slightly larger map would come out. I know ... I know ... I can "mod" the game to address some of these issues. But I'm not confident enough in my computer skills to even try. Enjoy the game despite my complaining.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 4
RE: still playing - 4/16/2015 6:43:44 PM   
mariovalleemtl

Hi Gil. I'm sure Brother against Brother will be a great game. But I am more a grand strategic gamer. So I prefer way more FoF. I really wont you guys to do a FoF2 one of those days. Any chance in a near future ?

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 5
RE: still playing - 4/17/2015 7:39:36 PM   
Gil R.

Nimrod 9th,
I hear you, but at this point, unfortunately, the chance of such a patch is less than 1% -- we have a single programmer whose time is spread thinly enough as is on current projects, plus the testing team is no longer active. (I guess I've always wanted to say "Let's get the boys back on the road," and this would be a chance to do that.)

Both,
We would love to do a FOF2, but that would require using a new engine that doesn't exist yet, and would take Eric about a year to program. So it is not an undertaking done lightly. Our basic position on this is that we certainly do not rule it out, and personally would love to do it, but we already have our next two years' worth of releases planned. Which means the earliest we might return to FOF would be three years from now.

Post #: 6
RE: still playing - 4/18/2015 1:17:44 PM   
mariovalleemtl

Three years. That's not so bad. I could wait.
But if I win some big $$ at the loto, I will call you guys for a special contract so you could finish FoF2 ASAP.

(in reply to Gil R.)
Post #: 7
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 11/2/2018 3:13:42 PM   
dave74

Any news of a new version of this game? Would love to see a new release especially one a bigger map with more areas per state.

Post #: 8
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 11/2/2018 4:10:50 PM   
solops

+1. FoF is one of my all-time favorites, love the design....and I still read the manual and play!

< Message edited by solops -- 11/2/2018 4:11:39 PM >

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.-Edmund Burke
Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; if it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it.-Judge Learned Hand

(in reply to dave74)
Post #: 9
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 11/2/2018 7:35:23 PM   
Nimrod 9th

I already posted in this thread ... see above ... but I'm still playing it and loving it and still hoping/wishing/praying for a small update focusing on AI's defense of Richmond, poor AI production management, too aggressive AI, and maybe a slightly larger map. Shoot, depending on what a FoF2 looks like I'd even consider buying an entire new game if the basic game structure was similar.

(in reply to solops)
Post #: 10
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 12/4/2018 12:42:49 PM   
jimkehn

I wish I COULD play it...for some reason I downloaded the game and tried to install it and I get invalid serial number.

(in reply to Nimrod 9th)
Post #: 11
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 1/25/2019 4:40:36 PM   
decourcy2

Jim, did you copy the serial number from Matrix's 'Jimkehn's games'? If you did it is easy to grab an extra empty character at the end.
Go into the setup/serial number entry and backspace the serial number till it is against the right end of an actual digit.

If you already did all that ignore this post! This is a great game that I am also still playing.

(in reply to jimkehn)
Post #: 12
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 1/6/2020 7:34:59 AM   
Jordqc

Is the game compatible with win10? thinking of buying.

(in reply to decourcy2)
Post #: 13
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 2/18/2020 8:29:07 PM   
Pistachio

I run it on 10 and an Intel Graphics 530. Not exactly a high powered set up. I don't have many problems -- minor graphics issues, usually in detail combat and usually when I forget to turn off PC sleep.

(in reply to Jordqc)
Post #: 14
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 7/29/2020 6:09:07 PM   
JBuford

Hi All,

i tried to run the game on Win10 Home Edition, but failed to do so. The problem is, that the resolution does not change (it stays low). Does anybody know who to force the game in a certain resolution of into a windowed mode?

-JB

Be seeing you!
-Nr.6

(in reply to Pistachio)
Post #: 15
RE: still playing... and loving it! - 8/24/2020 12:48:40 AM   
Tanaka

quote:

ORIGINAL: JBuford

Hi All,

i tried to run the game on Win10 Home Edition, but failed to do so. The problem is, that the resolution does not change (it stays low). Does anybody know who to force the game in a certain resolution of into a windowed mode?

-JB

Hey guys this works for me Win 10. Exe properties advanced check program DPI and High DPI Scaling override.

(in reply to JBuford)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [American Civil War] >> Forge of Freedom: The American Civil War 1861-1865 >> still playing... and loving it! Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI