Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Omaha map, messed up

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Omaha map, messed up Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Omaha map, messed up - 4/8/2001 7:59:00 PM   
UnrealAzn

When I downloaded SPWAW 4.5 from 3.0, I saw a map called Omaha, and I was always excited of playing the invasion of france off the beaches. So, I got off my boats towards the beach, realistic so far, ships were being damaged, some blown apart already. But the messed up part was when I landed all the infantry, the Germs were silent, they were not firing at me, I just took all the bunkers on the beach quite easily... Is that what history really happened? I read that Omaha was the worst of the 5 beaches, and they had to avoid blistering MG fire, mortars, mines, and least annoying, snipers... Now am I wrong in some way? :confused:

- UnrealAzn
Post #: 1
- 4/8/2001 8:54:00 PM   
Figmo

You landed on the wrong beach!!! :D Actually, it shouldn't do that - the last time I played it I was getting wiped out on the beaches. The only thing I can think of is - maybe you didn't delete the "Steel.prf" file when you upgraded. That can cause lots of problems. Figmo

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes ...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, f

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 2
- 4/9/2001 12:51:00 AM   
Wild Bill

A Mystery to me, my friend. That scenario is perhaps the toughest of the D-Day landing scenarios. You may want to look at your preference settings also. Have you encountered this in any other battles?...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 3
- 4/9/2001 12:52:00 AM   
Wild Bill

The map is messed up? Or the battle itself. I'm a little confused here...WB

In Arduis Fidelis
Wild Bill Wilder
Independent Game Consultant

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 4
- 4/9/2001 10:08:00 AM   
UnrealAzn

Nope... It dosen't happen on the other maps bill, only on this one... I only got 6 squads wiped out on the beach out of perhaps about 50... really odd, dosent happen to me on other maps... Is there a fix for this, like a update or patch? :(

- UnrealAzn

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 5
- 4/10/2001 1:04:00 AM   
Drake

quote:

Originally posted by Chan Sze Chun: Nope... It dosen't happen on the other maps bill, only on this one... I only got 6 squads wiped out on the beach out of perhaps about 50... really odd, dosent happen to me on other maps... Is there a fix for this, like a update or patch? :(
Your the first one that I know of that had this problem on this scenario, so my best suggestion would be to play it again when version 5 of the game comes out becouse they are updateing all the scenarios for that version.

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 6
- 4/10/2001 1:20:00 AM   
skukko

One thing came into mind; - have you opened scenario in editor?? It can do some odd things to scneario if you open and save it again, you don't have to even look at the scenario... mosh

salute

mosh

If its not rotten, shoot again

(in reply to UnrealAzn)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns >> Omaha map, messed up Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI