Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Air unit getting its orders confused...

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Air unit getting its orders confused... Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Air unit getting its orders confused... - 5/3/2015 8:47:53 PM   
Spenser

Hi !

Sent an american A26 Invader to ground strike hex 54,29 NW of Paris.
Only i can't remember it doing the GS, but it hanged around and added its factors later as ground support when the hex was subsequently attacked...
Attached savegame is from the debark land units phase where the stealthy bomber can be found stacking in the aforementioned enemy hex,
in the midst of among others the Hermann Goring mech corps...

Now, the hex was taken and if i remember correctly the A26 remaining in the hex, was when put off sentry which i don't remember putting it on,
then available for further missions.

The main problem as i see it is why the game lets an american plane stack in a german hex in the debark land units phase when no air missions are happening?
And would the game (or the Germans) have caught on if the hex hadn't been taken?

Spenser

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Air unit getting its orders confused... - 5/4/2015 9:26:31 AM   
Centuur

I don't know how you've done this... Any chance of a game save at the start of the Ground Strike phase, so I can try?

You've stated that you've put the plane on "Sentry" status? I can't do so...

Thing is: the game also wants to paradorp the plane on the hex. This is very strange behaviour indeed, because planes should not be able to stay on an enemy controlled hex after any phase in which they were send there for a mission...

< Message edited by Centuur -- 5/4/2015 10:28:49 AM >

Peter

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 2
RE: Air unit getting its orders confused... - 5/4/2015 8:51:53 PM   
Spenser

I wish i knew myself...

This was 4 Days ago but i managed to find an autosave from the naval search phase and fast-forwarded to the ground strike phase, and the A26 stands in Nantes on sentry status but selectable and it does execute the GS but then remains in the enemy hex.
Declaring land combat against the hex causes the A26 to add its factors, and after advancing into the hex the A26 can be taken off sentry and becomes available for further use after having ground striked, paradropped and ground supported... now thats a versatile air unit

When first taking it off sentry and then GSing, the A26 is prompted to return to base...

Saved game in GS phase attached

Spenser

quote:

ORIGINAL: Centuur

I don't know how you've done this... Any chance of a game save at the start of the Ground Strike phase, so I can try?

You've stated that you've put the plane on "Sentry" status? I can't do so...

Thing is: the game also wants to paradorp the plane on the hex. This is very strange behaviour indeed, because planes should not be able to stay on an enemy controlled hex after any phase in which they were send there for a mission...

Attachment (1)

(in reply to Centuur)
Post #: 3
RE: Air unit getting its orders confused... - 5/5/2015 11:37:51 AM   
Centuur

This is indeed strange behaviour. Thanks for the gamesave.

Peter

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Air unit getting its orders confused... Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI