Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Paralyzed Paras?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Paralyzed Paras? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Paralyzed Paras? - 5/5/2015 4:44:30 PM   
Spenser

Hi!

I've noted a few times that some units (mostly paras) simply will not take part in my land combats due to being already committed to combat, and i don't understand why?

In the attached saved game you can see that during the start of the land movement phase the paras adjacent to Yokohama are supplied and ready for action.
However when getting to the invasion phase, those two paras are suddenly flagged as committed to combat, as is also the armoured marine division at sea in the marianas?
The marine can still invade and the 5-3 para can still paradrop, but the 4-3 para will not take part in a regular land combat
The two para divisions in NW france are not affected.

This is not only the case with US paras, during the same game i have a couple of times moved the Fallschirmsjaeger corps up next to russian partisans only to find during combat declaration that they are on strike or something...
I also recall a case when a CW mil or terr was CtC while at sea but it could luckily invade.

Am i missing something or is there a problem with paras in regular combats, and why do units at sea get committed to combat even before being ordered to eventually invade?

Spenser

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
RE: Paralyzed Paras? - 5/5/2015 9:47:51 PM   
Viktor_Kormel_slith

Hi! Iám afraid you got a similar trouble that I reported long time ago and not only happens with paras or marines. Sometiems somé units I called ghost or coward units remain activated (by internal code flags) and you can´t attack with them. It´s a very nasty complex bug and I hope Steve can fix it soon.
Look at this thread:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3732013

Sorry, for my bad english! "Wiffing" since 1990 to the tomb!

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 2
RE: Paralyzed Paras? - 5/6/2015 3:54:01 AM   
Shannon V. OKeets

quote:

ORIGINAL: Spenser

Hi!

I've noted a few times that some units (mostly paras) simply will not take part in my land combats due to being already committed to combat, and i don't understand why?

In the attached saved game you can see that during the start of the land movement phase the paras adjacent to Yokohama are supplied and ready for action.
However when getting to the invasion phase, those two paras are suddenly flagged as committed to combat, as is also the armoured marine division at sea in the marianas?
The marine can still invade and the 5-3 para can still paradrop, but the 4-3 para will not take part in a regular land combat
The two para divisions in NW france are not affected.

This is not only the case with US paras, during the same game i have a couple of times moved the Fallschirmsjaeger corps up next to russian partisans only to find during combat declaration that they are on strike or something...
I also recall a case when a CW mil or terr was CtC while at sea but it could luckily invade.

Am i missing something or is there a problem with paras in regular combats, and why do units at sea get committed to combat even before being ordered to eventually invade?

Spenser

I fixed this for older games today - available in version 1.4.0.3. The correction (clearing the Invading flag) occurs when the game is restored, and also at the beginning of the Invasion, Paradrop, and Declare Land Combat phases.

Steve

Perfection is an elusive goal.

(in reply to Spenser)
Post #: 3
RE: Paralyzed Paras? - 5/6/2015 5:32:27 AM   
Spenser

Excellent!

Spenser

(in reply to Shannon V. OKeets)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support >> Paralyzed Paras? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI