Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta!

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/15/2015 2:23:10 PM   
Daniele

"The prerequisite for bravery is fear” (Otto Carius, “Tigers in the Mud”)

A new project is awaiting for your help, the strongest and toughest wargamers! If you are searching a real tactical challenge, then Tigers on the Hunt is what you were looking for!

From the product page: Tigers on the Hunt creates a truly immersive in-depth tactical simulation. The game boasts a ferocious and adaptive AI which will dynamically respond to a player’s manoeuvres. Players can enjoy massive battles across up to 12 connected geomorphic maps with over 200 Infantry units, 100 Support Weapons, 100 Ordnance pieces and 50 Vehicles per side!

If you think to have what it takes, enlist here!

Get more information about the game from its official product page
Post #: 1
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/15/2015 11:32:43 PM   
Ranger33

This is the first I have heard of this game, the product page makes for interesting reading, but I'm not really getting a clear picture of what the gameplay is going to be like. Are we talking something like SPWAW?

(in reply to Daniele)
Post #: 2
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:16:32 AM   
sullafelix

When signing up for the beta, I am having a problem.

It takes me to the page for signing up and that page is in the members section, with my members area forum name listed above. I tried using that and my login for the members area but it won't accept it.

Then I tried using my regular Matrix forum name and password and it won't take that either.

So I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help with this.

Windows 7 home premium 64
Intel quad core I7
16 gig
AMD R9 200 series

Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 3
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:35:56 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

This is the first I have heard of this game, the product page makes for interesting reading, but I'm not really getting a clear picture of what the gameplay is going to be like. Are we talking something like SPWAW?

Yes, it's similar to Steel Panthers though a turn is broken down into segments...there is a fire segment and movement segment.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 1:36:35 AM >

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 4
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:40:44 AM   
Ranger33

Well then, consider my interest level increasing! I'm not much good at beta testing, but I look forward to seeing more about this one.

(in reply to Peter Fisla)
Post #: 5
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:46:15 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: sulla05

When signing up for the beta, I am having a problem.

It takes me to the page for signing up and that page is in the members section, with my members area forum name listed above. I tried using that and my login for the members area but it won't accept it.

Then I tried using my regular Matrix forum name and password and it won't take that either.

So I am a bit confused.

Thanks for any help with this.

If you click on the enlist link, you should be presented with 3 products. Click on the Tigers on the Hunt product that should take you to NDA agreement page.

(in reply to sullafelix)
Post #: 6
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 1:29:38 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ranger33

Well then, consider my interest level increasing! I'm not much good at beta testing, but I look forward to seeing more about this one.

If you ever played any of the top classic WW2 tactical boardgames you might like this one :)

(in reply to Ranger33)
Post #: 7
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 2:41:52 AM   
e_barkmann

hey Peter, is this one yours?

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Post #: 8
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 2:46:37 AM   
Peter Fisla

yes :)

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 9
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 9:54:57 AM   
jamespcrowley

This sounds very interesting and, given the stated coverage, very ambitious.

I'm intrigued by the promise of, what sounds like, a proper C&C system. Any more details on this?

I signed for the beta testing as WW2 tactical combat is my forte.

Cheers

Jim

Post #: 10
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 10:07:11 AM   
Hexagon

I sign because sounds very similar to Steel Panthers... maybe since i read about a future project to reboot Steel Panthers i return to the WWII tactical a little more hehehe.

Lets see how works the turns but for me are more modern the WEGO concept than the subdivide the turns in phases... for a table game could work ok but for PC this kind of turns simple kill the PBEM (i dont know guys that play Tiller games using phases for example).

The adaptive AI is interesting to.

Maybe the things i miss in game are Italians and Pacific but lets see how is game, if is good enough i dont see why not expand it to Pacific or other periods.

(in reply to jamespcrowley)
Post #: 11
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 11:34:28 AM   
Peter Fisla

Steel Panthers was one of the games that I inspired me from the game design perspective (among others). What I mean by that, when you get the game you have access to the whole war (41 - 45) as well as great map and OOB editor - sand box type of environment (primary focus is on Eastern Front and Western Front 43 - 45; if game sells well I will add Blitzkrieg and other theater of operations). The sequence of play is more complex than in SP. You have Admin segment (in my game segment = phase), Fire segment, Movement segment, Defensive Fire segment, Advancing Fire segment, Rout Segment, Advance Segment and Close Combat Segment. So the turn is very interactive, example in Movement segment if you move a unit by one hex, or your vehicle changes facing both of these actions can trigger enemy defensive fire and because of this PBEM style of play would be very difficult.

I worked on the game since 2006 (I have done all the game development myself), about 6+ years of development + testing on top before I even decided to publish the game through matrix games. At this point the game in testing stage, the development is basically done. I'm passionate wargamer and this is a labor of love project by a wargamer for wargamers :)

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 12:50:23 PM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 12
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 11:56:40 AM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

This sounds very interesting and, given the stated coverage, very ambitious.

I'm intrigued by the promise of, what sounds like, a proper C&C system. Any more details on this?

I signed for the beta testing as WW2 tactical combat is my forte.

Well basically the units you have at your disposal in a scenario in a given turn are either in command and you can fire or move with them or they are not in command in which case they can only perform defensive fire actions.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 12:57:43 PM >

Post #: 13
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:10:40 PM   
e_barkmann

quote:

yes :)

very cool, looking forward to the game :-)

Scourge of War multiplayer group

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/sowwaterloo

Post #: 14
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:19:27 PM   
goodwoodrw

Sounds like a good challenge, I have just signed up

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to e_barkmann)
Post #: 15
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:20:50 PM   
goodwoodrw

Units on the map, will they be in the way of Nato symbols?

< Message edited by BASB -- 5/16/2015 1:21:27 PM >

Formerly Goodwood

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 16
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 12:30:26 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

Units on the map, will they be in the way of Nato symbols?

This is a tactical wargame, 1 hex = 40m; so I don't think NATO symbols make sense on this scale - the game uses sprites. However all the game graphics is one PNG file so you can replace the sprites with NATO symbols if you like.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 1:31:05 PM >

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 17
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 1:18:38 PM   
Peter Fisla

Even though there is not official support for PBEM, it is in a way doable. Saved game would need to be shared/eamil between players (game play type: hot seat).

Post #: 18
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 1:33:34 PM   
goodwoodrw

So the graphics will similar to the CC series or Steel Panthers?

Formerly Goodwood

Post #: 19
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 2:49:51 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: BASB

So the graphics will similar to the CC series or Steel Panthers?

The graphics engine is similar to Red Storm, meaning 2D map with side view of vehicles but with colours...

(in reply to goodwoodrw)
Post #: 20
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 3:10:20 PM   
Adraeth

Signed, i am interested on the dynamic AI and on scenario/campaign random generator

www.histwar.fr/
---
Periods i like: age of muskets, napoleonics, modern combat.

Post #: 21
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 3:39:33 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Adraeth Montecuccoli

Signed, i am interested on the dynamic AI and on scenario/campaign random generator

There is no campaign random generator or quick battle generator at this point. Scenarios and campaigns have to be designed in the scenario editor. Campaigns are essentially long scenarios, which have day part and night part. Day part is 8 turns and night part is 4 turns; so full day is = 12 turns.

(in reply to Adraeth)
Post #: 22
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 3:44:53 PM   
jamespcrowley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Well basically the units you have at your disposal in a scenario in a given turn are either in command and you can fire or move with them or they are not in command in which case they can only perform defensive fire actions.

Sounds good. At what levels are HQ's - platoon, Company, Battalion?

Cheers

Jim

Post #: 23
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 3:55:21 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: James Crowley

quote:

ORIGINAL: Peter Fisla

Sounds good. At what levels are HQ's - platoon, Company, Battalion?

James,

This is tactical wargame, personnel units are: squads, half-squads, crew and leaders. The command and control mechanism is represented by the presence of leaders. There are no HQ units.

Post #: 24
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 4:28:43 PM   
Hexagon

Ummm squads and half squads... this means that a squad is a number of soldiers with X armament or is an abstract strenght number with an abstract "firepower" value??? same with vehicles... Steel Panthers model VS Heroes of Stalingrad model.

HQs... if leader is HQ this doesnt made the HQ chain very weak if we can kill leaders??? i know this system via Squad Battles and never like it a lot because you need have all the time "HQ leaders" stack with a combat unit to prevent they fall... the good point with this system is that you can have leaders at section level. I maybe prefer here HQs as special units capable of stand in terrain because can defend their own skin and at company level and superior units BUT under company level use leaders that need stay with their "men", the problem is for me with infantry because in vehicles leaders and HQs are in vehicles, at lower level they run combat vehicles and in top levels special vehicles.

I like the Flashpoint map and counter system (specially counters with all info visible without need of click in unit) but they have a problem to show clearly the OOB structure on map and well, the number of units is limited on map.

Well, maybe with all info on words the number of are great hehehe.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 5/16/2015 5:29:10 PM >

Post #: 25
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 4:36:16 PM   
zakblood

just signed up but got back to late off holidays to be on day one :(

so fingers crossed

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 26
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 4:42:26 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Ummm squads and half squads... this means that a squad is a number of soldiers with X armament or is an abstract strenght number with an abstract "firepower" value??? same with vehicles... Steel Panthers model VS Heroes of Stalingrad model.

HQs... if leader is HQ this doesnt made the HQ chain very weak if we can kill leaders??? i know this system via Squad Battles and never like it a lot because you need have all the time "HQ leaders" stack with a combat unit to prevent they fall... the good point with this system is that you can have leaders at section level. I maybe prefer here HQs as special units capable of stand in terrain because can defend their own skin and at company level and superior units BUT under company level use leaders that need stay with their "men", the problem is for me with infantry because in vehicles leaders and HQs are in vehicles, at lower level they run combat vehicles and in top levels special vehicles.

I like the Flashpoint map and counter system (specially counters with all info visible without need of click in unit) but they have a problem to show clearly the OOB structure on map and well, the number of units is limited on map.

Well, maybe with all info on words the number of are great hehehe.

Squad is an abstract number of men per nationality; also each nationality has different number of squads/half-squads like Elite, engineers, airborne, 1st line, 2nd line green and conscripts. Leaders are organized by rank, each rank provides different bonus for directing fire, morale bonus and command and control bonus. Similar I guess to Heroes of Stalingrad game. All personnel units have symbols on counters which are explained well in the manual.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 5:43:42 PM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 27
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 4:47:12 PM   
Vherid

Basically looks like a new attempt at Virtual ASL, count me very interested and signed up.

Post #: 28
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 4:55:58 PM   
Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

For me at tactical level i allways find that use abstract numbers to represent squads is a little strange, if at tactical level every soldier and gun count the best thing is represent them... if you represent individual tanks with a crew for me with soldiers is the same but you use a squad as tank and soldiers inside squad as crew.

Ummm you say that squads are based in diferent parameters... interesting, for me out of use diferent counters to diference between standar units, airborne units etc etc (for example diference the black SS, red guards and other special units) diferences are in values... the unit is allways the same but you change the unit parameters (experience, morale, weapons etc etc)... the good point in your system is that made custom scens very fast because you create the unit 1 time, other question is if system create to clonic units... in SP every squad was diferent at least in the "soft stats" like sargent atributes, unit morale and experience.

Maybe as suggestion you can define a little more the game features in a FAQ... at least when game has his own area in coming soor area.

< Message edited by Hexagon -- 5/16/2015 5:56:44 PM >

Post #: 29
RE: Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! - 5/16/2015 5:17:48 PM   
Peter Fisla

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hexagon

Thanks for the reply.

For me at tactical level i allways find that use abstract numbers to represent squads is a little strange, if at tactical level every soldier and gun count the best thing is represent them... if you represent individual tanks with a crew for me with soldiers is the same but you use a squad as tank and soldiers inside squad as crew.

Ummm you say that squads are based in diferent parameters... interesting, for me out of use diferent counters to diference between standar units, airborne units etc etc (for example diference the black SS, red guards and other special units) diferences are in values... the unit is allways the same but you change the unit parameters (experience, morale, weapons etc etc)... the good point in your system is that made custom scens very fast because you create the unit 1 time, other question is if system create to clonic units... in SP every squad was diferent at least in the "soft stats" like sargent atributes, unit morale and experience.

Maybe as suggestion you can define a little more the game features in a FAQ... at least when game has his own area in coming soor area.

In the scenario editor, you first select nationality then the type of AFV/personnel unit you want to add it into your scenario order of the battle. There is a cloning function, you select an AFV/personnel unit and you can clone up to 20 units to speed up the OOB creation process. I have already written the draft manual, I'm assuming beta testers will get access to it. I used the scenario editor for all my scenario design needs. You can even import existing maps or sectors to speed up terrain design, you don't need to create the scenario map from scratch every time. The scenario editor is very easy to use. I first worked on the editor before I started to work on the game itself.

< Message edited by Peter Fisla -- 5/16/2015 6:18:53 PM >

(in reply to Hexagon)
Post #: 30
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [General] >> Press Releases, News and Events from Matrix >> Tigers on the Hunt needs true wargamers for beta! Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI