Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

just got the game on steam want some feedback on stratedy

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> just got the game on steam want some feedback on stratedy Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
just got the game on steam want some feedback on stratedy - 5/23/2015 4:25:39 PM   
kevini1000

Hi,

The first thing is the small garrisons. They cost maintenance and aren't really that useful.
I disbanded all the German and Autro-Hungarian small garrisons.
I disbanded some of the Turkish ones and left most of the others since they have lots of coastline and other areas to protect.
I tried to build just enough units so I could push in the West, Serbia and stabilize the Eastern front.
Otherwise I was putting production into production of shells/ammo and research.
I see manpower as the most important resource in the game since you only have so much.
So really what I want is to build up my force quality so hopefully I won't loss as much manpower through out.
I was starting November and had taken Brussels, Liege and Belgrade. I also encircled Warsaw with about seven Russian units.
I like this move as part of stabilizing the Russian front.
Post #: 1
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 5:40:58 PM   
kirk23

For the next patch the Small Garrison will resort back to being a free unit,something they were always intended to be, they were created to represent your Countries Home Guard, and as such were made up of members of a nations population, that were to old for front line duty in the Army etc. when the game was first released, most Cities were left undefended, as they contained no Garrisons for protection, and far to often, because of fog of war, Cities were being captured far to easily. Hence the sole reason for the creation of the Small Garrison, these units can't stray very far from the City they start from, they can't be transported by Rail or Sea. So as I said earlier, they will revert back to what they were created for, as free units, that cost you NOTHING! They can't be purchased,they cost zero manpower or Upkeep. They were designed to give a player peace of mind Knowing that all your Cities behind they front line had some protection.

Make it so!

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 2
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 6:48:53 PM   
kevini1000

Yeah I was thinking they should be maintenance free. crap guess I'll to wait for the new patch.

(in reply to kirk23)
Post #: 3
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 7:37:40 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: sath

Yeah I was thinking they should be maintenance free. crap guess I'll to wait for the new patch.

Is your game version 1.64? You can check this in your game credit screen, should be 1.64 top right corner..

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 4
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 10:01:19 PM   
kevini1000

Yes it is 1.64 should my small garrisons in this version cost zero maintenance?

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 5
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 10:13:34 PM   
operating

quote:

ORIGINAL: sath

Yes it is 1.64 should my small garrisons in this version cost zero maintenance?

No, the thought occurred to me after posting the last post that Steam does "automatic updates". Many like myself update manually. Regardless, if you are new to the game, use the best version. If what Kirk is going to do in the next patch holds true, there is going to be a lot of members "Who are going to be changing their strategies on how to play the game", myself included.

(in reply to kevini1000)
Post #: 6
RE: just got the game on steam want some feedback on st... - 5/23/2015 10:43:49 PM   
kirk23

Small Garrisons will cost NOTHING! In the next huge game play patch I'm working on, I want City protection to be a major issue for each Country. As it stands at the present time,only protecting your Capital Cities is what concerns most gamers, I think all your Cities should be vitally important to protect. Also on new Commanders for the game, at the last count there are now 150 Commanders, that's 100 more than, is available now, every Country in the game will have at the very least a couple of Generals.

Make it so!

(in reply to operating)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War I] >> Commander - The Great War >> just got the game on steam want some feedback on stratedy Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI