Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

Editable map overlay possible ?

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Editable map overlay possible ? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Editable map overlay possible ? - 5/4/2015 8:43:27 PM   
Bigeard

The easiest way I can describe this is what it would be in the real world, so here goes:

You have a paper map, and on that you have an acetate overlay, on which you can make and erase notes, draw arrows showing the intended axis of advance, circle objectives and write down the units that have to take them, and so on.

Is it possible we could have something like this for JTCS ? For example, each player in a PBEM game would have his own overlay ( obviously this would not form part of the .bte file ) and it would help remind him of what his strategy and tactical plans are from turn to turn. It would be of great help in the larger scenarios.

Any thoughts, gentlemen ?

Regards
Paul

Regards

Paul Kirkland
Post #: 1
RE: Editable map overlay possible ? - 5/4/2015 9:04:20 PM   
berto

There's nothing preventing you from Shift-PrScr/pasting screenshots into your stand-alone graphics editor and doing what you describe.

But integrating this functionality into the game itself? Not at all likely, sorry.

Campaign Series Legion https://cslegion.com/
Campaign Series Lead Coder https://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tt.asp?forumid=1515
Panzer Campaigns, Panzer Battles, Civil War Battles Lead Coder https://wargameds.com

(in reply to Bigeard)
Post #: 2
RE: Editable map overlay possible ? - 5/5/2015 8:22:08 AM   
Bigeard

Okay, thanks for the reply Berto. I've already used the print screen option, and its a bit unwieldy. I was hoping for something editable that could show up in-game on the map, with the press of a key in a similar fashion to objectives, place-names etc.

Some 'admin' tools to assist in big scenarios, such as this, and being able to keep the 'Find Org' window open while moving units, would be much appreciated. Is there any chance at all you could look into it ?

Regards

Paul Kirkland

(in reply to berto)
Post #: 3
RE: Editable map overlay possible ? - 5/5/2015 10:14:59 PM   
rvseydlitz

I would second the "find org" staying open part for sure.

(in reply to Bigeard)
Post #: 4
RE: Editable map overlay possible ? - 5/29/2015 1:14:37 PM   
LoneWulf63

As Berto said, not likely. I make maps for the games but I use the Save Screen/graphic editor/Google Earth method. It is a bit cumbersome but I have made some rather complicated large maps using this process.

In loving memory of my wife, Rebecca. 5/2/52 to 7/13/2014. I miss you sweetheart.

(in reply to rvseydlitz)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> John Tiller's Campaign Series >> Editable map overlay possible ? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI