Matrix Games Forums

Forums  Register  Login  Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ 

My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums  Log Out

need help with the text/font size in game

View related threads: (in this forum | in all forums)

Logged in as: Guest
Users viewing this topic: none
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> need help with the text/font size in game Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 3:01:36 AM   
Clariti

I looked for a way in manual and in game to increase the text font size, I tried increasing my screen resolution and game does not change the text or font size with a resolution change... is there anyway to increase the text size so i can read it better please?

I recently had cataract surgery with new lens implants and one of the lens is messed up and am having to deal with trying to get a new lens and dealing with very poor eyesight in the meantime.. I would so appreciate a way to increase the text size in game if anyone can help.. thanks;)
Post #: 1
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 3:06:44 AM   
elliotg

Hi Clariti

You can increase the font size of some in-game elements:

- the Selection Panel at bottom-left can be expanded larger (button at top-right of panel)
- Empire Navigation Tool at screen left can be cycled between small-med-large using button at top-right of panel

Believe it or not we have actually increased the overall font sizes from where they were before Universe - most fonts used to be smaller

Hope those above features help you enough.

Thanks
Elliot

(in reply to Clariti)
Post #: 2
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 4:38:47 AM   
Clariti

tyvm i will check those out n see if they help

(in reply to elliotg)
Post #: 3
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 9:43:07 AM   
Spidey

You're not the first one to have some trouble actually reading all the text in the game. And it's gotten quite a lot better than it used to be, but it's still hard for some people on monitors with high pixel density.

Personally I use this application.
http://12noon.com/?page_id=80

Takes my resolution down to 1600 by 900 where I can actually read the text, runs the game, and when I exit it restores my 1920 by 1080 desktop resolution without messing up the icon placement on the desktop. DW font size problem solved. :-)

(in reply to Clariti)
Post #: 4
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 11:08:24 AM   
BlueTemplar

Wouldn't 1920*2/3x1080*2/3=1280x720 (taking advantage of the 3 sub pixels on the horizontal), and especially 1920/2x1080/2=960x540 make for a less blurry image?

< Message edited by BlueTemplar -- 5/30/2015 12:09:46 PM >

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 5
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 11:13:58 AM   
Siddham

You say you "tried increasing my screen resolution"
Did you mean to say 'decreasing' or 'reducing'?

As I understand it, readability of the fonts will improve if you reduce your native screen resolution

The game automatically adjusts to whatever the native desk top resolution is set to
I think there are ways to this that are relatively easy to set up and they dont mess up your desktop etc - I think
I dont know because I already have a relatively low native res, so I have no major issues with fonts

Try the solution that Spidey linked...

(in reply to Spidey)
Post #: 6
RE: need help with the text/font size in game - 5/30/2015 2:22:01 PM   
Spidey

quote:

ORIGINAL: BlueTemplar

Wouldn't 1920*2/3x1080*2/3=1280x720 (taking advantage of the 3 sub pixels on the horizontal), and especially 1920/2x1080/2=960x540 make for a less blurry image?

I haven't tried those resolutions, to be honest. I was playing in 1366x768 for a long time and that kind of felt a bit low res, with the info boxes taking up a bit too much screen space, but low res beats sore eyes any day. After one of the updates reworked the font size, I decided to try in 1600x900 and the blur wasn't significant, so that's what I've been doing since.

(in reply to BlueTemplar)
Post #: 7
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Tech Support >> need help with the text/font size in game Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI